Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Dear Diary

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

I threw my office chair in the back of the car and took it home. 

I was quote proud of how I was adjusting to working from home.

My wife said it was less impressive as I had been working from home for over a year.

• Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

6 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I was quote proud of how I was adjusting to working from home.

My wife said it was less impressive as I had been working from home for over a year.

We already had a decent office chair at home but my wife claimed it as she was also working from home. So I raided the office for mine. 

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I’ve wondered in the past about how good I would be at working out how long had passed if I was stuck in a cave or somewhere away from daylight. I’m finding out that I would be useless and that’s even with the ability to stare out into the garden.

I have fairly bad tinnitus at times, made worse by silence. My hearing aid helps massively as it provides noise context for me that distracts my brain from the tinnitus.

I was on calls from 0830-1430 non-stop and some were quite loud with strong opinions. I came off at 1430 into silence, I had my hearing aid out as I was using headphones and it sounded like I was in a church bell-tower ringing away.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 23/03/2020 at 12:04, Hammerless Nail said:

Well, the day I've long been dreading has finally arrived. It's always been in the back of my mind that this day would inevitably come, and I thought I had formulated a plan of how I would cope with it. Now it's happened, I realise that no amount of planning can prepare you for the feeling of emptiness and despair that is now sitting in the pit of my stomach.

All I can do is keep going, but I just feel like spending weeks in bed, avoiding social media, TV, radio - all contact, in fact - in case some innocent tiny snippet I read, hear or see brings it all back, and I start spiralling downwards again.

I know that hundreds of thousands - possibly even millions - of people around the world are experiencing the same pain, the same feeling of helplessness that I'm experiencing right now, and I wonder if they're handling it any better than I am.

So, how is everyone else dealing with the news that Genesis have reformed?

AFAIK, Peter Gabriel is not involved, therefore it is not really Genesis.

HTH.

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On 30/03/2020 at 22:14, Northern Eel said:

I’ve wondered in the past about how good I would be at working out how long had passed if I was stuck in a cave or somewhere away from daylight. I’m finding out that I would be useless and that’s even with the ability to stare out into the garden.

This sounds ridiculous, but as a long term work-from-home-er, make sure the windows are clean and open for a good chunk of the day. It does make a difference.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Not a point I want to get into discussion on so here rather than the COVID threads.

My lunch 1230-1300.

1230, told another doctor in our patch has died of confirmed COVID-19.
1250, James O'Brien radio show on in the background where he read out all the health and social care workers he knows have died with COVID-19.
1300, I've just finished a meeting where we were discussing children & young persons' palliative care guidance for COVID-19

The year 2020 can go fornicate itself.

If COVID-19 hadn't happened, I'd be in Sorrento in Italy on holiday right now. Quite probably at this time of day sitting in the main road in town with a coffee and a book.

• Sad 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

38 minutes ago, ckn said:

The year 2020 can go fornicate itself.

It's not warmed up, or done yet. Everyone watch your backs. 2020 isn't over yet......... you have been warned.

• Sad 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Dear Diary.

I got a call from the council today about my Section21 removal, and it seems they are as desperate to move me as I am to move out. All I get is the slamming of the partition door, the noise of the lift, that i have to pay for, despite being on the ground floor, and the cancer of my neighbour to remind me why I live facing the sea. I got some milk from a friend, thank you go. But i cant move until the organisations get themselves sorted. I have a nice flat lined up. I want to move. The letting agents want me to move in so bad it hasn't been on Zoopla yet. I have 30 boxes that i have scrounged  from Lidl & my local offie, and I have a man-with-a-van on stand by. The Landlord has held it back for me. I even have the backing of my local MP  Sally-Ann Hart (c). I am at my witz end. I want to move, my Landlord wants me to move, my future landlord hasn't had a tenant for 4 months, so.....

Deep breaths Bleep.

If I went out and screamed like a wolf, i would get sectioned, but i might get that place.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

This morning, I decided to reset my "ignored" list on here in an act of good will.

One person didn't last 30 minutes, and no, it wasn't Saintslass 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been repairing my garden bench today and have just been painting the ironwork a nice shade of British racing green. Inevitably there were a couple of little drips. One of my cats just walked in a few minutes ago. It has a green paw....

• Like 1