23-24 Jun: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

SATURDAY 23rd JUNE
Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm
Toronto Wolfpack v Barrow Raiders KO 9.30pm (UK Time) (TV)

SUNDAY 24th JUNE
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions KO 4pm
Halifax v Batley Bulldogs KO 4pm
London Broncos v Swinton Lions KO 3pm
Rochdale Hornets v Toulouse Olympique KO 4pm

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 23rd JUNE

SUNDAY 24th JUNE

Easy wins for all those who sit in a higher position in the league table than their opponents, I would expect at least a minimum of 25 points difference in all those games.

Points difference could be telling factor of making the top 4 or the final placings come the end of 23 rounds.

31 minutes ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 23rd JUNE

SUNDAY 24th JUNE

Featherstone by 28

Toronto by 40

Leigh by 36

Halifax by 20

London by 32

Toulouse by 48

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers by 7
Toronto Wolfpack v Barrow Raiders by 40
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions  by 40
Halifax v Batley Bulldogs by 20
London Broncos v Swinton Lions by 40
Rochdale Hornets v Toulouse Olympique by 40

1 hour ago, westlondonfan said:

Sheffield by 6

Toronto 62

Leigh 18

Halifax 24

London 42

Toulouse 32

as a FEV fan I want to thank you for your predictions last week it was barrow 6  result 58 : 4 so keep up your good work and tip us to lose every week and with a bit of luck you will put the kibosh on opposition and we'll win every game ha ha ha

Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers draw 
Toronto Wolfpack v Barrow Raiders by 60
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions by 18
Halifax v Batley Bulldogs by12
London Broncos v Swinton Lions by 36
Rochdale Hornets v Toulouse Olympique by 18

Fev is short on bodies and they just got rid of briscoe is some magical boomerang where he comes back, but if he's back it will be after playing a SL game 2 days prior so he wont be much help. i think fev might loose but think they can pull a draw out...maybe

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Easy wins for all those who sit in a higher position in the league table than their opponents, I would expect at least a minimum of 25 points difference in all those games.

Points difference could be telling factor of making the top 4 or the final placings come the end of 23 rounds.

looks like Leigh are very likely to make the top 4 now even after your old washed up rejects make it a clean 3-0 sweep at Lamport in a few weeks. it will be good to keep the rivalry going in SL.

2-3 SL sides dropping down this year?

51 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers draw 
Toronto Wolfpack v Barrow Raiders by 60
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions by 18
Halifax v Batley Bulldogs by12
Rochdale Hornets v Toulouse Olympique by 18

Fev is short on bodies and they just got rid of briscoe is some magical boomerang where he comes back, but if he's back it will be after playing a SL game 2 days prior so he wont be much help. i think fev might loose but think they can pull a draw out...maybe

Hes coming back and young enough to play 2 games in 4 days even if he's only subbing. A couple of Leeds players played for Leeds and Fev within a few days a couple or so weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, POR said:

as a FEV fan I want to thank you for your predictions last week it was barrow 6  result 58 : 4 so keep up your good work and tip us to lose every week and with a bit of luck you will put the kibosh on opposition and we'll win every game ha ha ha

dont be mad! I have been tipping an upset against TWP from the very begining (ask krzzystuf), but it seems that it wont come... so now it must be against Another team, and this round, since Sheffield seems to be on the rise…

13 minutes ago, Fabou said:

dont be mad! I have been tipping an upset against TWP from the very begining (ask krzzystuf), but it seems that it wont come... so now it must be against Another team, and this round, since Sheffield seems to be on the rise…

I see Fabou that 40 must be your REALLY lucky number this week..........4 out of 6 games!!!

1 hour ago, Cameron Highlander said:

I see Fabou that 40 must be your REALLY lucky number this week..........4 out of 6 games!!!

Please note that I know already that i will not win our prediction challenge, so i dont know if "lucky" is the correct term for my 40 of the week ;)

7 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

looks like Leigh are very likely to make the top 4 now even after your old washed up rejects make it a clean 3-0 sweep at Lamport in a few weeks. it will be good to keep the rivalry going in SL.

2-3 SL sides dropping down this year?

Honestly,

No in my opinion I can't see that happening, it is going to be far harder than most people are considering, in fact I am expecting the best opportunity for a championship club will be in the MPG, there are some good player's in those bottom dwelling SL clubs, they are playing against faster and physically bigger teams each week, so they should be better prepared, albeit the competition in the championship has done no harm to their preperation, I think the best chance that Championship clubs have is they do not comply with the same structured attacks most SL teams adopt, playing more expansive can unrest them, but defense will ultimatley be the key to success.

That is my head talking, my heart says I hope you are correct and long may this rivalry continue, seems as though it has been around for a lot longer than 2 games!

29 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Honestly,

No in my opinion I can't see that happening, it is going to be far harder than most people are considering, in fact I am expecting the best opportunity for a championship club will be in the MPG, there are some good player's in those bottom dwelling SL clubs, they are playing against faster and physically bigger teams each week, so they should be better prepared, albeit the competition in the championship has done no harm to their preperation, I think the best chance that Championship clubs have is they do not comply with the same structured attacks most SL teams adopt, playing more expansive can unrest them, but defense will ultimatley be the key to success.

That is my head talking, my heart says I hope you are correct and long may this rivalry continue, seems as though it has been around for a lot longer than 2 games!

Yes, Defense is always the key/pb.

The teams in the Championship are not the same.. Toulouse, if in the top 4, will have pb in the middle against big powerfull SL forwards (imo). Twp and leigh wont have the same issue. 

I d like to believe that for championship sides, it depends on the possible momentum/victory off game 1 and/or 2...

Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers   - by 14
Toronto Wolfpack v Barrow Raiders - by 40
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions - by 28
Halifax v Batley Bulldogs - by 20
London Broncos v Swinton Lions - by 42
Rochdale Hornets v Toulouse Olympique - by 38

11 hours ago, POR said:

? Look someone has to make way for us! Last week I was about to tip Leigh and then changed back to Toulouse at the last minute. Doh!

Interesting games involving Fev and Fax. Sheffield seem to have found some form having a good win last week and Fev are short on players, they should have too much but its a banana skin. Batley will want to bounce back after a poor performance last week and are more than capable of giving us a game at the Shay over recent seasons. No team between 2-6 can afford a slip up in a game they "should" win.

Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers by 4
Toronto Wolfpack v Barrow Raiders by 56
Dewsbury Rams v Leigh Centurions by 38
Halifax v Batley Bulldogs by 10
Rochdale Hornets v Toulouse Olympique by 20

Archived