23 Jun: Test Match: England v New Zealand (Denver)

England v New Zealand (Denver)  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more
  2. 2. Guess the attendance

• Less than 5,000
    • 5,000 to 9,999
    • 10,000 to 14,999
    • 15,000 to 19,999
    • 20,000 to 24,999
    • 25,000 to 29,999
    • 30,000 to 40,000
    • Over 40,000

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/06/18 at 20:10

29 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

In all honesty pretty sure that discussions on or regarding attendances make up 10-25% of forum posts so they are just giving the people what they want.

Complaints about refereeing decisions and complaints about commentators complaining about refereeing decisions seem to take up about the same amount of forum posts.

The truth is, you really can't please everybody.

Looking forward to the match, regardless. Interested to see if Maguire's had time to instill some mental steel in the Kiwi side.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'll go an England win by 10+ I think this is a great idea but announcing the event at a 80k stadium in a country that does not know the game and giving 5 months to build it up and promote it is a joke. 20k plus would be a good attendance but that will be lost in a ground that size and will show a poor image of the sport. I now here the game won't be broadcast in the states so apart from 15k locals it will achieve no awareness. 

36 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Sad indictment of a rugby league forum you vote on the possible crowd. Even sadder I voted. 

As this is a development game for Rugby League, rather than just a regular Test match, it's a legitimate subject for people to comment on. I've locked all the other threads on the Denver Test now the game is in sight, to focus discussion on this one, and there was a 27 pager on the anticipated size of the crowd! ;)

Just scrolling through denver broncos twitter feed and I was surprised to see not a single tweet on the game. Considering they have 2.6 million followers you would have thought the people being the game would have asked for assistance. I'm not on Facebook and was wondering if that had been used by the organisers to promote the game and had denver broncos mentioned anything??? 

14 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Phil Caplan reports that Jason Moore thinks the crowd will be c.30k and will be filmed sympathetically to make it look better.

Nevertheless, there'll definitely be a Leyther in the crowd who'll film the stadium two hours before kick off and claim the organizers are lying about attendance.

2 minutes ago, Loup said:

Nevertheless, there'll definitely be a Leyther in the crowd who'll film the stadium two hours before kick off and claim the organizers are lying about attendance.

Ha! 

I’m less concerned about the figure than how it looks.

This is a rare prime time appearance on British terrestrial TV. 

41 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Phil Caplan reports that Jason Moore thinks the crowd will be c.30k and will be filmed sympathetically to make it look better.

I’d be delighted with 30k for a first attempt. Especially with it being nobbled by the NRL in the build up. I doubt many fans will be going from the UK or NZ but all the negative publicity from the NRL would’ve put a good percentage of them off. 

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

I’d be delighted with 30k for a first attempt. Especially with it being nobbled by the NRL in the build up. I doubt many fans will be going from the UK or NZ but all the negative publicity from the NRL would’ve put a good percentage of them off. 

After all the opposition from the NRL, if they get 30,000 or more it will hopefully put an end to that.

Looks like the England spine is now all but confirmed with Williams pulling out

1. Ratchford
6. Widdop
7. Lomax
9. Roby
13. O’Loughlin

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Looking forward to this game.  Its nice to see there is a decent amount of promotion going on in Denver, almost seems like more than when there is a game here!  England should be pretty comfortable but as long as we put on a good show I'm not particularly bothered about the result (obviously I want an England win though).  This is a great opportunity to showcase the sport in a new market and considering the poor attendances union generally seem to be getting for internationals and club games in the US we should be happy if we get anywhere near 20,000 people in.

Archived