Whitehaven Shortfall

Hate the rec

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bomberisgod said:

??? What a shambles of a club.

Absolutely. Dear local community and rugby league family please clear our shortfall so we can carry on in the same manner moving forward ?

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Just now, gillmeister said:

Absolutely. Dear local community and rugby league family please clear our shortfall so we can carry on in the same manner moving forward ?

Inclined to agree. Aren't Aussie Visa level players subject to a minimum wages of £25k , so let's raise a load of coin and then commit to deals like that, what's that saying about things being to good to be true. 

All very patchy and odd imo

I really hope this works out for haven but why do “investors” from, I believe, Norfolk and Suffolk want to invest in a club that does not own its ground?  What does the 3 year contract signed at meeting mean for the Rugby club? Finally and has been mentioned before who are the other investors? From companies house info there does not appear to be major funds in the companies Mr Harvey is a major shareholder in. 

foggieraider13.gif

8 hours ago, Egbertnobacon said:

The figure is not the current debt , it’s the expected shortfall at the end of the season , projected at current levels of expenditure . That’s how I read it .

8 hours ago, donald said:

And they've already got 2 Queensland cup players ready to sign 

So everyone’s kinda donations aren’t to save the club they’re to sign 2 Australians.

Maybe every club should do fundraising to get other clubs supporters to pay for them new players.

Talking to a sellafield contractor yesterday who was approached to donate to the fund. (He did) and he was told that the club owe money to several people outside of the running costs shortfall and are also being taken to court by the people who provided services for the concert put on at the rec last year. If a takeover does happen the shambolic chairman and his cohorts should be made to resign.

32 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

So everyone’s kinda donations aren’t to save the club they’re to sign 2 Australians.

Maybe every club should do fundraising to get other clubs supporters to pay for them new players.

The new consortium are to my knowledge funding any new players nothing to do with any money raised. Both have European passports 

40 minutes ago, Egbertnobacon said:

Lots of I’ll informed assumptions . Let’s let them get on with it and worry about ourselves .

What are people assuming? Haven have asked for money to stay afloat but once that money’s raised by people including supporters of other teams they will be using fresh money to spend on players 

Poor way to conduct business and as stated elsewhere the current bod should fall on there sword 

But not full of ill informed quesswork . To suggest that donations are funding 2 Aussies is ridiculous . You only need a couple of clicks to find out that the consortium are funding it as well as putting in £33k to cover expenses over the rest of the season .  Good luck to them I say 

3 minutes ago, Egbertnobacon said:

But not full of ill informed quesswork . To suggest that donations are funding 2 Aussies is ridiculous . You only need a couple of clicks to find out that the consortium are funding it as well as putting in £33k to cover expenses over the rest of the season .  Good luck to them I say 

The Donations are filling a black hole to allow further money to be spent when our new board came in they had to work within  the constraints of the clubs financial position they inherited 

its very much false pretense. 

19 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

The Donations are filling a black hole to allow further money to be spent when our new board came in they had to work within  the constraints of the clubs financial position they inherited 

its very much false pretense. 

We so need new players though only got about 20 at the moment and some playing with injuries. Best part of the consortium's plans is to have u16,s and 19,s academy teams.

18 minutes ago, donald said:

We so need new players though only got about 20 at the moment and some playing with injuries. Best part of the consortium's plans is to have u16,s and 19,s academy teams.

Hand on heart I hope it works out for the club Donald, but does it not seem too good to be true? What does Haven have to make it such an attractive proposition for a consortium?  In all honesty I'd include most RL clubs in that question but some have physical assets, with due respect Whitehaven have absolutely nothing.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

23 minutes ago, donald said:

That’s true you must have the smallest squad in the league to be fair 

until recently I didn’t realise the cost of running academy teams at the various tiers so if they’re prepared to invest in that area hats off to them it would certainly pay off medium to long term 

8 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Hand on heart I hope it works out for the club Donald, but does it not seem too good to be true? What does Haven have to make it such an attractive proposition for a consortium?  In all honesty I'd include most RL clubs in that question but some have physical assets, with due respect Whitehaven have absolutely nothing.

It does seem too good to be true no idea how much cash they plan to put in but the plan is to be self sufficient within 3 years and playing top level of the championship which will be hard with so many full time teams now and that will never be an option up here unless there was some form of merger. Gary Eilbeck mentioned last night how both teams talked with RFL about it 4 years ago and where basically told theres no extra money in it so financially was never gonna happen.

17 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

That's what he told someone in the Gus risman bar a couple of years ago whether it's true or not is another matter.

We are no better off every team in champ 1 is struggling for money and if we do not achieve promotion this year will we struggling ?

As for rumors I was told this week by an electricians that we owe there company £1200-00 and they cannot get it, so lets not revel in  the jambo's downfall as we do not know whats around the corner.

Archived