Jonty Gorley leaves

Haven 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn’t left, he’s been sacked! Olstrum and other players have went vocal on social media how wrong the decision is and how it’s a f*ucking joke...something doesn’t seem right. 

Jonty is a fantastic coach, knows the game well and is well respected among the player, hence why all the upsets. 

Sounds like team moral will be pretty low with such a huge game Sunday. Few have spoken out already at there displeasure. Sounds like it isn’t all sunny at Derwent Park at present 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

2 hours ago, Cl1998 said:

Something needs done ASAP! The club doesn't want to be going down the pan. Nobody is bigger than the club as someone has previously said. whatever happens it needs clearing up sooner rather than later

Let's not shoot the bullets before the gun is loaded,we all have a great deal of respect for Jonty and his coaching but, if you are the head coach you have to have a good reason why you let a man with Jontys experiences leave the club.I suspect that with Leon might feel it better to have people with more experience with Super league at the club than what Jonty cannot give him,but the truth will come out in the washing so just hold on people..

I have been talking to people today about this and he’s heard that Pryce sacked Jonty because he’s questioned him on a few occasions with regards to local players not getting a chance behind loan players. I hope the BOD aren’t being influenced by an outside source to who plays and who doesn’t 

The BOD should never have a say on whose picked as that makes a mockery of whom is accountable if team not performing. 

If you are suggesting that we must play Leigh players if they say so then I'd say your wide of the mark. We had 1 in against York, a very good player in Jack Blagbrough. Surely you'd expect 3/4 every week if that's what your suggesting.

28 minutes ago, Big Yin said:

I have been talking to people today about this and he’s heard that Pryce sacked Jonty because he’s questioned him on a few occasions with regards to local players not getting a chance behind loan players. I hope the BOD aren’t being influenced by an outside source to who plays and who doesn’t 

Leigh will dictate their DR players play. Good lad Jonty sorry to see him leave like this. He will be a big loss to the club.

All for Leon being strong  -witness the departure of Tansey, Foster and Leatherbarrow,- as its whats been missing for years.

But we need to be careful in losing club men  who have been involved for years, they are irreplaceable, and are usually around  long after a short term coach has passed through.

31 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

All for Leon being strong  -witness the departure of Tansey, Foster and Leatherbarrow,- as its whats been missing for years.

But we need to be careful in losing club men  who have been involved for years, they are irreplaceable, and are usually around  long after a short term coach has passed through.

Tansey & Foster were Leon's signings, being strong o/k but making the right signings in the first place is smart.

36 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

There is only 1 man picking the Town and that is the coach.I understand the need to bring in personnel on DR,but they have to be better than what we have in our local lads,I was a bit ###### off when we dropped big Kurt for the Aussie, who played ok, but i thought Kurt was a better option.I know i will upset a few fans by saying this, but we need halfbacks+ Centres has we are weak in them departments especially the halves,but at the minute all eye's are on Jonty, and the sooner we get that out the way the better it will be for the players and coaching staff..

2 hours ago, Big Yin said:

Where you bin big yin?

Archived