James Lowes to Widnes?

I would think any rumours along those lines are wide of the mark. He left Yorkshire Carnegie because of a poor season 'by mutual consent'. I can't see any SL side taking him on as a head coach. There are other far better candidates

8 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

James Lowes to Catalans as McNamara's assistant maybe?

He was sat with McNamara at Huddersfield on Thursday night. Can't see Catalans or Widnes going for him though.

1 hour ago, JonM said:

He was sat with McNamara at Huddersfield on Thursday night. Can't see Catalans or Widnes going for him though.

Yes also noticed that. Think McNamara may have now got a more secure future at Catalan so what better than to get his old mate by his side.

As for Widnes my money is on wane if he feels he needs the work.

Dear me. You don't sack Betts for being a hangdog, slightly undynamic coach and then replace him with Lowes.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Seriously?

The only way to have a worse outcome than Francis Cummins as coach would be to have James Lowes as coach! Are Widnes trying to guarantee being in the Championship next season?

If you really must have an ex-Bulls coach then splash the cash and get Mick Potter. Failing that, I think Peter Fox is still alive and kicking...

12 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Seriously?

The only way to have a worse outcome than Francis Cummins as coach would be to have James Lowes as coach! Are Widnes trying to guarantee being in the Championship next season?

If you really must have an ex-Bulls coach then splash the cash and get Mick Potter. Failing that, I think Peter Fox is still alive and kicking...

Glad you don't mention Nobby Noble, the most over rated coach ever.

Lucky to be in the right place at the right time taking over from Elliot, always thought his teams had only one diemention that being Plan A, and when that was not working revert to ........................................... erm Plan A.

His CV has not been very good since leaving the Bulls, been found out and shown the door at a few clubs, he talks a good game though.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Yes, Noble was so simplistic at the Bulls it only took the rest of the league half a decade to work it out. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

Except Saints. ?

Yes yes, and Leeds and every other game we lost in that time. But you get my drift 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Archived