Barrow's Third Visit

ojx

744263030_ScreenShot2018-06-18at22_12_29.png.e6b9a916e4bb2af61a2b32cf1fcee6b5.png Oh no, could be a wet one. Heavy rain would be a big problem at Lamport. They really need to cover at least one of the stands. So far, they have had amazing luck with the weather, but sooner or later that run will break. 

Will Quinn finally get some game time?

Have Barrow sorted their visas?

Will the crowd numbers improve from last week?

Looking forward to the game already.

9 hours ago, ojx said:

744263030_ScreenShot2018-06-18at22_12_29.png.e6b9a916e4bb2af61a2b32cf1fcee6b5.png Oh no, could be a wet one. Heavy rain would be a big problem at Lamport. They really need to cover at least one of the stands. So far, they have had amazing luck with the weather, but sooner or later that run will break.

Will Quinn finally get some game time?

Have Barrow sorted their visas?

Will the crowd numbers improve from last week?

Looking forward to the game already. 

In answer to your questions:

- No, win the championship then start giving people a rest.

- I hope so, they have been here twice already so they should know what to expect. I gather they have enough problems getting 17 players at the moment without losing some to visa issues.

- No it will be worse if the weather is looking bad. I may give it a miss, just because I need to miss a couple of games in the 8 week stretch and this one looks a little wet. Mind you if it brightens up, I may come in.

right now they are calling for rain earlier in the day so it might be OK for game time...bring something to sit on though cuz your ass will gte wet.

if the weather isn't as good definitely expect a lower gate otherwise it will be similar to last weekend most likely. They did have a Monday special for 50% tickets one day only for the game so we will see how many show up.

A travelling part time outfit is always going o be Quinn's shot at game time as i don't expect to see him vs. Fev or our reserves (Leigh)

i'm sure barrow know exactly what to do to get over here and they would have had everything sorted when the fixture list came out. Also TWP has had a season under their belt in dealing with these issues so i'm sure they have been working with the other clubs in what to get done, we do have an immigration law firm as a sponsor this year for exactly this reason.

15 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

right now they are calling for rain earlier in the day so it might be OK for game time...bring something to sit on though cuz your ass will gte wet.

if the weather isn't as good definitely expect a lower gate otherwise it will be similar to last weekend most likely. They did have a Monday special for 50% tickets one day only for the game so we will see how many show up.

A travelling part time outfit is always going o be Quinn's shot at game time as i don't expect to see him vs. Fev or our reserves (Leigh)

i'm sure barrow know exactly what to do to get over here and they would have had everything sorted when the fixture list came out. Also TWP has had a season under their belt in dealing with these issues so i'm sure they have been working with the other clubs in what to get done, we do have an immigration law firm as a sponsor this year for exactly this reason.

Are you going?

36 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Are you going?

No. Leigh on the 30th is my next game and i will make it to one of the qualifiers. kid free and not driving for the Leigh game  so i will get to enjoy some pints and might have to DD and bring my son to the qualifiers to appease the she wolf at home.

Currently 2-3 games is all I can make in a year due to kid activities and we camp a lot. as the kids get older i'm sure the amount of games will increase as it can be an outing for all of us, wife isn't a sport fan but she can stay home.

6 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

No. Leigh on the 30th is my next game and i will make it to one of the qualifiers. kid free and not driving for the Leigh game  so i will get to enjoy some pints and might have to DD and bring my son to the qualifiers to appease the she wolf at home.

Currently 2-3 games is all I can make in a year due to kid activities and we camp a lot. as the kids get older i'm sure the amount of games will increase as it can be an outing for all of us, wife isn't a sport fan but she can stay home.

Dammit...I was looking for someone to wear the Bushwolf hat (its wild) and I was hoping it would be you!  Its really hot to wear and I thought with the lower temps. for this game it would be perfect.

13 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Dammit...I was looking for someone to wear the Bushwolf hat (its wild) and I was hoping it would be you!  Its really hot to wear and I thought with the lower temps. for this game it would be perfect.

Bring it to the Leigh Game!!! We can all take a turn. if you drink enough it wont seem weird at all.

Just now, Krzzystuff said:

Bring it to the Leigh Game!!! We can all take a turn. if you drink enough it wont seem weird at all.

Wife won't allow it but she is going to miss the Barrow game...if any of the cameras see someone wearing it they will certainly do a close up...thing is so hot though with the main fur on the shoulders and everything....its a full bush wolf skin with the head and ears that fits  over the head..I don't know if I got the moxy to wear it?!

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Wife won't allow it but she is going to miss the Barrow game...if any of the cameras see someone wearing it they will certainly do a close up...thing is so hot though with the main fur on the shoulders and everything....its a full bush wolf skin with the head and ears that fits  over the head..I don't know if I got the moxy to wear it?!

if Moxy doesn't work have a gluten free vegetable smoothie made famous by Polska...Potato Vodka!!!! 

1 minute ago, Krzzystuff said:

if Moxy doesn't work have a gluten free vegetable smoothie made famous by Polska...Potato Vodka!!!! 

I don't know man....might have to wait until the first playoff game to be unveiled...don't know if I could stand all the attention of wearing it....not really my cup of tea....after seeing you in the wedding dress with that cannon i thought well....HES THE GUY!....either you or Robert? 

9 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I don't know man....might have to wait until the first playoff game to be unveiled...don't know if I could stand all the attention of wearing it....not really my cup of tea....after seeing you in the wedding dress with that cannon i thought well....HES THE GUY!....either you or Robert? 

lol yeah...i can pull if off. would be better if my son wasn't there so I can have some courage smoothie

14 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

lol yeah...i can pull if off. would be better if my son wasn't there so I can have some courage smoothie

Trust me its a weird looking thing...you are going to need it.

Hope no animal rights activists are around.

8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Trust me its a weird looking thing...you are going to need it.

Hope no animal rights activists are around.

instead of a wolf onesie suit it will be a once a wolf suite?

Thing is....it has a bit of a wolf scent to it....I've got most of it out but if it is raining...well no guarantees....I scraped all of the flesh off of it I could....but its hard to get into all those head cavities, especially the ears.   I've also got another bush wolf head that I could make to fit over your hand to act as a puppet or something...you could put two of your fingers through the eye sockets to a make it into a large glove...  now do you see what i mean about the animal rights activists?

You certainly will be able to frighten small children, no doubt about it.

Are you going to wear it?

8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Thing is....it has a bit of a wolf scent to it....I've got most of it out but if it is raining...well no guarantees....I scraped all of the flesh off of it I could....but its hard to get into all those head cavities, especially the ears.   I've also got another bush wolf head that I could make to fit over your hand to act as a puppet or something...you could put two of your fingers through the eye sockets to a make it into a large glove...  now do you see what i mean about the animal rights activists?

You certainly will be able to frighten small children, no doubt about it.

Are you going to wear it?

i might need to see a picture first. I can commit to wearing it for a little while but the whole game might be  a bit much...some photos with the Wolfpack Pack are necessary.

22 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

i might need to see a picture first. I can commit to wearing it for a little while but the whole game might be  a bit much...some photos with the Wolfpack Pack are necessary.

If you're going to do it let me know which game. I do some of the matchday photography and I'll be sure to come & see you!

29 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Nope...you have to promise to wear it for the full day....and then Robert has to promise to wear it for the following game! I figure if you two guys wear it then I'll be shamed into giving it a go.

Now I forgot to tell ya that I sort of screwed up the nose a bit (very moist and hard to get at from the inside of the nose out, but I packed it as good as I could with the salt)....and there is also something else but I won't tell you for  now.....you'll just have to trust me.

Now do you promise you will wear the thing for the whole game?

i am going rain or shine but real fur is a no no in my family..all non rabid PETA supporters...

Hope the Raiders can field 17  they are having a terrible run of injuries...but they are a game bunch and if it is a bit sloppy that'll even things up a bit

10 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

If you're going to do it let me know which game. I do some of the matchday photography and I'll be sure to come & see you!

Oh, don't worry....you won't miss it...just watch the crowd reaction as he strolls by...its an attention getter no doubt!  Small children will be pointing!

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Oh, don't worry....you won't miss it...just watch the crowd reaction as he strolls by...its an attention getter no doubt!  Small children will be pointing!

I won't be getting arrested or put on any watch list will I?

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

i am going rain or shine but real fur is a no no in my family..all non rabid PETA supporters...

Hope the Raiders can field 17  they are having a terrible run of injuries...but they are a game bunch and if it is a bit sloppy that'll even things up a bit

Its our worst injury crisis in living memory !!!!! We only sent 15 players to Featherstone last week and its looking just as grim for this match unfortunately.

We just need to ride this storm then get back on track in the 8s to make sure we avoid relegation.

at least we know Ponwall has no visa issues. will be odd seeing him at the Den playing for the other side.

Quinn likely to get a run out if the Raiders are short handed.

Pownall isn't competing - part of the loan deal. I still expect a good game, Barrow are a tough side and don't stop coming...but be great to see Quinn play

I love you guys, Kman and KS and all other kanuks? We'll send a team and they will give 100% but, but we will get outclassed. A little like us playing expansion teams last season.No contest. Thanks for lending us 1/2 ? of your guys. We need them. Then it's back to the shipyard Monday for us, lol.

Archived