Dewsbury v Featherstone

Crown Flatter

Featherstone on a bit of a downer,  Dewsbury grabbing three points from the last four and I thought we could take them, but on post game reflection, this might be a game too early. The break may have helped Fev to get themselves back on their horse and be ready to play better, so, unfortunately I predict:

Dewsbury 16-28 Fearherstone

FTS: Teanby

MoM: Speakman 

Att: 1622

Legs, Dews, Legs.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Featherstone on a bit of a downer,  Dewsbury grabbing three points from the last four and I thought we could take them, but on post game reflection, this might be a game too early. The break may have helped Fev to get themselves back on their horse and be ready to play better, so, unfortunately I predict:

Dewsbury 16-28 Fearherstone

FTS: Teanby

MoM: Speakman 

Att: 1622

I hope that you are correct with the gate - everything else seems probable too but it is time for us to cause a bit of an upset somewhere, so how about a win by one point, preferably a last-minute drop goal from an unlikely source. These sort of things never happen though, do they?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

44 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I hope that you are correct with the gate - everything else seems probable too but it is time for us to cause a bit of an upet somewhere, so how about a win by one point, preferably a last-minute drop goal from an unlikely source. These sort of things never happen though, do they?

Dewsbury played well at Fev despite a big scoreline against them. They went into an early big lead and it was a couple of good plays by Fev that took the game away from them and late scores made it look a little lop-sided. Fev have lost to some good sides recently and you can never tell what you might get with Dewsbury. Should be a cracker. Attendance 1565 and Fev by seven.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I hope that you are correct with the gate - everything else seems probable too but it is time for us to cause a bit of an upset somewhere, so how about a win by one point, preferably a last-minute drop goal from an unlikely source. These sort of things never happen though, do they?

17-16 and Kevin Crouthers!

Tom

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fev without not only Ridyard but Holmes too. Let me tell you, there will be plenty of Fev fans very happy if WE manage to win with a last-minute drop goal on Sunday.

We're missing Rob Worrincy...

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fev without not only Ridyard but Holmes too. Let me tell you, there will be plenty of Fev fans very happy if WE manage to win with a last-minute drop goal on Sunday.

Wildie and Thacks not bad halfbacks to replace them though ?

1 hour ago, Reverend Ram said:

May be closer than one would have expected a few weeks ago but think we will lose out by 10 - tho as ever there is no harm in me praying for a better outcome!

What happens if the Fev vicar prays for a win and you pray for a win? How will the almighty decide on that one????

16 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Good God , fev must be worried about Dewsbury

About 4 or 5 years ago we had a triumphant pre-season under a new coach, beat various SL teams including putting 50 past Hull FC, and turned up at Dewsbury in confident mood anticipating a thumping win and a triumphant season, only to go down to a late Thackeray drop goal.

A couple of years later and we had a memorable victory at Odsal to revive our top 4 hopes in the 2015 season. Four days later we faced Dewsbury at home and were comprehensively beaten, and our coach left the club immediately afterwards.

I'm always nervous about Dewsbury!

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

About 4 or 5 years ago we had a triumphant pre-season under a new coach, beat various SL teams including putting 50 past Hull FC, and turned up at Dewsbury in confident mood anticipating a thumping win and a triumphant season, only to go down to a late Thackeray drop goal.

A couple of years later and we had a memorable victory at Odsal to revive our top 4 hopes in the 2015 season. Four days later we faced Dewsbury at home and were comprehensively beaten, and our coach left the club immediately afterwards.

I'm always nervous about Dewsbury!

Remember several seasons ago when Bostock ran riot and ploughed our defence into the ground. We secured his services shortly after.

I promise if we win, I will not gloat nor wind up any featherstone rovers fan, I will conduct myself in a proper manner

Without ridicule or unfounded reference's to hillbillies, banjo playing, 6 finger hands, 3 eyed fish, brother & sister romances. 

;)

Yeah right ;)

2 hours ago, ramsfandan said:

no sam day if he isnt injured whys he not in..... always plays well

That looks like a line up with a distinct bias towards defence - big lads back in and Day dropped because of his size. Naturally I believe that this is a mistaken tactic. ☺️

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 hours ago, andyram said:

Here's the Rams squad,

DfMK_ncX0AEgEAe.jpeg

Trouty to carry the water - best way of adding some bottle.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

5 hours ago, coolie said:

I promise if we win, I will not gloat nor wind up any featherstone rovers fan, I will conduct myself in a proper manner

Without ridicule or unfounded reference's to hillbillies, banjo playing, 6 finger hands, 3 eyed fish, brother & sister romances. 

;)

Yeah right ;)

What can we expect if you lose though Coolie? "Fev are a dirty little pub side and all their tries where from forward passes. One was a knock on I can't see them making the top four"????? Hope for Gods sake that thus is what you will be saying anyway?????

Even though we've picked up 3pts from the last two games I just can't see us getting anything from today's game,even without Ridyard & Holmes Fev are still a very good side, Thackeray & Wildie aren't bad replacement's. 

My team today.

Guzdek

Potts

Glover

Hallett

Morton

Sykes

Brown

Sheriffe

Ward

Teanby

Walshaw

Trout

Crowther

Subs

Speakman

Reilly

Wakeman

Igbinedion

Rams 14

Fev 26

FTS Glover

Mom Ward

Att 1268

6 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Even though we've picked up 3pts from the last two games I just can't see us getting anything from today's game,even without Ridyard & Holmes Fev are still a very good side, Thackeray & Wildie aren't bad replacement's. 

My team today.

Guzdek

Potts

Glover

Hallett

Morton

Sykes

Brown

Sheriffe

Ward

Teanby

Walshaw

Trout

Crowther

Subs

Speakman

Reilly

Wakeman

Igbinedion

Rams 14

Fev 26

FTS Glover

Mom Ward

Att 1268

Good guess on the attendance Graham if nothing else. 

Archived