Footy Sweepstake - are you in?

Separate thread for the Sweepstake for FIFA 2018 World Cup (hope this is okay mods).

Keeping it seperate from the other football threads for ease of organisation.

Basically just let me know if you’re interested and we’ll take it from there.

We ideally need 32 entries, but we could do 16 x 2 teams each.

Count me in.

And if you need a nudge to make sure the right people get the right teams *wink* then ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Count me in.

The brown envelope is awaiting you in the usual location. :wink: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

If anyone is reading who normally organises these things on TRL and would like to organise again feel free to shout up!

I could probably do a randomised matching of teams with sweepstake competitors in Excel. It'll be good practice for me, anyway.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I could probably do a randomised matching of teams with sweepstake competitors in Excel. It'll be good practice for me, anyway.

Just figured out the randomisation method.

Now, all we need are competitors. If we don't get 32 TRL members taking part, any member knocked out can be randomly assigned a surviving team.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

How do you play

Put your name forward, and you will be randomly matched with one of the 32 countries in the World Cup. See whose team wins in the final. That simple.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hopefully we'll be up to 32 over the weekend. I'll do a sophisticated live bribe-free draw on my phone, and away we go.

Webby'll be along shortly to offer the customary amazing prize of a TRL tea-mug......

Or maybe just "kudos".

Just seen Futtocks' post. Happy to hand over the draw (in exchange for getting Spain).

Okay, that's ten names already - 22 to go (unless I've missed someone out).

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't like football and won't be watching any games, but I'm up for this.  Count me in please.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Archived