22 Jun: SL: Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/06/18 at 19:00

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6/5 Wigan win looks good value.

Although both sides are depleted Cas are without;

Gale, Mcmeeken, Watts, Mikner, Eden, Foster, JSL, Holmes, Minikin, Roberts, Turner.

Add to that Mcshane, Wardle, Millington, Ellis, Springer, Clare are all back injury this week or had to be taken off the field due to to injury vs KR.

I hope Paisley gets a game. He looks a great talent. Wane is harsh on Woods, but I think that is because he sees a genuine thinking half back of high quality. Should be a good game, and I think we will be fine, as last week showed we have got Wane's departure out of the system. Cas' missing players look just as key as ours, so, while the international call ups clearly leave us depleted, they could well have done the same to Cas if they had everyone fit. I hope our fans bring plenty of change for the bucket collection at half time. :) 

19 hours ago, dkw said:

How on earth is this not live on sky? 

indeed. anyone know why? I've checked the sky schedule and it's not like there's anything more important on.......some replay of an NFL game or something and some darts

1 hour ago, chuffer said:

indeed. anyone know why? I've checked the sky schedule and it's not like there's anything more important on.......some replay of an NFL game or something and some darts

Perhaps because it's a replay and Sky didn't want to put a rescheduled game that they never were intending to show in the first place on? It's a foresight and could have served as a nice bit of entertainment before the Denver game.

As for the game itself, never underestimate the backs against the wall mentality, particularly at home with fans on their backs. I reckon Cas will win this.

On 6/20/2018 at 7:18 PM, Davc1h said:

Should be a routine win for Wigan.

Cas really are down to bare bones and although Wigan have some missing too, their squad looks stronger.

Still the guys that do play will give their all.

Wigan by 12.

If Wigan win they will have done very well. It will be a tough game.

I read that Wigan are training on a short (and narrow?) pitch for the Cas game. Is it not pathetic that by now super league teams are not required to produce full sized pitches?

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I read that Wigan are training on a short (and narrow?) pitch for the Cas game. Is it not pathetic that by now super league teams are not required to produce full sized pitches?

Why are they practising on a narrow pitch? 

Also what are they practising differently on a short pitch other than kicking? 

On 6/20/2018 at 2:10 PM, Gates1 said:

6/5 Wigan win looks good value.

Although both sides are depleted Cas are without;

Gale, Mcmeeken, Watts, Mikner, Eden, Foster, JSL, Holmes, Minikin, Roberts, Turner.

Add to that Mcshane, Wardle, Millington, Ellis, Springer, Clare are all back injury this week or had to be taken off the field due to to injury vs KR.

Wardle out also I believe.

Probably be:

QLT,

Gill (or Claire)

Webster (or Gill)

Shenton

Hitchcox

Truman

Ellis

Millington

Mcshane

Clark (or Cook)

Moors

Cook (or Webster)

Massey

Springer, Green, Maher, Egodu (or Claire/Gill/Cook)

A few more quid placed on a Wigan win...

22 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Typical Sky not showing the match . Bet  they would kick something  off to show a Premier League game if it was re-arranged for a Friday night , for God sakes they have enough channels !

Although they can choose any game they want to show within there set number of games. They can’t just show extra games whenever they feel like it. 

I would be surprised if this turns out to be a classic. Cas have a lot of players missing - 37 out of their starting 13 according to Powell - and we can be dull as ditch water without O'Loughlin. So Sky may be proven right not to nab this at this stage. 

7 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

No what's pathetic is professional clubs blaming the size of a pitch for a bad result.

Maybe we should get a big pitch by renting a football clubs ground.?

3 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I would be surprised if this turns out to be a classic. Cas have a lot of players missing - 37 out of their starting 13 according to Powell - and we can be dull as ditch water without O'Loughlin. So Sky may be proven right not to nab this at this stage. 

Wow that is an injury crisis 

Just six radio stations doing commentary on this match - it's a disaster!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived