Hows Crowther doing?

Kirmonds pouch

God knows. I never even notice he's on the pitch.  That said, those who pay more attention to the less attention grabbing parts of the game tell me he does a fair bit of tackling..

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

As a Wakey fan just interested?

Real grafter, but doesn't contribute much in attack -  he's not alone in that aspect of his game though. Really hope he becomes good enough to hold down a Wakey spot.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

32 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

How old is Jordan,19/20? He's a young lad playing in a struggling side,he's put a lot of the more experienced players to shame this season. So I take it you don't rate him then Nick?

Top class tackler. Does not get enough service with the ball (could that be a deliberate move ?) Scored in his last two appearances. Was not in favour at Wakey so had little ball time there.

Don't mean to be picky Graham, but the whole squad are playing in a struggling side. They are all part of the problem. Crowther is no better, or any worse than the rest of them. Age isn't the issue - if they are good enough and all that. I agree though, some of the senior players aren't stepping up to the plate.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Don't mean to be picky Graham, but the whole squad are playing in a struggling side. They are all part of the problem. Crowther is no better, or any worse than the rest of them. Age isn't the issue - if they are good enough and all that. I agree though, some of the senior players aren't stepping up to the plate.

Was it Streatham and Mitcham, or another team, that tried to introduce baseball in order to increase attendances?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 hours ago, graham fisher said:

How old is Jordan,19/20? He's a young lad playing in a struggling side,he's put a lot of the more experienced players to shame this season. So I take it you don't rate him then Nick?

I just dont notice him....simples...My first answer was no messing.  I wouldn't know if he was on the pitch or not.  If he's ever given a pass or broken a tackle Ive missed it..

I like Eddie Rombo's, Dennis Baileys, Anthony Thackerays..I tend to forget that there are two sides to the game..Unless its someone like Gary Cox or Tony Murphy who were really stand out tacklers

The solid grafters and tacklers are fundamental to any team's success. Did you notice all of the flash stuff that Kevin Ward or Jimmy Thompson (to mention just two of many) used to do? The "flash Harry's" of our sport distract from the engine room without which most teams would be lost.

Let's see a list of Dewsbury's unsung heroes of the past.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 6/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, Blind side johnny said:

The solid grafters and tacklers are fundamental to any team's success. Did you notice all of the flash stuff that Kevin Ward or Jimmy Thompson (to mention just two of many) used to do? The "flash Harry's" of our sport distract from the engine room without which most teams would be lost.

Let's see a list of Dewsbury's unsung heroes of the past.

I've always believed that you can't be a truly great RL player until you've mastered the art of defence. Attacking RL will come but a forward in particular must be able to tackle.

I'm way more pleased that you rate his defence more than his attack - his attacking game we can work on but if he hasn't learned to tackle by now I'd be very worried. We have a few in our team who have not fully mastered it and eventually it always catches them out no matter how fast or flash they may be so I reckon Jordy is on his way..

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I've always believed that you can't be a truly great RL player until you've mastered the art of defence. Attacking RL will come but a forward in particular must be able to tackle.

I'm way more pleased that you rate his defence more than his attack - his attacking game we can work on but if he hasn't learned to tackle by now I'd be very worried. We have a few in our team who have not fully mastered it and eventually it always catches them out no matter how fast or flash they may be so I reckon Jordy is on his way..

We've got quite a number who wo't or can't tackle. You only need to look at the points against us to see that. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, Crown Flatter said:

We've got quite a number who wo't or can't tackle. You only need to look at the points against us to see that. 

You should send a scouting party to Tunisia.

They know how to wrestle the opposition players to the ground over there, I hear.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Archived