James Newton

Brookie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

They want to takeover the club more or less debt free as most would want to  when investing into something they will pay 33k off then start pumping money into the club from next season 

Pumping money into the club? Ok marra.

17 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

You basically donate your money you don’t invest in any sports club. Haven don’t own the ground so have no assets. I can understand daft fans throwing money in to be board members but not people from away who have no links 

MODERATOR:What has happened to the James newton topic,We seem to have gone a bit astray onto the haven club and their money worries again,one poster thinks it is topical,so over to you fella's. 

Something doesn't sit right with all this, spoke to a individual who has been involved with Haven for a long time yesterday, and he says that a lot of cloak and dagger stuff is going on with a couple of Haven BOD at present.  

(Watch this space) 

I do think it’s topical. It’s about a club (doesn’t have to be haven) having money worries and nearly folding. Surely we can discuss it? 

if we can’t discuss it it’s not worth having a forum . It’s not Russia 

the original topic was a question about a player form egremont who happens to have the same name as one of our players so it was hardly common sensical. 

3 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

I do think it’s topical. It’s about a club (doesn’t have to be haven) having money worries and nearly folding. Surely we can discuss it? 

the original topic was a question about a player form egremont who happens to have the same name as one of our players so it was hardly common sensical. 

But a new topic could of been started called Haven money troubles. I agree with silver fox... This topic was about a town player. 

6 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

MODERATOR:No one is stopping you discussing about haven's or anyone elses problems,It has come under the James newton topic,so,Start a new topic about how you feel but not under the James newton one please..

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

They want to takeover the club more or less debt free as most would want to  when investing into something they will pay 33k off then start pumping money into the club from next season 

Pumping money in...... you make me laugh 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

To be fair, there isn’t anything to talk about James newton as he isn’t playing for anyone other than town. So that’s dead in the water. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

5 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Also them poor fellas in west Wales didn't get a super league winner playing for free when they were getting tonked and had 14 men, spare a thought.

Very true they all want to help the sport expand and progress.... when it suits 

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Something doesn't sit right with all this, spoke to a individual who has been involved with Haven for a long time yesterday, and he says that a lot of cloak and dagger stuff is going on with a couple of Haven BOD at present.  

(Watch this space) 

The whole things a farce and bordering on fraud and people are falling for it.

Even Just Giving believe they had a funding cut and lost a major sponsor overnight when the whole of West Cumbria knew 12 months ago.

Nobody has played for Town for nowt (or very few) so an ex super league player wouldn’t. Nor Brett Phillips who has no affiliation with the club other than his brother playing there. Therefore any signing is likely to get cash in hand to a) Keep up the charade and play the sympathy card, and b) prevent the RFL kicking the transfer out.

Anyone who believes anything else must be a raving lunatic

Next thing you know Doncaster will be falling for it and sending the subsidised buses to Whitehaven for that fixture rather than the Town match on Sunday. 

I honestly can’t believe how so many people can fall for something so transparent.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when they lodge their financials. I’ve purposely donated a small sum so I can ensure holy hell breaks loose when things don’t stack up. At which point I’ll be contacting just giving for my money back.

5 hours ago, wonky said:

I’m wondering which local lads will be dropped for haven with Paul wood supposably playing for free. Rumours are brett Phillips is going to do the same as well

Probably the one whos most banged up and needs a break,can’t recall you being so concerned about locals when Larne Patrick makes an appearance every few weeks.

9 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Even Just Giving believe they had a funding cut and lost a major sponsor overnight when the whole of West Cumbria knew 12 months ago.

Nobody has played for Town for nowt (or very few) so an ex super league player wouldn’t. Nor Brett Phillips who has no affiliation with the club other than his brother playing there. Therefore any signing is likely to get cash in hand to a) Keep up the charade and play the sympathy card, and b) prevent the RFL kicking the transfer out.

Next thing you know Doncaster will be falling for it and sending the subsidised buses to Whitehaven for that fixture rather than the Town match on Sunday. 

I honestly can’t believe how so many people can fall for something so transparent.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when they lodge their financials. I’ve purposely donated a small sum so I can ensure holy hell breaks loose when things don’t stack up. At which point I’ll be contacting just giving for my money back.

So has nobody played or is it very few? Make your mind up it’s one or the other. 

Again you make statements about Haven and players receiving cash in hand etc without any evidence whatsoever. You have posted more in the last few days than you usually do and guess what every topic has been about? Yes Havens finances. Some of the allegations you have made over recent weeks have been libellous.

10 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Geordie you are so bitter it is unbelievable and making some strong allegations. i find it quite pathetic that you would donate money to just giving with the sole intention of claiming it back, why go to all that effort for something that doesnt affect you. one very sad individual 

10 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

You believe what you like pal 

Sure he will believe what he likes... but take a look at the consortium members businesses on companies house.... doesn’t take much to realise they don’t even have the money to “pump in”.

Archived