Toronto and Visa's

Let's assume for a moment that Air Transat, a Canadian-based airline that's been around for some time, knows what it's doing. If a passenger is refused admission into Canada, on arrival in Canada, then the airline is responsible for getting them back to country of origin for free. Why would they take a chance?

For example: anyone entering Canada needs to have a passport that has at least six months left on it. If passenger rocks up to the gate and shows a passport near its expiry date, sorry mate, you're not boarding.

I'm having a bit of a laff at the outrage. Currently the UK is turning away its own citizens if they don't have the right documentation to hand. It's not hard to get the right visa to enter Canada if you fill out the forms right, have a valid passport with 6+ months left on the clock, and don't have a criminal record. If you do, then you start sorting it out earlier and work with the Canadian immigration firm provided by TWP to help.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Loup said:

Let's assume for a moment that Air Transat, a Canadian-based airline that's been around for some time, knows what it's doing. If a passenger is refused admission into Canada, on arrival in Canada, then the airline is responsible for getting them back to country of origin for free. Why would they take a chance?

For example: anyone entering Canada needs to have a passport that has at least six months left on it. If passenger rocks up to the gate and shows a passport near its expiry date, sorry mate, you're not boarding.

I'm having a bit of a laff at the outrage. Currently the UK is turning away its own citizens if they don't have the right documentation to hand. It's not hard to get the right visa to enter Canada if you fill out the forms right, have a valid passport with 6+ months left on the clock, and don't have a criminal record. If you do, then you start sorting it out earlier and work with the Canadian immigration firm provided by TWP to help.

I would imagine most of these guys have an annual holiday/vacation abroad. The six months left on a passport is standard for any Country being travelled too. Is the passport number not added to the online form? The only way you would get flagged up at an airport is if, as you say you haven't informed the relative personnel you're leaving the Country you reside in.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:52 AM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You would like to think this possibility had been discussed pre-Toronto joining League One and pre-this year in regards to the 8’s, but this is Rugby League, it’s governed by The RFail, so it’s probably never been thought of.

I wonder if Toronto will even play in Canada in the 8’s or will they reverse all their home games or play at a neutral venue (that Manchester Rangers place?).

I expect that neutral venue could be the Skolar's New River !

5 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

I expect that neutral venue could be the Skolar's New River !

On 6/20/2018 at 3:52 AM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You would like to think this possibility had been discussed pre-Toronto joining League One and pre-this year in regards to the 8’s, but this is Rugby League, it’s governed by The RFail, so it’s probably never been thought of.

I wonder if Toronto will even play in Canada in the 8’s or will they reverse all their home games or play at a neutral venue (that Manchester Rangers place?).

You are aware that we will be playing at Lamport right? If any SL teams can't get their visas sorted out then clearly they don't belong in the  new professional SL now do they? Saying we should move our games because top flight teams can't be bothered to prepare for a game that could significantly impact their futures is absurd...it's a PRO Sport...Pro is short for Professional in case some don't know.

Besides this will force us to travel to and from Canada each week giving the SL teams a bit of an advantage, i highly doubt they want to face us without any travel as..well...we're better than them.

25 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

You are aware that we will be playing at Lamport right? If any SL teams can't get their visas sorted out then clearly they don't belong in the  new professional SL now do they? Saying we should move our games because top flight teams can't be bothered to prepare for a game that could significantly impact their futures is absurd...it's a PRO Sport...Pro is short for Professional in case some don't know.

Besindes this will force us to travell to and from Canada each week giving the SL teams a bit of an advantage, i highly doubt they want to face us without any travel as..well...we're better than them.

Nobody was suggesting any of that.

40 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Besindes this will force us to travell to and from Canada each week giving the SL teams a bit of an advantage, i highly doubt they want to face us without any travel as..well...we're better than them.

Besindes? never mind, this is not a professional forum

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Nobody was suggesting any of that.

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:
  On 6/20/2018 at 3:52 AM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, CanadianRugger said:

Any club that can't sort out a basic requirement like a Work VISA probably shouldn't be in the professional sport business.  Every other sport in North America has players from all over the world that play in our leagues and they manage to get these issues sorted while playing 80+ games a season for the NHL and NBA and 150+ games in Baseball.  The most recent Stanley Cup Champions have Russians, Canadians, Americans, Danish, Swedish, Czechs, Germans and an Australian on their team.  No issues!

It's freaking easy to do this, if a team can't get it sorted, that's on them and not the Toronto Wolfpack.

Rugby League is a great sport but it needs to become more professional in how its run and administered.  The disparity between amateur clubs and professional clubs is too great for them to be competing together, week in week out.  

You see, with respect, you're suffering under exactly the same delusion that many in Bradford did, before relegation.

To start at the very beginning (as it's a very good place to start), there is just one professional division in RL and that is Super League. The championship is mostly semi-pro (the players, and owners come to that, have other jobs) and many actually have NO permanent office staff, often just someone who, maybe, 'pops' in on Tuesday and Thursday night when the lads are training and does a bit of typing.

It was a culture shock for us, we couldn't get our heads round the fact that simple things, like getting tickets for a game could be just soooo difficult. But, it is what it is, many clubs have more pressing concerns (like paying utility bills) than obtaining visas for players to go play on the other side of the world. They're more bothered about beating the local rivals from down the road than they are about going abroad to play, simply because the RFL have bequeathed it.

Britain, or at least England, is not very open minded, as shown over the last couple of years. For sure, there are many who want to embrace different cultures, who want clubs from other countries to play, and thrive, in the sport we refer to as TGG, the greatest game. But for everyone who reaches out there is someone who couldn't care less, who is only concerned about their local team, and certainly couldn't give a stuff about teams being 'parachuted' into 'their' game from continents beyond their horizons. Welcome to the world of RL.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

15 minutes ago, Bulliac said:

You see, with respect, you're suffering under exactly the same delusion that many in Bradford did, before relegation.

To start at the very beginning (as it's a very good place to start), there is just one professional division in RL and that is Super League. The championship is mostly semi-pro (the players, and owners come to that, have other jobs) and many actually have NO permanent office staff, often just someone who, maybe, 'pops' in on Tuesday and Thursday night when the lads are training and does a bit of typing.

It was a culture shock for us, we couldn't get our heads round the fact that simple things, like getting tickets for a game could be just soooo difficult. But, it is what it is, many clubs have more pressing concerns (like paying utility bills) than obtaining visas for players to go play on the other side of the world. They're more bothered about beating the local rivals from down the road than they are about going abroad to play, simply because the RFL have bequeathed it.

Britain, or at least England, is not very open minded, as shown over the last couple of years. For sure, there are many who want to embrace different cultures, who want clubs from other countries to play, and thrive, in the sport we refer to as TGG, the greatest game. But for everyone who reaches out there is someone who couldn't care less, who is only concerned about their local team, and certainly couldn't give a stuff about teams being 'parachuted' into 'their' game from continents beyond their horizons. Welcome to the world of RL.

Aren't you missing the point though....visiting teams to Toronto don't need work visas, they just fill out a simple form like anyone does when they fly about bringing in produce.   A grade 5 could do it....it seems the problems have resulted when information is intentionally omitted in the hopes that a previous criminal offence will just 'disappear'.  If people were just honest about their past on the form there would not be any problems....this has nothing to do with rugby or rugby league ideas....its about being responsible for, and owning up to, ones past actions... its about providing legal full disclosure, nothing more and nothing less?  

34 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Nothing there that suggests moving games was to benefit current Super League clubs. 

In jest i said that if they DON'T have us travel back and forth form Canada it''s a DISADVANTAGE to SL teams because we are better....so moving games is bad for Widnes and Co.

No one suggested it was for SL teams benefit but...they might have full squads in the event that they didn't plan properly or have key players with convictions that would prevent them for traveling.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, Kayakman said:

Aren't you missing the point though....visiting teams to Toronto don't need work visas, they just fill out a simple form like anyone does when they fly about bringing in produce.   A grade 5 could do it....it seems the problems have resulted when information is intentionally omitted in the hopes that a previous criminal offence will just 'disappear'.  If people were just honest about their past on the form there would not be any problems....this has nothing to do with rugby or rugby league ideas....its about being responsible for, and owning up to, ones past actions... its about providing legal full disclosure, nothing more and nothing less?  

I may well be missing things, as I have little idea of the logistics involved. Visas to Canada? No idea, be honest as I've never been, though I  have a fair number of relatives in Canada so  I know that, thank god, it's a far cry from the US, but of working permits etc, I know nothing. I can imagine the eyes of those people running these small community rugby clubs spinning wildly though, just at the thought of it! Lol

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

On 6/29/2018 at 4:44 AM, Bulliac said:

I may well be missing things, as I have little idea of the logistics involved. Visas to Canada? No idea, be honest as I've never been, though I  have a fair number of relatives in Canada so  I know that, thank god, it's a far cry from the US, but of working permits etc, I know nothing. I can imagine the eyes of those people running these small community rugby clubs spinning wildly though, just at the thought of it! Lol

Thank God for the volunteers and all the work they do...thankless sometimes!

Archived