This week's round betting.

I am sure a lot of people on here enjoy a bet not much is said about it. I would like to start a thread on what a think are great bets for this week and why.

Widnes to beat Salford 17/10 seems a big price in a 50 50 game Salford very poor form Widnes played well against Catalan for 60 minutes. Both teams shot with injuries Widnes just got a few back.

Saints -8 to beat Leeds I think they can win by 20+ it will be tough for 30 minutes then the speed and form will show no injuries for saints to worry about a top bet.

I am only tipping these 2 as they really stand out. People's thoughts?.......

Cats +6 at Huddersfield looks value given their form, 5 of 6 wins in SL, only loss at Saints. 

They also won there quite comfortably in the Cup just 2 weeks ago.

Am surprised they aren't favourites TBH. I know Giants won last week, but Leeds are hardly red hot atm.

If Leeds v Saints goes to recent form Leeds will get absolutely flattened. -8 looks like a steal on the face of it.

And as you said thats a big price for Widnes. I have that down as a coin flip. Although Salford werent as terrible as the score line suggested against Hull. We scored 2 interceptions and a couple of other tries from nothing. Salford competed ok for long spells.

I was convinced Wire -17.5 at 9/4 was great value so don't go mad ;)

But this week I will probably lose some money on:

Wire -4

St Helens-8

Nice looking double to me.

Also wouldn't mind a glance at the Hudds/Cat squads, could be some value Cats imo.

Great thread. I love a good offer, RL or not.

One for next year is the NHL finals live betting options. The odds seem to seriously fluctuate even when one team goes ahead by only one goal. So the bet below was made in the Stanley Cup.

4.7 - 1 for Washington (they were down 3-2 halfway through the game, but leading the series 3-1, so had a comeback in them).

15 - 20 minutes later which included two Washington goals, they were now leading 4-3 and Vegas odds were out to 6.5 - 1. Perfect cover bet.

For a sport where one goal can change everything, I wish I cottoned onto it much earlier in the playoffs.

E35D42D2-5F45-403F-BD8F-F6E36F11FA30.jpeg

Not sure what odds are offered for NRL in UK, but the following three bets looked ok to me...

Raiders paying 2.25 for a win over a declining Tigers. Raiders are a better team than the tigers IMO.

Manly at 3.25 is the exact kind of game I expect them to turnaround on. They have the players and the Dragons are looking a little timid these past few weeks...

Latrel Mitchell for centre of the year at 21... well, I’m not sure if I need to say anything here.

2441102B-E7C9-4397-B473-05DE0D2D4C88.jpeg

On 6/12/2018 at 4:45 PM, Rodill Rover said:

Brazil/Neymar double 25/1

Brazil will be looking to make good their last appearance.

Was that for game 1 or winner and G Boot? 

Interestingly, my betting app won’t accept win and goal scorer as a double for their game. Pretty weird. 

On 6/11/2018 at 10:53 PM, Gerrumonside ref said:

Widnes (+6) to beat Salford 10/11

Saints (-8) to beat Leeds 5/6

Hull (-6) to beat Wigan 10/11

Wakefield (+4) to beat Warrington 10/11

Cheeky £5 on an accumulator that returns £63

I'd go for:

Salford - 6 @ EVS

Saints - 10 @ EVS

Hull -6 @ 10/11

Wire - 6 @ 10/11

£5 on that returns £79

4 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Was that for game 1 or winner and G Boot? 

Interestingly, my betting app won’t accept win and goal scorer as a double for their game. Pretty weird. 

It was Winner and Top goal scorer.

This was on William Hill 10 minutes before I posted it, if I put the 2 together it was not accepted, this was a little disappointing until I spotted it further down the page as a double. Now at 20/1.

image.thumb.png.fe263db7d9ee6a780c0b7e9967f3276b.png

2 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Like the Hull and Saints double on the handicaps.....anyone into racing could do worse than have a couple of quid on The Tin Man next Saturday in the Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot it`s an each way steal at10-1 . 

Won a few quid on the Tin Man over the years.  Will certainly be having a look at the card with interest.

You wont get odds on the Championship till very late but both Leigh and Fax will be tired after last weeks game so I would be backing Toulouse and Swinton to both beat their handicaps. Im expecting a decent Toulouse win and a very close game between Swinton and Fax.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:01 PM, dixiedean said:

Cats +6 at Huddersfield looks value given their form, 5 of 6 wins in SL, only loss at Saints. 

They also won there quite comfortably in the Cup just 2 weeks ago.

Am surprised they aren't favourites TBH. I know Giants won last week, but Leeds are hardly red hot atm.

Update to that. Catalans now as long as 15/8 (win) and drifting....seems strange to me... and very good value.

1 hour ago, dixiedean said:

Update to that. Catalans now as long as 15/8 (win) and drifting....seems strange to me... and very good value.

I'd assumed Ian Thornley had been named in the squad when I saw the drift but apparently not.  Maria and Yaha out but that's not major shakes.

Hudds still with a couple of notable absentees in Brough and Taai.

Tend to agree 15/8 looks a very nice bet.

3 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Like the Hull and Saints double on the handicaps.....anyone into racing could do worse than have a couple of quid on The Tin Man next Saturday in the Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot it`s an each way steal at10-1 . 

Some nice types currently in the betting for the Jubilee.   Not confident the Tin Man will be good enough to win if the market principles turn up.  Definitely decent place chances though and the 10/1 will be long gone if 1 or 2 of the market principles are withdrawn. 

That’s what I thought with my choice of Cats paying $2.75. I was starting to get concerned there was some big news I wasn’t aware of.

3 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

That’s what I thought with my choice of Cats paying $2.75. I was starting to get concerned there was some big news I wasn’t aware of.

Can only assume it is people reacting to the Hudds win at Leeds last week, (disregarding that was in no way the Leeds GF winners) and the general belief that Cats don't travel well.

I notice Hudds are now 2/7 (-6) ...in what Universe??? 

Value all one way imho.

Can only assume it is people reacting to the Hudds win at Leeds last week, (disregarding that was in no way the Leeds GF winners) and the general belief that Cats don't travel well.

I notice Hudds are now 2/7 (-6) ...in what Universe??? 

Value all one way imho.

Fingers crossed the result agrees

On 6/11/2018 at 11:23 PM, MZH said:

If Leeds v Saints goes to recent form Leeds will get absolutely flattened. -8 looks like a steal on the face of it.

And as you said thats a big price for Widnes. I have that down as a coin flip. Although Salford werent as terrible as the score line suggested against Hull. We scored 2 interceptions and a couple of other tries from nothing. Salford competed ok for long spells.

Don't know where the bookies get odds like -8. Do they know something that we don't ? Think -20 is more realistic.

Archived