Toronto away

Blind side johnny

Looks like we are in for a right pasting then. I wish the players all the best as they'll need all the luck there is, plus referee decisions going our way and hope those supporters of ours attending enjoy their short holiday, if not the game.

Toronto 58-8 Dewsbury 

FTS: Crowther 

MoM: Morton (for his defence!)

Att: 7606

Legs, Dews, Legs.

56 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Looks like we are in for a right pasting then. I wish the players all the best as they'll need all the luck there is, plus referee decisions going our way and hope those supporters of ours attending enjoy their short holiday, if not the game.

Toronto 58-8 Dewsbury 

FTS: Crowther 

MoM: Morton (for his defence!)

Att: 7606

Crown Flatter is 58-8 the halftime prediction ?

While I'm still predicting a WP win I remember York CK came over and scored 2 tries before we woke up...played like demons..I expect nothing less from the good lads from Dewsbury..remember "if it isn't Yorkshire it's cr@@"     enjoy the game and your time in Toronto..!

Didn't see first half, but thought 2nd half, the 16 you had were a credit to your club. Worked hard, defended, and never let their heads go down. Dominated for spells too.

Would have been easy, given the heat, travel, lack of bodies, and h-t score to have thrown the towel in.

Nobody did.

Every respect.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:24 AM, graham fisher said:

Crown Flatter is 58-8 the halftime prediction ?

On 6/15/2018 at 3:47 PM, Crown Flatter said:

I was wearing my optimistic head at the time Graham. 

Just woke up after getting home very late last night from the game after the long drive North.   Was happy to finally see the Rams in action ...your fans were having fun in the local watering holes before the game and were very well behaved and a credit to your Club....like your club colours and wish your team would have been wearing the yellow of Dewsbury though!

You played your best and had some nice trys...good all around effort but you seemed to lack that little flair or that forward who could drive it over the line....generally very sound in all facets of the game although I don't know why you continually kicked to Stanley after he was eating you up every time....can't get my head around that one.

I enjoyed the game and it was nice to finally see 'The Blindsiders Boys' in action. 

On 6/17/2018 at 2:29 PM, silcoates said:

I bet our accountant has got white hair "YOU SPENT WHAT"?

We have an accountant - why haven't we been told?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Lupset Ram said:

Is there anybody out there who went to the game, or who saw it on the telly? just to give some sort of idea about it.

What do you want to know they got massacred ,isn't that enough.

There isn't enough money at our level to be playing clubs from overseas.

Put them in super league if that's what they want.

As i've said before,things have to change clubs like Dewsbury are heading for mergers, total amateurism or oblivion.

Shame we can't do a serious deal with Wakefield.

2 hours ago, silcoates said:

What do you want to know they got massacred ,isn't that enough.

There isn't enough money at our level to be playing clubs from overseas.

Put them in super league if that's what they want.

As i've said before,things have to change clubs like Dewsbury are heading for mergers, total amateurism or oblivion.

Shame we can't do a serious deal with Wakefield.

What sort of deal would you like us to do with Wakefield?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

A load of old cobblers from start to finish. If they want to develop the game over there, let them get organised in Canada, as we did many years ago in Huddersfield.  They will possibly provide an outlet for the antipodeans because they certainly do not contribute to our grassroots.

They might if they were to increase the profile of the game in general , bring more people into the game.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

6 hours ago, saddleworth said:

A load of old cobblers from start to finish. If they want to develop the game over there, let them get organised in Canada, as we did many years ago in Huddersfield.  They will possibly provide an outlet for the antipodeans because they certainly do not contribute to our grassroots.

It is worth understanding that, contrary to the popular myth, the creation of the Northern Union was a defence against the increasing popularity of soccer. That battle has not yet been won, nor will any attempt to restrict the sport to some sort of superstitious hinterland succeed.

The same sentiments were voiced against France, London, Cumberland, even Featherstone if you go back far enough. Were they right then?

21 hours ago, Lupset Ram said:

Is there anybody out there who went to the game, or who saw it on the telly? just to give some sort of idea about it.

I'm sure those that went had a great time - how can you not on holiday? I considered it but instead of near £1,000 for a long weekend I paid £10 to watch on internet. Given the score & game quality I"m not sure £10 was good value. The stadium looked good, even if the crowd was smalli(ish) compared to Toronto's recent numbers. Rams tried and gave a decent showing for the first 25mins of the 2nd half, but lacked the skill & muscle to make a real impression (- ironic as commentary stated "the Dewsbury side is known for its size!" - Commentary was so bad it made me appreciate Sky). Ultimately the game was a miss-match and Rams got swatted aside whenever Toronto wanted to go up a gear or 2. I have no problem with investment in the game and Toronto - but the sooner Toronto is in Super League the better. 

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

What sort of deal would you like us to do with Wakefield?

Well  a permanent move to share the ground and costs but separate clubs.

I've no idea what's happening at Wakey, are they going to redevelop Belle Vue or a new ground .

Wouldn't it be great to see our place packed out now and again.

Sorry for   up settiing lr i'm sure the players gave their all.

May be we can carry on as we are; I don't know i don't pay the bills.

3 hours ago, XIII Ram said:

I'm sure those that went had a great time - how can you not on holiday? I considered it but instead of near £1,000 for a long weekend I paid £10 to watch on internet. Given the score & game quality I"m not sure £10 was good value. The stadium looked good, even if the crowd was smalli(ish) compared to Toronto's recent numbers. Rams tried and gave a decent showing for the first 25mins of the 2nd half, but lacked the skill & muscle to make a real impression (- ironic as commentary stated "the Dewsbury side is known for its size!" - Commentary was so bad it made me appreciate Sky). Ultimately the game was a miss-match and Rams got swatted aside whenever Toronto wanted to go up a gear or 2. I have no problem with investment in the game and Toronto - but the sooner Toronto is in Super League the better. 

Given the heat and the speed of Toronto, I thought we played well, but only in patches. I thought Dom Speakman had another good game.

As I watched on 'FreeSports' on Sunday morning I noticed how Leigh-like the Wolfpack still performs, with the little niggly play and anything to slow down the opposition; so much so that we thrashed them in the penalty count 11-2.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Given the heat and the speed of Toronto, I thought we played well, but only in patches. I thought Dom Speakman had another good game.

As I watched on 'FreeSports' on Sunday morning I noticed how Leigh-like the Wolfpack still performs, with the little niggly play and anything to slow down the opposition; so much so that we thrashed them in the penalty count 11-2.

The boy Trout done good too - his size stood him in good stead. Maybe we should tell him he's on telly every match.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It is worth understanding that, contrary to the popular myth, the creation of the Northern Union was a defence against the increasing popularity of soccer. That battle has not yet been won, nor will any attempt to restrict the sport to some sort of superstitious hinterland succeed.

The same sentiments were voiced against France, London, Cumberland, even Featherstone if you go back far enough. Were they right then?

Maybe Featherstone was a step too far?? ?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Archived