Jump to content

Dear Diary


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

By evicting this poor spider, has Craig just destroyed his moderator's "spidey sense"?

Things might never be the same round here.

 

No, I first took it up to the nearby Sizewell nuclear power plant, let it have an irradiated swim, let it bite me then threw the thing out.  I've learned from what I've seen on telly...

(I'm wondering how many NSA/GCHQ flags I can trigger today)

  • Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just because i couldnt think of a better thread for it as feeling a proud father today - son got his Alevel results today A*A*A*B & probably another A (his and another less able candidates coursework have been muddled so currently showing a B), was very worried when he said he was going to try for 5 ALevels but he obviously knew best

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ckn said:

No, I first took it up to the nearby Sizewell nuclear power plant, let it have an irradiated swim, let it bite me then threw the thing out.  I've learned from what I've seen on telly...

(I'm wondering how many NSA/GCHQ flags I can trigger today)

I had an MRI scan yesterday, Mrs Shadow told me to make sure nothing got in with me as she didn't want me turning into Jeff Goldblum. 

It was the full monty with Gadolinium contrast tracer injection. 

I'm having my Cardioversion tomorrow that I expect to combine with the irradiated Gadoilinium and trigger some superpowers.
Keep watching the skies. 

 

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shadow said:

I had an MRI scan yesterday, Mrs Shadow told me to make sure nothing got in with me as she didn't want me turning into Jeff Goldblum. 

It was the full monty with Gadolinium contrast tracer injection. 

I'm having my Cardioversion tomorrow that I expect to combine with the irradiated Gadoilinium and trigger some superpowers.
Keep watching the skies. 

 

Ahh, cardioversion, is that the Frankenstein's monster start-up sequence?  It's when the doctor goes "he's alive!" afterwards that you wonder which crisp packet they got their degree from ?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ckn said:

Ahh, cardioversion, is that the Frankenstein's monster start-up sequence?  It's when the doctor goes "he's alive!" afterwards that you wonder which crisp packet they got their degree from ?

That's pretty much it, although I prefer to think Tony Stark rather than Viktor Frankentein. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2018 at 4:24 PM, amm said:

People must think I'm proper nosy looking at their profiles, when in fact it's just my fat fingers hitting their names instead of the last post

I've also got a bad  case of sausagefingeritis !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Did a 6 mile paddle of Ullswater this morning. Absolutely stunning. 

Any water left in it? I thought United Utilities, who get a lot of their (?) water from the Lake District, were predicting the impending desertification of the entire North West recently?

PS. Glad you enjoyed your paddle.

 

Edited by tonyXIII
  • Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Any water left in it? I thought United Utilities, who get a lot of their (?) water from the Lake District, were predicting the impending desertification of the entire North West recently?

PS. Glad you enjoyed your paddle.

 

Strangely, it was full.

Brexit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I came home for lunch (dinner) today to see a dead dog on my neighbours lawn.

They are away on holiday so I phoned the council. I opted for the street cleansing option and obviously got the right department.

I explained the situation and the operator said she needed to ask a few questions.

The usual name address contact number malarkey and she asked me to describe the dog.

"Can you describe it"?

"Brown medium size"

"What breed"?

"Does it matter what breed it is? Its brown and dead, believe me there is no possibility of you removing the wrong dead dog"

"Oh, ok we will get someone out within an hour."

I don't know what time they got here but it had gone by tea time

 

  • Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ckn said:

A freeloading spider doesn't get squatter's rights in this house.  I'm not without sympathy, it can have the garage or shed all to itself, there's far more food for it there and I'm far less likely to be disturbed by a scream from my wife if they just stay out.

Spray your thresholds with at mixture of eucalyptus oil and water. Usually keeps the spiders out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

Spray your thresholds with at mixture of eucalyptus oil and water. Usually keeps the spiders out.

I’d much rather have a few spiders around than flies. We live right at the edge of the countryside so flies, mozzies and all sorts of other small flying things come in if we leave windows open. A well placed spider web is nature’s filter. 

I have an irrational dislike for flies, especially the big ones, the wife has an irrational dislike for spiders. That means, of course, that we tolerate the occasional fly but spiders get escorted out as soon as they’re seen. This is peak spider time as the summer starts to turn to autumn. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MattSantos said:

I'm seriously considering packing in the office job, going back to Uni for a year and becoming a teacher!

I'm seriously considering buying some land and building a shipping container house!

It's all happening!

 

What is it in particular that makes you want to do this? Your life will change immeasurably. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2018 at 10:15 AM, tonyXIII said:

By evicting this poor spider, has Craig just destroyed his moderator's "spidey sense"?

Things might never be the same round here.

 

Well I at least know I’m not welcome at CKN’s house

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

I've often thought I'd love to go into teaching, if not for the actual hours worked and the stats about new entrants leaving. I've volunteered to give lessons in schools a few times and really enjoyed it 

Its no where near the same, but i had 18 months teaching English in Seoul and loved it. My next step is actual research into what jobs are available etc.

22 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

What is it in particular that makes you want to do this? Your life will change immeasurably. 

I work for an investment bank. The hours cant be worse, the pressure cant be worse. My job is moving to India, so im taking the money and running. I could easily get a quite well paid job when i want, but why bother. Ive 0 interest in money and indeed looking for a lifestyle change. We shall see. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dear Diary,

Whilst at the inlaws helping sort through my father in laws papers I've found this actual paper diary documenting the Frome Police and Trowbridge Military (home guard I presume!) activities, from June 1940 to June 1941;

IMG_5104.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Its no where near the same, but i had 18 months teaching English in Seoul and loved it. My next step is actual research into what jobs are available etc.

I work for an investment bank. The hours cant be worse, the pressure cant be worse. My job is moving to India, so im taking the money and running. I could easily get a quite well paid job when i want, but why bother. Ive 0 interest in money and indeed looking for a lifestyle change. We shall see. 

Great to hear you’re contemplating giving it a go, but Imwouldnt be totally sure you will find what you are looking for in terms of hours and pressure. If it’s purely down to a love of seeing children flourish, that’d more suit your choice, i’d say. The profession is on its knees and you’d be very warmly welcomed. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Its no where near the same, but i had 18 months teaching English in Seoul and loved it. My next step is actual research into what jobs are available etc.

I work for an investment bank. The hours cant be worse, the pressure cant be worse. My job is moving to India, so im taking the money and running. I could easily get a quite well paid job when i want, but why bother. Ive 0 interest in money and indeed looking for a lifestyle change. We shall see. 

Do it , plain and simple 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our holiday is booked and paid for. Sorrento for two weeks. The wife finally has permission to fly two years after her hospital stay. 

I don’t like wishing time away but October...

  • Like 3

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...