Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gerrumonside ref

FIFA World Cup 2018

One real goal, one play-acted penalty goal, two yellow cards... the problem with this game is that it is showing up some of the garbage served up in the cup before now.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

26 minutes ago, heartofGold said:

Diego Costa you filthy ba$*@rd I miss you ?

The sort of player you hate on the opposition but is a home fans favourite.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Jammy sod...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Little bit of upper body contact and he’s throwing himself in the air thinking this is a nice position ... great strike after that . Nearest thing to a one man team since maradona

Edited by DavidM

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Well, I enjoyed it! I thought it was a great game! ? 

It was exactly what the tournament needed, after some underwhelming opening matches. That plus Leeds v St Helens made for a good night in.

• Like 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Little bit of upper body contact and he’s throwing himself in the air thinking this is a nice position ... great strike after that . Nearest thing to a one man team since maradona

It is a good point you make. I think they are and they aren't.

Obviously they are because he makes such a difference. However they still won the Euro final in 2016 after he was injured early as opposed to say Liverpool who capitulated without Salah. 

A good all round team with an exceptional captain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Nearest thing to a one man team since maradona

A mate of mine has been saying he’s ‘gary goners’ for the past two years... ???

12 minutes ago, Niels said:

It is a good point you make. I think they are and they aren't.

Obviously they are because he makes such a difference. However they still won the Euro final in 2016 after he was injured early as opposed to say Liverpool who capitulated without Salah. 

A good all round team with an exceptional captain.

You mean Liverpool’s goalkeeper capitulated.

For all the snide diving and conning, Cristiano Ronaldo is a phenomenal talent, and whenever you ask people who have worked with him, they always say he's the total professional and a workaholic with attention to every detail.

Some people with great natural talent and flair just get by on their gifts; he does everything he can to improve himself still further.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

For all the snide diving and conning, Cristiano Ronaldo is a phenomenal talent, and whenever you ask people who have worked with him, they always say he's the total professional and a workaholic with attention to every detail.

Some people with great natural talent and flair just get by on their gifts; he does everything he can to improve himself still further.

He certainly seems to have done all he can to avoid paying tax, but it looks like the Spanish authorities have just put an 18.8m euro hole in that plan - ouch.

Edited by Just Browny
  • Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

20 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

He certainly seems to have done all he can to avoid paying tax, but it looks like the Spanish authorities have just put an 18.8m euro hole in that plan - ouch.

Could be a jail sentence too.

8 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Could be a jail sentence too.

Suspended. So as long as he doesn't score against spain in the final...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

You mean Liverpool’s goalkeeper capitulated.

That's the point I was making really - to win a major tournament with one exceptional player the other players need to be of a good standard with no weak link. 

I can't resist it - I thought the Liverpool ethos was You'll never walk alone ☺

Edited by Niels

How does that look when these guys who get paid an absolute fortune a week don’t pay what they should . How much do you want !

2 hours ago, Niels said:

That's the point I was making really - to win a major tournament with one exceptional player the other players need to be of a good standard with no weak link. 

I can't resist it - I thought the Liverpool ethos was You'll never walk alone ☺

The exception that proves the rule! ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

The stadiums look magnificent

Yet unacceptably empty IMO. 

I'm still extremely bitter that Russia was chosen over England, a tournament where you'd have been lucky to get a ticket to any match.