Whitehaven

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

The club is dead, dig the grave and bury the casket - £60k is a holiday for 12 families surely they have 12 families who love the club

The Leigh supporters way of winning friends and influencing people.

The worry may be that people have paid for holidays and there is a lack of disposable income - at this time of year.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

44 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The Leigh supporters way of winning friends and influencing people.

The worry may be that people have paid for holidays and there is a lack of disposable income - at this time of year.

Ironic that a Leigh fan would post that, considering the mess they've been in. 

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

And a York fan crowing that they took a hundred.

York are another example of a serial crisis club. How many times have they failed in their various guises?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Do you have something stuck in your throat? You do come over as being a very jealous person for one reason or another. Its not Leigh's fault the wife left you..

8 hours ago, Bearman said:

And a York fan crowing that they took a hundred.

York are another example of a serial crisis club. How many times have they failed in their various guises?

Err once about 15 years ago

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

And I wasn’t crowing. I wasn’t even there. I was just pointing out that haven must only have 400 speccies for one of the bigger games of the season. Good luck for the future

6 hours ago, SL17 said:

Do you have something stuck in your throat? You do come over as being a very jealous person for one reason or another. Its not Leigh's fault the wife left you..

The tone of your reply sort of proves his point

13 minutes ago, RS said:

The tone of your reply sort of proves his point

No surprise seeing a Leigh fan make it personal, they don't seem to like the truth and just turn immediately to abuse. A very hostile fan base. 

7 hours ago, SL17 said:

and all the more strange as Leigh are providing his club with dr players and propping them up in a league 1 playoff spot .

46 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

and all the more strange as Leigh are providing his club with dr players and propping them up in a league 1 playoff spot .

The first part is a fact but the second part is just not true , overstating their significance and towns resources without them and is disrespectful to everyone else . There’s teams with far more reliance on it you should look at .

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

The first part is a fact but the second part is just not true , overstating their significance and towns resources without them and is disrespectful to everyone else . There’s teams with far more reliance on it you should look at .

I'm not so sure DavidM  I do realise dr is here and everyone uses it like it or loathe it , but when you see important trys scored by dr players in recent weeks then you have to say it has helped clubs , including Workington , to win some games and put them where they are at the moment . Or else why use it ?

2 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

So what, because Leigh are in DR with my team I`m not allowed to now question their fans posts on this forum, is that how it works, we are now totally subservient to Leigh and all that it means? Dont be so utterly ridiculous.

15 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

The club is dead, dig the grave and bury the casket - £60k is a holiday for 12 families surely they have 12 families who love the club

I made a donation to LISA when YOUR club was in the poo. Maybe I should instead have decided YOUR club was dead?

I donated recently to Rochdale.  I will not be donating to Whitehaven - their board has screwed up, their fans are not turning out in enough numbers to support the club, and they say they have an investor waiting who surely will not be incentivised if the club has to rely on handouts from outside the fan base (been there, got the scars from that...). But I sympathise very much with those fans who ARE turning out - like the long- suffering fans of so many other clubs let down by the club owners and their fellow townspeople. 

And I therefore suggest your comment is not helpful.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

So what, because Leigh are in DR with my team I`m not allowed to now question their fans posts on this forum, is that how it works, we are now totally subservient to Leigh and all that it means? Dont be so utterly ridiculous.

14 hours ago, dkw said:

your original comment was'n't critical at Leigh fans though was it , it was aimed at their club 

7 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

your original comment was'n't critical at Leigh fans though was it , it was aimed at their club 

No it wasnt, it was aimed at a Leigh fan, obviously, as seen by me typing "A Leigh fan" and not "the Leigh Club. but by all means, keep going, this is fun.

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

by all means, keep going, this is fun.

No it isn't, please stop.

This thread is about Whitehaven's future.

Stay on topic.

Thanks everyone.

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

No it isn't, please stop.

This thread is about Whitehaven's future.

Stay on topic.

Thanks everyone.

Spoilsport.........

youre right though.

26 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

I made a donation to LISA when YOUR club was in the poo. Maybe I should instead have decided YOUR club was dead?

I donated recently to Rochdale.  I will not be donating to Whitehaven - their board has screwed up, their fans are not turning out in enough numbers to support the club, and they say they have an investor waiting who surely will not be incentivised if the club has to rely on handouts from outside the fan base (been there, got the scars from that...). But I sympathise very much with those fans who ARE turning out - like the long- suffering fans of so many other clubs let down by the club owners and their fellow townspeople. 

And I therefore suggest your comment is not helpful.

Why don’t you buy and run the club

It sounds like , we’ve got ourselves into a big mess mismanaging things ( again ) , bail us out or it’s really really dire ( again ) so we can carry on as normal and it’ll all come right to a great future , and honestly this is the last last time . Cheers . What’s next , an advert on telly ?

how many semi pro clubs have gone to the wall in the past 20 or 30 yrs and even gone altogether ? quite a few and Whitehaven are by no way unique to this current situation and certainly will not be the last and its a shame that people who supposedly are lovers of rugby league cannot wait to have a dig at and mock and even add wide off the mark speculation and insinuations towards a club who are in seemingly difficult times . No one knows what is around the corner from season to season for any club , yes they have probably overspent in last seasons promo push but who wants to be in this basement league for the foreseeable future with almost no away supporter revenue and a dwindling home support  and some of the things said on other clubs forums are ranging from the ridiculous to the libellous .

20 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Because some people like to talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. 

So because Adey (a Bradford Bulls fan) doesn't want to buy and run Whitehaven, it is proof that he can't 'walk the walk'

That has to be the most bizarre assertion I've ever seen on this forum (and that really is saying something!!)

Archived