Dewsbury Rams @den

ojx

Weather looks ok:

1732999600_ScreenShot2018-06-13at08_15_45.png.e4d10db66733627d7566cc01c01302f7.pngWill Quinn get a run out?

How will the crowd numbers be, up or down on last weekend?

Will Dewsbury bring many away fans?

Will the beer token line be reduced?

Will the cheerleaders have any coordination?

Will the hot dog cannon be unleashed?

Will the tackle count be on the scoreboard?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not coming, next game for me is Leigh.

I'll keep an eye on Stadium d'Albi in the morning because if Leigh beat Toulouse, at +7pts on the ladder, the title is almost guaranteed, ideal to rest more players before the Qualifiers and avoid injuries.

Crowd? Slightly down, around 7000.

Beer token? I really hope they learn from the beer token stand mistake, that was a really bad decision.

Tackle count? Just look for the ref's raised arm on tackle 5. Or don't drink too much and use your fingers (that's what I did last weekend, I mean the finger thing, not the don't drink too much part...).

1 hour ago, ojx said:

Weather looks ok:

1732999600_ScreenShot2018-06-13at08_15_45.png.e4d10db66733627d7566cc01c01302f7.pngWill Quinn get a run out?

How will the crowd numbers be, up or down on last weekend?

Will Dewsbury bring many away fans?

Will the beer token line be reduced?

Will the cheerleaders have any coordination?

Will the hot dog cannon be unleashed?

Did you get the survey to fill out about the game last week from your email?

Will Quinn get a run out? Yes

How will the crowd numbers be, up or down on last weekend? +/-300 from last week

Will Dewsbury bring many away fans? no idea, i know one has said he's coming over. whoever comes I hope they have a wonderful time

Will the beer token line be reduced? Yes, they did a survey after the game about the game day experience...i was one of the 1st 50 to take it and now have 2 free tickets for a game...looking at you June 30th!!! i'm sure the lines have been mentioned repeatedly

Will the cheerleaders have any coordination? they weren't that bad where they? i was mostly concerned about their age but saw a few of them in the parking lot on my way out and feel ok thinking that some of them had fantastic legs and such

Will the hot dog cannon be unleashed? better be!!! i already asked on twitter

image.png.0e75dc70b40fe583c3bce86079665414.png

Will the tackle count be on the scoreboard? tons of people were asking about that at the game so i don't see why not as we had it last yer.

16 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Will Quinn get a run out? Yes

How will the crowd numbers be, up or down on last weekend? +/-300 from last week

Will Dewsbury bring many away fans? no idea, i know one has said he's coming over. whoever comes I hope they have a wonderful time

Will the beer token line be reduced? Yes, they did a survey after the game about the game day experience...i was one of the 1st 50 to take it and now have 2 free tickets for a game...looking at you June 30th!!! i'm sure the lines have been mentioned repeatedly

Will the cheerleaders have any coordination? they weren't that bad where they? i was mostly concerned about their age but saw a few of them in the parking lot on my way out and feel ok thinking that some of them had fantastic legs and such

Will the hot dog cannon be unleashed? better be!!! i already asked on twitter

image.png.0e75dc70b40fe583c3bce86079665414.png

Will the tackle count be on the scoreboard? tons of people were asking about that at the game so i don't see why not as we had it last yer.

I have demanded the return of the hot dog gun and put in a request for another SO WE CAN HAVE TWO (2) hotdog guns!  One on each side. 

Sadly I am unable to travel across the Atlantic and give spiritual succour to the Rams but I am sure you will give our fans who do make it from the heavy woollen district a great welcome and hopefully we will be at least competitive ( if only for 60 minutes at least!)

10 hours ago, ojx said:

I’ve never seen that here in Canberra for NRL games. 

Counting tackles in your head becomes second nature. Just watch out for the “6 more tackles” and “last tackle” hand signals.

I suppose a tackle count on the screen could be helpful for newbies though.

1 hour ago, Copa said:

I’ve never seen that here in Canberra for NRL games. 

Counting tackles in your head becomes second nature. Just watch out for the “6 more tackles” and “last tackle” hand signals.

I suppose a tackle count on the screen could be helpful for newbies though.

I'm with you, tackle count is not a must, never been to the ACT but I've seen it in Sydney though, maybe not all stadiums but at least Aviva and Campbelltown. For the UK I don't remember, I don't really use them anyway, didn't even noticed the count last year at Lamport to be honest.

2 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

Sadly I am unable to travel across the Atlantic and give spiritual succour to the Rams but I am sure you will give our fans who do make it from the heavy woollen district a great welcome and hopefully we will be at least competitive ( if only for 60 minutes at least!)

That's too bad Rev.  I was going to have been looking for a chap in a clerical collar.

5 hours ago, manu266 said:

I'm with you, tackle count is not a must, never been to the ACT but I've seen it in Sydney though, maybe not all stadiums but at least Aviva and Campbelltown. For the UK I don't remember, I don't really use them anyway, didn't even noticed the count last year at Lamport to be honest.

The only time I’ve seen a tackle count in the UK has been on the tele.

rldfsignature.jpg

Other than Reverend Ram, Copa, and deluded pom? the only posters on this thread would appear to be us Canucks.  I really really feel for some of our "supposed peer" opposition in the Championship.   Take Saturday's opposition....Dewsbury Rams as an example as compared to our TWP:-

Squad as per team websites...TWP - 26 players.    RAMS - 24 players.

Named by Coaches today...TWP - 19 players.    RAMS - 18 players.

Boarded a jetliner for 7 hour flight....TWP - 0 players.  RAMS - 16 players.

I recognize that we are in the "injuries taking their toll" part of the season but I believe Paul Rowley still has an abundance of OK players to name his 19 man squad.  I'm wondering if ALL of the 6 players not named today (24-18) by the RAMS are injured, or if some were not able to get travel clearance due to a "naughty" past history.  And then the two who were named but did not fly had "visa problems, refused boarding, told to try tomorrow"....this per the RAMS twitter account.  One was their Captain for ******* sakes!!!  So they've landed in Toronto with not even a full 17 man squad.  On RAMS twitter one fan put it this way - "Toronto only going to need one half of the scoreboard".  Yes...I know TWP are fully pro. and Dewsbury are semi pro. but they are still in the level above League 1.  I'm just shocked by the disparity between the teams.   Should I be?  Comments welcome, especially from d p?  Methinks unless TWP show some mercy on Saturday this could end up a cricket score for TWP.

7 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Other than Reverend Ram, Copa, and deluded pom? the only posters on this thread would appear to be us Canucks.  I really really feel for some of our "supposed peer" opposition in the Championship.   Take Saturday's opposition....Dewsbury Rams as an example as compared to our TWP:-

Squad as per team websites...TWP - 26 players.    RAMS - 24 players.

Named by Coaches today...TWP - 19 players.    RAMS - 18 players.

Boarded a jetliner for 7 hour flight....TWP - 0 players.  RAMS - 16 players.

I recognize that we are in the "injuries taking their toll" part of the season but I believe Paul Rowley still has an abundance of OK players to name his 19 man squad.  I'm wondering if ALL of the 6 players not named today (24-18) by the RAMS are injured, or if some were not able to get travel clearance due to a "naughty" past history.  And then the two who were named but did not fly had "visa problems, refused boarding, told to try tomorrow"....this per the RAMS twitter account.  One was their Captain for ******* sakes!!!  So they've landed in Toronto with not even a full 17 man squad.  On RAMS twitter one fan put it this way - "Toronto only going to need one half of the scoreboard".  Yes...I know TWP are fully pro. and Dewsbury are semi pro. but they are still in the level above League 1.  I'm just shocked by the disparity between the teams.   Should I be?  Comments welcome, especially from d p?  Methinks unless TWP show some mercy on Saturday this could end up a cricket score for TWP.

I agree this is sad, and I take no pleasure in it, but I don't think the WP should show any mercy, for a few reasons:

• If they take their foot off the gas, it may be difficult to get back to playing full speed again later
  • They might need the points. A few unexpected losses (maybe Leigh and Featherstone rise to the challenge, and Barrow steals another tie?), and the points differential could matter. They should play as if it will.

The real issue here is that when full-time teams spending at or near the salary cap play part-time teams with a much smaller budget, it's going to get ugly, especially when there are players who can't get admitted to Canada for a game. I'm in favour of separating full-time professional teams in a separate league from part-time semi-pro teams.

1 hour ago, John WP Fan said:

I agree this is sad, and I take no pleasure in it, but I don't think the WP should show any mercy, for a few reasons:

• If they take their foot off the gas, it may be difficult to get back to playing full speed again later
  • They might need the points. A few unexpected losses (maybe Leigh and Featherstone rise to the challenge, and Barrow steals another tie?), and the points differential could matter. They should play as if it will.

The real issue here is that when full-time teams spending at or near the salary cap play part-time teams with a much smaller budget, it's going to get ugly, especially when there are players who can't get admitted to Canada for a game. I'm in favour of separating full-time professional teams in a separate league from part-time semi-pro teams.

Firstly, don't ever take a victory for granted....Dewsbury would love to get our scalp or even a draw....they are in a real battle in the table.

Second,this is an opportunity for TWP to get better,  rest injured players, try new players....also try some plays so we are ready for them in later games  e.g drop goal.

Dewsbury are big boys and have to deal with their own internal problems....they are not our concern.   Games like this are a real opportunity to get an advantage for TWP...we must use this opportunity to improve as a team...a stepping stone if you will and we must remember to never become over confident.

2 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

I agree this is sad. I want teams to come to Toronto at full strength. I want the Wolfpack to be tested. I think I read somewhere that one of their players has to attend a wedding and was not making the trip. These things happen, but not being able to get into the country?? I raised this in another thread some time ago that it will be a problem if not planned well in advance and here it is again. How long has the fixture list been out and the dates of the trip to Toronto known? Shouldn't this have been sorted out weeks ago? This is not a go at Dewsbury in particular, we have seen this with other teams, but how long can it go on for? May be it is just that part-time semi-pro teams have small staff and resources, that they don't have the time or budget to sort this thing out in advance. May be it is the Canadian rules that don't make this easy. I don't know. Is there any way TWP can help these teams get through the paperwork? IF TWP make the SL, hopefully the issue will be addressed.

RANT OVER - Sorry about that.

I hope the fans, players and officials that do make the trip travel safely and have a great time in Toronto. Its going to be warm!!

There are one or two players that have travelled over that are losing money to do so,self employed etc but I suppose that's going to happen when we are part-time. They'll be a few more teams from now till end of season who'll be in the same boat. Anyway you can only play what's in front of you,all I can see is a record score against us, hope I'm wrong of course.

40 minutes ago, Medway Bear said:

I agree this is sad. I want teams to come to Toronto at full strength. I want the Wolfpack to be tested. I think I read somewhere that one of their players has to attend a wedding and was not making the trip. These things happen, but not being able to get into the country?? I raised this in another thread some time ago that it will be a problem if not planned well in advance and here it is again. How long has the fixture list been out and the dates of the trip to Toronto known? Shouldn't this have been sorted out weeks ago? This is not a go at Dewsbury in particular, we have seen this with other teams, but how long can it go on for? May be it is just that part-time semi-pro teams have small staff and resources, that they don't have the time or budget to sort this thing out in advance. May be it is the Canadian rules that don't make this easy. I don't know. Is there any way TWP can help these teams get through the paperwork? IF TWP make the SL, hopefully the issue will be addressed.

RANT OVER - Sorry about that.

I hope the fans, players and officials that do make the trip travel safely and have a great time in Toronto. Its going to be warm!!

I don't think the Canadian rules are to blame. I mean NHL/MLB/NBA (and their minor leagues) players are from all over the world, including countries whose citizens need visa to come to Canada even as tourists, but it's not an issue there except for last minute transfers, but as you said the Rams knew well ahead of time they were coming to Canada.

That's my job actually, I'm working in international mobility, and it's true it's hard to get your employees to warn you in advance that they might have an issue crossing the border. But with the new Canadian ETA system, it should be flagged well in advance, and even someone with a criminal record can be waived by the local consulate if the file is solid.

Also, with the brexit coming, a trip to France might be as controlled as a trip to Canada as soon as next season. So UK teams should better fix that thing now.

If I were Rowley I would certainly use some of the fringe players here to start with meat on the bench if only to test the complacency factor. Halifax came unstuck on that one and to be honest the possible lack of our captain means we are more likely to keep all our players on the pitch for 80 minutes (see my dissenters XIII thread for a clue). I do not fear a cricket score as I obviously have faith and you can at least guarantee we will never stop trying. Hopefully the players and fans will take in the whole experience, enjoy the undoubted hospitality of our Canadian friends and come home richer for the experience.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

There are one or two players that have travelled over that are losing money to do so,self employed etc but I suppose that's going to happen when we are part-time. They'll be a few more teams from now till end of season who'll be in the same boat. Anyway you can only play what's in front of you,all I can see is a record score against us, hope I'm wrong of course.

Don't get me wrong I do appreciate the sacrifices players make from part time teams to make the trip. They are the ones who do it for the love of the game rather than the money (although I'm sure they would take the cash if offered). If teams didn't make those sacrifices it would get really boring very quickly!! I hope they enjoy the trip and get to see at least a little of Toronto as part of their visit.

7 minutes ago, Medway Bear said:

Don't get me wrong I do appreciate the sacrifices players make from part time teams to make the trip. They are the ones who do it for the love of the game rather than the money (although I'm sure they would take the cash if offered). If teams didn't make those sacrifices it would get really boring very quickly!! I hope they enjoy the trip and get to see at least a little of Toronto as part of their visit.

They seem to be enjoying themselves if the photos on Facebook are anything to go by, some with your owner dancing on table's. 

You wouldn't get our chairman Mark Sawyer doing that.

1)he's not as flamboyant.

2) he'd probably break the table ??

5 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

They seem to be enjoying themselves if the photos on Facebook are anything to go by, some with your owner dancing on table's. 

Oh I'm sure Argyle has broken a table or two over the years...we have a GREAT OWNER!

34 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Graham, which Facebook page?   The Barmy Army one accessed via your club's official Facebook page, or another Facebook page.  I'd love to rib David about it tomorrow but I'd want to be sure of my facts.  Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Firstly, don't ever take a victory for granted....Dewsbury would love to get our scalp or even a draw....they are in a real battle in the table.

Second,this is an opportunity for TWP to get better,  rest injured players, try new players....also try some plays so we are ready for them in later games  e.g drop goal.

Dewsbury are big boys and have to deal with their own internal problems....they are not our concern.   Games like this are a real opportunity to get an advantage for TWP...we must use this opportunity to improve as a team...a stepping stone if you will and we must remember to never become over confident.

I agree with all of this too. I'm certainly not taking any games for granted (we learned that lesson last year). Using some of these games as preparation in terms of underused players and new plays makes good sense.

Archived