Duffy at yesterday's Wakefield-Wigan match

hrtbps

he were same at dews moor and batley boys years ago, never got fired up enough for me,looked the part but needed lillycrops heart and he would a been one hell of a player for us,did a couple a decent runs then dropped ball 3 times in key areas a game.jumpleads req.

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/29/2018 at 9:58 PM, Gareth hock said:

Watched your lot again tonight and again keegan Hirst is gash maybe if he had a heart it would help. If he ran as hard as Chris annakin he would be a world beater .

but don’t let bias get in the way will you .

Well perhaps we are better judges of a player than you, too many years in the lower division for you lot (only joking). Ee will have to beg to differ but I'm happy to keep Hirst another year.

On 6/29/2018 at 10:43 PM, Gareth hock said:

I have thought that a few times why a big team haven’t come in for Fifita . Maybe he’s just happy at wakey who knows 

I know it's hard to accept but Wakefield are a big team now. It's not just about money it's about security and by that I don't just mean a wage. Wakefield offer genuine top 8 rugby, a gateway to international honours, a great team environment, an honest Chairman, a team that after three seasons of building bristles with quality.

Fifita is just one of a number of genuine top players at the club now. Tom Johnstone, top line breaker, try scoring wizard with an average of a try a game who is then closely followed by BJB. Bill Tupou, top metre maker in SL, Reece Lyne, now in the Knights set up, ditto Jowitt and the best of the lot IMO James Batchelor joining them. Unsung players like Ashurst, Horo and Wood to name a few. Players like Miller who'd walk into most SL set ups and last but not least young Hampshire who is finally finding his feet as a H/B and living up to his potential -  if we keep him he will be a future international imho.

Like it or not we are an attractive proposition now and yes even I struggle with that concept at times but we are.

Finally we have finished above Leeds twice in the last three years who whilst somehow managing to sandwich a title in between have been in the middle 8's twice so they are not that attractive.

I honestly don't know how we do it but we are getting these players to sign long term deals on sensible money. This means we are always building but at a rate we can sustain. Of course sport is a funny old game and things can turn to dust very quickly but as it stands at this moment we are the 6th best club in SL and bigger (on he field at least) than Leeds. Sorry.

How many SL titles, Challenge cups, World titles have Wakefield won compared to Leeds? None, Wakefield will never be any where as good as Leeds despite coming in bottom four twice. 

7 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Bloody hell.... in the last 50 years how does fev v wakey compare in major honors? 

Big club my botty..... 

They live in a bubble dont even have any training facilities have to use ours, ground thats derelict. Take the sky money away and were twice as big as Wakey

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Bloody hell.... in the last 50 years how does fev v wakey compare in major honors? 

Big club my botty..... 

We’ve not won a major honour in over 50 years when we were a big club, now we’re a medium club with the potential to be a bigger club. He must be winding you up saying we’re a big club you won’t find many Wakefield saying we’re a big club most of us are happy competing for top 8 with hope stadium situation can be resolved ASAP.

Up the Trin 

4 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

We’ve not won a major honour in over 50 years when we were a big club, now we’re a medium club with the potential to be a bigger club. 

Up the Trin 

No.... you're a small club punching above its weight these last couple of seasons..... nowt more than that. I can understand your elation and giddiness.... but take a perspective pill....

It'll take more than a couple of seasons finishing 5th-8th to elevate your club to "medium size" status???

At least you made me chuckle cocker??

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

No.... you're a small club punching above its weight these last couple of seasons..... nowt more than that. I can understand your elation and giddiness.... but take a perspective pill....

It'll take more than a couple of seasons finishing 5th-8th to elevate your club to "medium size" status???

Well I’m happy to support a small club punching above its weight, with the potential to be a bigger club. 

Up the Trin 

16 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Out of interest..... how is the new ground coming on?

That’s what’s holding us back mate, all sorts of rumours about things happening.  Henry Boot have just taken over Newmarket where planning was only given if stadium was built.  New planning has been put in which should be decided soon.  Reason it’s delayed is 106 agreement for stadium still stands that a community stadium for the City of Wakefield will be provided by developers in return of green belt land getting developed.  With Sir Rodney Walker and a developer making millions. Along with our wonderful council leader being in charge  god only knows what will happen.  The owner of Belle Vue is still tweeting the community stadium will be at Belle Vue but something’s got to happen soon.

Up the Trin  

On 7/25/2018 at 8:28 PM, Robin Evans said:

Taking a larger perspective pill every single RL club is actually small. Barnsley FC would laugh at our attendances.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

If Wakey are a small club it pretty much makes teams in our league insignificant. Hang on, isn't that how we are thought of by the people running the game anyway?

Rugby league is a relatively insignificant sport regardless.

Some of the SL chairmen would cast adrift those not in SL....

The games on its ar se.

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2018 at 8:28 PM, Robin Evans said:

You're sounding sillier by the moment. You can't even field a full team. We'vr jusy smashed Hudds in our third top eight run in the last three seasons. Yeah mate we are such a small club?????

I know what fev are. I am under no illusions. I'm not deluded.

trinity have indeed punched above their weight for a couple of seasons.

despite all the millions from sky....

they play in a dilapidated stadium that is crumbling around them whilst the "New stadium" remains a drawing on paper.

a club who used Fev's facilities to train ffs. 

and a club who's last serious silverware was before even fev last won owt?

oh aye.... a huge club?????

7 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You're sounding sillier by the moment. You can't even field a full team. We'vr jusy smashed Hudds in our third top eight run in the last three seasons. Yeah mate we are such a small club?????

were do you train mister and why????? big club dont make me laugh,

7 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

that chant of yours gets me every time "Wakefield, wakefield, wakefield, wakefield, " sorry forgot the rest 

3 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Unbelievable, wakies had millions of pounds of sky money, there grounds falling apart barely fit for purpose, theyve got no training facilities, so use little old fevs, who get a fraction of there funding, but miles better ground and facilities, that theyve developed themselves.yet wakie fans bragging about there mid table team?.

the irony in all this is Fev won the grand final but couldnt go up due to licencing and that was to enable super league clubs to develop business / infrastructure yet wakey in those years did nothing yet fev did and now they have to train at ours because they dont have any, its a joke

4 minutes ago, gingdong said:

the irony in all this is Fev won the grand final but couldnt go up due to licencing and that was to enable super league clubs to develop business / infrastructure yet wakey in those years did nothing yet fev did and now they have to train at ours because they dont have any, its a joke

They all live in cuckoo land mate, non of them got any decent debate on the matters, its a matter of were all right jack while were getting all are sky money. But it will all catch up with them eventually, signs of it already 

17 hours ago, gingdong said:

If you look at the Wakefield Metropolitan District Council coverage in square miles it is massive meaning for me the city of Wakefield should have a massive well attended Giant of a Club but what have they got; an embarrassment of a Ground , poor following even at showing decent form at the moment thats why when a young child has the choice of following a super League Team he chooses either Cas or Leeds as not to feel inferior to his mates at School by choosing Wakefield.

Archived