London Skolars

Dave Naylor

Who's in the hot-seat ?

WANT to know who's in charge while Chris Hamilton is on sick leave ?

Compiled by Roger Halstead and Dave Naylor, our 24-page, full-colour programme will hold its own with anything in League 1 and a lot in the Championship.

Read full article

Four changes in 19-man squad

SCOTT Naylor has made four changes in his 19-man squad for tomorrow's Betfred League 1 clash with London Skolars at the Vestacare Stadium (3pm kick-off).

Read full article

Definitely Yed, could be a tough game tomorrow, London have some very decent players. Hopefully we will continue with the same intensity we have shown for the past few weeks and chalk up another W. 

Squad looks good, im going for Hooley,Kershaw,McComb,Holmes,Eccleston,Crook,Hewitt,Joy,Owen,Spencer,Langtree,Bridge,Bent. Subs. Wilko,Jones,Davies,Nelmes.

Nice to be in a position to rotate players, so far Nobby has got selection spot on. Hard to leave lads out, but it will do us good come the business end of the season to have everyone fit.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Up the Yeds!

Good result today for us.Bridge had a Stormer and a hat trick to boot.Langers again brilliant.The whole team have been great recently,may it continue.The attendance seemed a little disappointing,it seems to be getting less and less each home game.

Oh for christ sake the crowd was blah blah blah. The performance was superb, the fans who were there enjoyed it. Sadly the thousands of so called Oldham fans who allegedly support the club couldnt be arsed yet again. Credit to those who were there today, true Oldham supporters.

52 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Oh for christ sake the crowd was blah blah blah. The performance was superb, the fans who were there enjoyed it. Sadly the thousands of so called Oldham fans who allegedly support the club couldnt be arsed yet again. Credit to those who were there today, true Oldham supporters.

Yes I know I mentioned the attendance but it's one of the most important parts of any club,no fans equates to no club.I know it seems to be mentioned ball the time but it's a genuine concern of mine and I bet I'm not on my own.And yes agreed the team are doing brilliantly at this time.I really believe we'll be in the mix for going back up if the boys can keep this momentum going.I just find it a little gutting that people can't be bothered when the boys are trying their hearts out for our club.Yes huge credit w to those who did show up.

29 minutes ago, fothersheros said:

I'm not a regular poster but I am always at the home games and some away. The performance today was outstanding and it has been now for a few weeks. Come on Oldham supporters get down to the ground a support the Yeds

Top post,spot on.

I thought we were quit sloppy today especially in the middle section of the game. We started great and finished great but were very average in the middle.

Bridge was great again and deserved his hat trick and i think we have finally started using him like Rochdale did as a strike weapon out wide .Joy played well again as did both hookers in their spells. McComb continues to impress and improve as the season goes on as for me has now earnt his place in the starting 13.

A few players looked a bit rusty especially Hooley who seemed off all game. Spencer and Davies were very quiet on their returns from injury as was Eccleston.

Special mention to Danny Langtree again. Absolutely superb player who is still getting better and since moving to loose forward has risen the bar again.

2 hours ago, thecrab said:

R34, Can't blame any so called fans picking and choosing their games against some of the teams in this league and in poor surroundings.  London Skolars at home holds very little interest for me and many others 

Should not matter who we play, Oldham "fans" are supposed to support Oldham not the opposition! Poor surroundings? The viewing at the ground is fine.More excuses. If we get to the play off final and its at home , the ground will be full of all these stay aways and i bet they wont complain about poor surroundings then. Easy to go to finals isnt it, proven in the 1400 attendance at Vestacare in the 2015 final v Keighley. Pity people dont actually go to the bread and butter games but want to jump on the bandwagon when its an "i was their moment" and a chance of glory ?

This team deserve more than the 400 diehards, 8 wins on the bounce,3rd in the league and the crowds are poor. What more can this team do to get people through the gate? 

Allegedly there are 100s of Oldham fans who claim to support the club,but dont show that support by attending games. If people really want a team in Oldham then its about time they stopped whining about everything and actually turned up to watch matches! 

11 hours ago, m brooksy said:

I thought we were quit sloppy today especially in the middle section of the game. We started great and finished great but were very average in the middle.

Bridge was great again and deserved his hat trick and i think we have finally started using him like Rochdale did as a strike weapon out wide .Joy played well again as did both hookers in their spells. McComb continues to impress and improve as the season goes on as for me has now earnt his place in the starting 13.

A few players looked a bit rusty especially Hooley who seemed off all game. Spencer and Davies were very quiet on their returns from injury as was Eccleston.

Special mention to Danny Langtree again. Absolutely superb player who is still getting better and since moving to loose forward has risen the bar again.

Totally agree, thought we were pretty poor certainly in the first half after 20 mins or so. 

I thought we missed the impetus that Nelmes gives us but fortunately Bridge, Langtree came up trumps again. 

Bridge, Langtree put Skolars in detention

A SLICK start and a fine finish enabled Oldham to do a job on under-rated London Skolars in another entertaining afternoon at the Vestacare Stadium.

Read full article

Scott looks forward to Hunslet after eight straight wins

SCOTT Naylor was delighted with the 44-12 result . . . but not quite so pleased with Oldham’s 80-minute performance against London Skolars.

Read full article

Just a quick post to compliment Anne Kearns on her leader column in the programme yesterday. It says absolutely everything that Sue says about Rugby League in general and Oldham in particular. Like Anne she has only watched the game for a few years and Oldham for the last four years but she is now a committed Yed, at least by adoption. We forget what a fantastic "product" we are lucky enough to watch week in week out. I'm writing this while the England footie is on in an effort to stay awake. These are the best players in the world yet so may passes go astray. As for Union you can get well oiled if you go and buy a pint at every scrum. At least you won't miss any action ?.

If you really do consider yourself a fan then get down to Whitebank with an open mind and shout your heart out for the lads because they damn well deserve it. They give it their all and are bloody good at what they do not least in representing OLDHAM. 

if that is too much to ask then fine but please take your negativity away from here, The lads don't need it, the club doesn't need it and the game in general doesn't need it.

57 minutes ago, Stevos Barber said:

Just a quick post to compliment Anne Kearns on her leader column in the programme yesterday. It says absolutely everything that Sue says about Rugby League in general and Oldham in particular. Like Anne she has only watched the game for a few years and Oldham for the last four years but she is now a committed Yed, at least by adoption. We forget what a fantastic "product" we are lucky enough to watch week in week out. I'm writing this while the England footie is on in an effort to stay awake. These are the best players in the world yet so may passes go astray. As for Union you can get well oiled if you go and buy a pint at every scrum. At least you won't miss any action ?.

If you really do consider yourself a fan then get down to Whitebank with an open mind and shout your heart out for the lads because they damn well deserve it. They give it their all and are bloody good at what they do not least in representing OLDHAM. 

if that is too much to ask then fine but please take your negativity away from here, The lads don't need it, the club doesn't need it and the game in general doesn't need it.

Absolutely, positively spot on mate.Never a truer word said.

Stats

Hooley-3 tackles. one miss.one offload. 5 tackle busts. one clean break. 2 try assists. 16 carries=123m

Eccleston-2 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one clean break. 8 carries=64m

Holmes-28 tackles. one miss.one offload. one tackle bust. 13 carries=59m

McComb-15 tackles. one miss. 4 tackle busts. 4 clean breaks. one try assist. 18 carries=176m

Kershaw-1 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 13 carries=84m

Crook-13 tackles. one miss. 2 carries=13m

Hewitt-11 tackles. 1 carry=7m

Joy-26 tackles. one tackle bust. 16 carries=100m

Owen-14 tackles. one miss. one offload. one tackle bust. 6 carries=47m

Spencer-13 tackles. 9 carries=73m

Bridge-28 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 6 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 15 carries=126m

Langtree-42 tackles. 3 misses.one offload. 6 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 20 carries=168m

Bent-32 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. one try assist. 10 carries=64m

subs

Jones-16 tackles.8 carries=64m

Wilkinson-15 tackles.one clean break. one try assist. 4 carries=39m

Briscoe-20 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust.4 carries=39m

Davies-13 tackles.  8 carries=39m

Archived