Gammon  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What goes with it?

• Egg
    • Pineapple

Let nobody say that TRL isn't prepared to face up to the hardest questions of the day.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Egg (on the face ? )

Actually you are missing my wife's preferred option of "both"

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Brexit, Trump, Putin and Farage.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

25 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Definitely pineapple ring

You ARE Billy McGinty! I knew it!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Gammon and pineapple, ham and egg. Don't ask me why, but that's just the correct answer. 

I see your thinking. Would definitely never be ham and pineapple unless you're talking about those foul foul pizzas.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

43 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Actually you are missing my wife's preferred option of "both"

*resists urge to say tim2's wife swings both ways*

1 hour ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Isn't it essentially thick bacon? Would you have bacon and pineapple? Bacon and egg on toast or bacon and pineapple on toast? 

This

A hundred times This

10 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I think the refreshing flavour of pineapple compliments the saltiness of the gammon better than the egg.

Cranberry sauce with turkey, apple sauce with pork, duck l’orange etc etc

Fruit with meat definitely has its place.

I blame Delia Smith. I spent my entire youth without cranberry sauce ever even being mentioned as part of Christmas dinner. Suddenly it was everywhere. I tried it once, out of a mixture of curiosity and politeness, and now I never have to have it again.

Sometimes, fruit works with meat. Gammon and pineapple is not one of those times. Other opinions are available, but utterly wrong. :biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Isn't it essentially thick bacon? Would you have bacon and pineapple? Bacon and egg on toast or bacon and pineapple on toast? 

Behave!  Next you'll be saying ham and pinapple pizza isn't a winning combination!

deffo both, and a pork chop would be rubbish without apple sauce, also lamb tikka with mango works a treat for me. but i get in bother when the cheese on toast comes to the table with marmalade on(try it its yummy):popcorn:

Archived