Home Gates & Remaing matches

Michael Ashton

It was in the press recently that Barrow need gates of at least 1200 for every home game. I calculate that after 10 home games this season the average is 1239. If it could be pushed higher than this it is certainly in the right direction.

Remaining games in the first half of the season are Featherstone (A), Toronto (A), Halifax (H). Dewsbury (A), Toulouse (H), Sheffield (A). and  Broncos(H). 

Halifax will probably bring a few and I have bought my train tickets so thats an extra 1.

Unfortunately neither London nor Toulouse will bring many so it will be down to the locals to come out in numbers.

Perhaps the club should consider a marketing push targeting those games.  Bouncy castle, face painting and tag rugby for schools. Ask each school to provide a volunteer teacher who is prepared to go in the stocks and have  wet sponges thrown at him/her. Push for kids free and parents to pay? 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

IF the fixtures for the Championship Shield follow last year this will be who plays who, taking 1st as the team that finished 5th in the regular season etc.

Home Away
1st 6,5,3,2 8,7,4
2nd 7,6,4,3 8,5,1
3rd 8,7,5,4 6,2,1
4th 1,8,6,5 7,3,2
5th 2,7,6 8,4,3,1
6th 3,1,8 5,4,2,1
7th 4,1,8 6,5,3,2
8th 5,2,1 7,6,4,3

Finishing 4th based on current league positions would give us London, Rochdale, Sheffield, Dewsbury at home and Swinton, Batley, Leigh away.

Swapping positions with Dewsbury and finishing 5th would give us Leigh, Swinton, Sheffield at home and Rochdale, Dewsbury, Batley, London way.

I just hope Toulouse and Toronto get promoted to SL this season as they bring nothing to clubs in this division except expenses which most clubs can't afford.

23 hours ago, Michael Ashton said:

It was in the press recently that Barrow need gates of at least 1200 for every home game. I calculate that after 10 home games this season the average is 1239. If it could be pushed higher than this it is certainly in the right direction.

Remaining games in the first half of the season are Featherstone (A), Toronto (A), Halifax (H). Dewsbury (A), Toulouse (H), Sheffield (A). and  Broncos(H). 

You are right Michael. We are going in the right direction. But let's have a look. Halifax will bring good support. That's good and how it used to be. Toulouse will bring nobody. Broncos will bring nobody. Yet, the last two clubs are the one's being supported by the RL in their vision of expansion. I'm not against expansion, but at the end of the day, if the RL kill us, who are these new clubs going to play against? I'm not despondent, I just want to know what direction the RL is taking us? 

Archived