R14 The Cougar Cauldron

AB Knight

It's been a bit quiet on here the last few days, calm before the storm perhaps?

Never easy going to Keighley, like us they've posted some big home wins against the Expansion teams (80-10 vs Hemel, 98-6 vs Coventry, and last time out 94-0 vs West Wales). Unlike us however their home wins against Workington (44-34) and Skolars (26-18) have been close and they suffered a big defeat vs Bradford (54-6).

Makes me wonder if they'll be a bit undercooked like when we thrashed West Wales then laboured to a win at Hunslet. My feeling is whoever is the most disciplined side will come out winners, we know Keighley are a physical side and we have to be firm but fair, there's enough quality in this side to go there and win if we play the game right and don't get too drawn into the petty stuff. I believe other than Ben Hardcastle (who's only recently returned from a head injury) they are short on halves, it's another big match for Connor and Cockayne to again show the right balance of experience and flair.

I can't make this one but I'm going for a close Knights win. Also a shame to hear Keighley Cougars Aidan Scully's wife has been diagnosed with a brain tumour, puts sport into perspective, hopefully they will have a bucket collection at the match.

Once again, discipline both on and off the ball will be vitally important. Don't get drawn into anything untoward, look after the ball, and the Knights are good enough to win. With Bradford hosting Donny, and Hunslet facing Oldham, a good result will put York in a very strong position for at least a play off spot even at this stage of the season.

10 hours ago, trig said:

Is it definitely 1530 kick off? , Can any one confirm,  Cheers 

The club website, Keighley Cougars site, League Express and BBC all give it as 3.30pm.

14 hours ago, RBear1983 said:

Should be good game. Really hope York can raise there own team without DR. Find it such a shame clubs can't raise there own teams now a days without heavily reallying on other clubs for players. 

Update: Squad will be out at 6pm. One loan player and two DR players - who are both still eligible for the academy.

That ok with you?

17 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Update: Squad will be out at 6pm. One loan player and two DR players - who are both still eligible for the academy.

That ok with you?

If we were without DR I think York would struggle to 'raise there own team' and would put up a poor show on the field, like the Catalans and Swinton matches - not a single DR player in sight, dreadful performances too. ?

14 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Isn't  he the one playing at Newcastle?.

Little French halfback at thunder is Remy marginet , cracking player by all accounts, looking forward to watch him play at the crescent 1st of July.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:47 AM, jayemm said:

It will probably all kick off about 10 minutes into the game. 

Don't like to disappoint us when these two play each other. Two players sin binned after a mass brawl. 

Were you at the game? 

Before I start, best team won so no sour grapes, but your sides discipline, especially in the first half was just as bad as ours. The brawl that saw two Nicholson and Spears sent off came after four consecutive York high tackles.

Last year yes our discipline was appalling against you but that's not what I saw this time around (Appart from Nicholson who lost his head big time). 

All that said, you outplayed us convincingly and I don't think the sin-binnings had any bearing on the end result. 

Awesome, professional, clinical, that's what we were today,  Keighley are a decent side and will upset a few in the top half of the table,    roll on Newcastle at home next weekend.

Up the championship chasing kneets???.

Archived