Luke Briscoe to Leeds

hrtbps

Fev and Leeds have been in a marriage now for quite a few years and like being married sometimes you have to eat s##t now and then but the rewards far outweigh the bad times.I can’t see MC not having like Baldrick used to say “I have a cunning plan” in place .Lets just wait and see how it all pans out.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I see it the method has been used to help out Leeds in an injury crisis. It is probably a one off. The agreement from us stands us in good stead with a major club for the future. Just a bit of mutual back scratching that will stand us in good stead.  Who knows what the future holds but we now have a very good partnership with a big club whose closeness could be an enormous asset in the unforeseeable future.

13 hours ago, jamescolin said:

As I see it the method has been used to help out Leeds in an injury crisis. It is probably a one off. The agreement from us stands us in good stead with a major club for the future. Just a bit of mutual back scratching that will stand us in good stead.  Who knows what the future holds but we now have a very good partnership with a big club whose closeness could be an enormous asset in the unforeseeable future.

You really believe that? You are putting a lot of faith in a club that a lot of people really don't trust.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

You really believe that? You are putting a lot of faith in a club that a lot of people really don't trust.

Yes I do. What other people think is up  to them. Going around with your head in a bucket gets you nowhere. Look forward and do what is best for your club is the best option. Doing nothing but hope is a path to nowhere.

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I don't see why a lot of what he said is far-fetched. By all means say DR is flat-out wrong (most of us agree), by all means say this is a blatant exploitatation of a loophole in the rules. But both Fev and Leeds have consistently, and repeatedly, said that they have a really good relationship with each other and the DR arrangement they have works well for both clubs.

Indeed, you have only to look at how senior personnel at other Championship clubs have whined about (and exaggerated on occasions) Fev's usage of DR players against them.

DR may be a shocking system - we'd nearly all vote in favour of its abolition, I'm sure - but it's part of the rules framework and, like it or not, Fev and Leeds have used it to much better effect than most other clubs - and nearly every club in SL and Championship has had a DR agreement at some time or other.

With the greatest respect I would say the wingman is the 'least' physically demanding position to play, it's not like he will have been busting a gut in the middle all evening. Plus it would not be the first time this season or last where he would play 3 games in quick succession, and with it being just the one individual and not the whole team I can't see it being a major issue.

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't see why a lot of what he said is far-fetched. By all means say DR is flat-out wrong (most of us agree), by all means say this is a blatant exploitatation of a loophole in the rules. But both Fev and Leeds have consistently, and repeatedly, said that they have a really good relationship with each other and the DR arrangement they have works well for both clubs.

Indeed, you have only to look at how senior personnel at other Championship clubs have whined about (and exaggerated on occasions) Fev's usage of DR players against them.

DR may be a shocking system - we'd nearly all vote in favour of its abolition, I'm sure - but it's part of the rules framework and, like it or not, Fev and Leeds have used it to much better effect than most other clubs - and nearly every club in SL and Championship has had a DR agreement at some time or other.

If we dint use Leeds some other team would, that's the nature of the beast Iam afraid. 

Spot on.   DR is part of the game like it or not. We have to use what facilities are available to us to obtain the best results.  Whatever the situation is you have to make the best of it. Taking your bat home or moralizing about things doesn't make anything better for your club. We have an astute chairman and trainer who I am sure weighed up the pros and cons of the situation before a decision was made. Leeds  owe us one and I am sure they will reciprocate as they have done already making Ormondroyd available. 

31 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Why? It was obvious what was happening. 

No. Not to me.... but I'ma big niaive sheeite!

Everything i know and hear about Campbell suggests that there will always be something in it for fev.... i came to that conclusion after id stopped whingin and actually had a think.... i just couldn't work out what.....

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

No. Not to me.... but I'ma big niaive sheeite!

Everything i know and hear about Campbell suggests that there will always be something in it for fev.... i came to that conclusion after id stopped whingin and actually had a think.... i just couldn't work out what.....

Robin! A man with your knowledge and experience you've surprised me! 

Featherstone rapidly becoming a joke of a club. They cant stand on their own two competitive feet when it comes to a squad as they blood suck off Leeds, and the fans love the DR arrangement. Its a joke. Most clubs in the Championship as 'contenders' stand on their own two feet. Imagine you get in the middle 8s, You are a waste of time. Give me a shout when you are a proper club,  who can operate as such rather than rely on others.

5 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Featherstone rapidly becoming a joke of a club. They cant stand on their own two competitive feet when it comes to a squad as they blood suck off Leeds, and the fans love the DR arrangement. Its a joke. Most clubs in the Championship as 'contenders' stand on their own two feet. Imagine you get in the middle 8s, You are a waste of time. Give me a shout when you are a proper club,  who can operate as such rather than rely on others.

Tool

5 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Been drinking mate ???

Archived