15 Jun: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Catalans Dragons KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Catalans Dragons
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/06/18 at 18:45

22 minutes ago, Arthur Crown said:

be about 3000 people watchnig 2 ###### teams and a tin can getting banged this kind of game ia whats wrong with super league

Will be at least double that in attendance, possibly pushing 8,000 - 8,500.

Hewer is ref again (which is just the RFL extracting the urine) so expect Catalans to continue their sh#$thouse tactics, but no VR so the game won't have 20 mins on injury time while Gigot tries to milk a penalty.

Not a cup game so will have a better crowd, alas a big push for people to attend will likely see the Giants put in another awful performance as we always do in these cases.

This is a massive game in the context of the super 8s I think, whoever wins can probably count themselves safe in the top 8, if Catalans win this and next week I can see Leeds being sucked into the middle 8

Giants are also in good form and have a good spine and good backline.

Catalans have a big pack though and bullied our lightweight back row last time, aided by a very weak ref. Who had been given this game as well.

41 minutes ago, Arthur Crown said:

be about 3000 people watchnig 2 ###### teams and a tin can getting banged this kind of game ia whats wrong with super league

That's the spirit! ?

33 minutes ago, Ant said:

Giants are also in good form and have a good spine and good backline.

Catalans have a big pack though and bullied our lightweight back row last time, aided by a very weak ref. Who had been given this game as well.

Theres more to the game than the Ref.

A result for the Giants will mean a little daylight above the chasing teams.  A loss will be an issue.  Could be a defining game for both Teams.

Giants welcome back Ferguson & Roberts in to the forwards.  Apart from Ta'ai I would say that we are at full strength in forwards and just down Brough in the backs.

Can't see us being bullied again by Catalan.  Giants by 12pts plus.

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Yes.  I think free tickets are being offered as an incentive.  Not sure of the exact T&Cs though.

All tickets bought online before 12pm on Friday are free, but after that it is £10.

Last I had seen, free ticket applications had pushed 3,500.

Now just short of 4,000.

Well i feel optimistic about this one, we have a half decent record against the Dragons overall. They are hitting some form i know but they didn't show that much in the cup game, just a lot of messing about and play acting, On top of that there will be no Brough for Hewer to send off and we have some players back, last time Russel played he had a very good game, If our forwards can front up to them we stand a good chance.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

6 hours ago, Arthur Crown said:

First post and it's about crowds, how sad, did you see how many Leeds fans turned up last week? how about criticise Leeds?

FWIW, there's over 4,000 free tickets gone, so we are looking at least 7500, unless hundreds decide they aren't coming after all.

As for the game, it can only be better than what we witnessed 2 weeks ago, hopefully, some rugby breaks out amongst all the playacting and French/Australian/English histrionics, Hopefully, they stick to their tactics from 2 weeks ago and we find some dynamism and blow them away!

However, realistically another slugfest probably

1 hour ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

I'm happy with that.

There's the link:  http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/sea-eagles-veteran-akuila-uate-scores-three-year-deal-with-english-super-league/1o1yb5hkyplpd1v16pm30sl0ig

I couldn't find it before. I would have put this on the Hudds section but there were so many cobwebs there I was scared to click on it.

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

There's the link:  http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/sea-eagles-veteran-akuila-uate-scores-three-year-deal-with-english-super-league/1o1yb5hkyplpd1v16pm30sl0ig

I couldn't find it before. I would have put this on the Hudds section but there were so many cobwebs there I was scared to click on it.

Yeah it's a scary place to be, Thanks for the link

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Archived