22 Jun: SL: Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/06/18 at 19:00

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

I feel like I see more the other way round and get the feeling Cas' dislike for Wigan far outweighs Wigans dislike for Cas. Feel free to prove me wrong.

I can't be arsed having such a dislike for opposition fans anymore. Disliking a team and having collective banter at the ground (rectum of Wigan chant at Wakey for example) is part and parcel I just think when I start being glad fans have a longer journey home is when I should probably take a step back.

My comment was prodomently aimed at the Wigan players.  A longer than normal with the Cas victory song ringing in their ears is absolutely fine be me.

1 minute ago, Gates1 said:

My comment was prodomently aimed at the Wigan players.  A longer than normal with the Cas victory song ringing in their ears is absolutely fine be me.

That makes it still a very unsporting and pathetic comment.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Can't argue with that.

1 hour ago, snapski said:

Suck it up

1 hour ago, Gates1 said:

Yessss get in.

Added bonus sounds like the M62 West closed, enjoy the journey home pie munchers.

1 hour ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Not seen you this angry in a while Padge- it’s only a game

Worraboot Gatesy and Snapper?

:unsure:

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

What is it with small village Yorkshire fans?

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

What is it with small village Yorkshire fans?

Jealously.  It's hard not living in the Metropolis that is Wigan. 

When you resort to trying to insult people for the size of the place the team they support comes from your really clutching at straws...

Here's another picture of your charismatic leader on happier to cheer you up.

20180622_233526.jpg

55 minutes ago, snapski said:

Dont believe the bile that it sounded well reffed on the radio, and yes I will mention OF’s fav Samkins, disputing every decision.

Samkins situation is ridiculous.  It's about time the refs started carrying camera phones, soon shut him up.

8 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Samkins situation is ridiculous.  It's about time the refs started carrying camera phones, soon shut him up.

Come back when you are sober.

Goodnight.

There was a period in the second half for maybe 15 mins when child drifted of somewhere and a game of rugby broke out. It was great. I have a horrible feeling child will be hauled in front of Cummings? and be made aware of his failings.

It seems to me that nowadays a game of SL is a vehicle for the Refs to demonstate their influence not control. 

A mate said it's unusual to boooooo a ref when your team won. Crackers game but do struggle sometimes when the contest is formed through the prism of the ref rather than the gameplay.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

On the actual game, with the reffing put to one side:

Massively impressed by the attitude of the Cas players tonight, if we ever get everyone fit Powell will have some selection headaches.  Putting aside a couple of errors from kicks (with the sun in their eyes) though QLT and Claire played blinders.  Criticised Webster early in the game but he picked up and was superb 2nd half.  Truemans passing was slick.  Best game I've seen from Springer in a couple of seasons.  Clark stepped up and looks a very good prospect.  But Junior Moors MOM for me, 80 minutes from the big man and looked back to his powerful bets.  Showed some real character throughout.

I don't like commenting on the ref, but for balance I'm going to. I thought he had a decent game.

Isa might've had a yellow card when he took out Hitchcox. The yellow for Matt Cook - if it was a crusher then It's a yellow. The end. I have no reason to believe it wasn't. So fair enough.

Frankly, I just flat out enjoyed a game between two side who, despite being depleted, gave it everything.

3 hours ago, Dunedan said:

I don't like commenting on the ref, but for balance I'm going to. I thought he had a decent game.

Isa might've had a yellow card when he took out Hitchcox. The yellow for Matt Cook - if it was a crusher then It's a yellow. The end. I have no reason to believe it wasn't. So fair enough.

Frankly, I just flat out enjoyed a game between two side who, despite being depleted, gave it everything.

Isa incident happened right in front of me, I am not sure there was a great deal of intent there. All the fans round me baying for a sending off but it was a yellow at the very most.

Cannot comment on the Cook one, too far away.

I tend to refrain from commenting on the refs decisions now. When you watch them back on replay, they tend to get most right.

I do agree with you though, it was quite a good game to watch. 2 depleted teams giving their all.

19 minutes ago, Davc1h said:

Isa incident happened right in front of me, I am not sure there was a great deal of intent there. All the fans round me baying for a sending off but it was a yellow at the very most.

Cannot comment on the Cook one, too far away.

I tend to refrain from commenting on the refs decisions now. When you watch them back on replay, they tend to get most right.

I do agree with you though, it was quite a good game to watch. 2 depleted teams giving their all.

Regardless of intent, it's a clear yellow based on the reckless nature of it.  Similar with the Cook one If he's inadvertently put him in a dangerous position (to Wanes credit he has said he didn't see anything in the Cook one).  

If both are yellow carded, no issue.  If neither are yellow carded no issue.  Consistency is all that is required.  That inconsistency could well have decided the game.

The problem in Wigan games is Tomkins constant need to natter and atempt influence the refs at every decision (and the officials apparent inability to tell him to go away).  Immediately after both of these incidents Tomkins was in the refs ear for over a minute.  This was the case at every decision.  He even ran over to the ref after the winning drop goal vigourasly claiming it should be disallowed for a rule that doesn't exist!

Similar with the penalties for moving off the mark, penalise them or don't but don't turn it into a lottery.

12 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Regardless of intent, it's a clear yellow based on the reckless nature of it.  Similar with the Cook one If he's inadvertently put him in a dangerous position (to Wanes credit he has said he didn't see anything in the Cook one).  

If both are yellow carded, no issue.  If neither are yellow carded no issue.  Consistency is all that is required.  That inconsistency could well have decided the game.

The problem in Wigan games is Tomkins constant need to natter and atempt influence the refs at every decision (and the officials apparent inability to tell him to go away).  Immediately after both of these incidents Tomkins was in the refs ear for over a minute.  This was the case at every decision.  He even ran over to the ref after the winning drop goal vigourasly claiming it should be disallowed for a rule that doesn't exist!

Similar with the penalties for moving off the mark, penalise them or don't but don't turn it into a lottery.

Yes fair comment on the yellow, I suppose it did end up being reckless.

As for Tomkins, done it for years not gonna change now but I try and see past it TBH.

15 hours ago, Gates1 said:

I suspect they will show themselves on here in due course ;)

So,  you can't name names because you made it all up, just like the rest of your posts, weighed down as you are by that massive chip on one shoulder, counterbalanced by the parrot on your other shoulder. "squark...it's the ref...is not fair...sir, sir, right to tell teacher..it was Tomkins wot done it! "   Are you quite sure you are not SteveReed100 in disguise?  ??

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

So,  you can't name names because you made it all up, just like the rest of your posts, weighed down as you are by that massive chip on one shoulder, counterbalanced by the parrot on your other shoulder. "squark...it's the ref...is not fair...sir, sir, right to tell teacher..it was Tomkins wot done it! "   Are you quite sure you are not SteveReed100 in disguise?  ??

If your not bright enough to work out who EW and Jim are, that's really not my problem. 

TBH you don't seem to be able to cope with someone giving their opinion on what they saw, because it conflicts with your peception and apparently what someone else said.  So you respond by waffling utter garbage like said post. Think that says plenty about you.   It's not really worthy of discussing the game with you because all you can do is quote what someone else said in a commentary and to be honest your dribble is boring the life out of me.

Archived