Barrow Saturday

TMF

Well guys, it looks like we've finally managed to get a full squad of 17 together for the game, all be it with a couple of local amateurs helping us, which will be a great experience for them. I know it sounds a bit strange to you but we've had more injuries than the the Battle Of The Somme these last few weeks. It is how it is for us. We're not complaining. This is a tough league for semi-pros. I would just like to know what you think the final score will be?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TMF said:

Well guys, it looks like we've finally managed to get a full squad of 17 together for the game, all be it with a couple of local amateurs helping us, which will be a great experience for them. I know it sounds a bit strange to you but we've had more injuries than the the Battle Of The Somme these last few weeks. It is how it is for us. We're not complaining. This is a tough league for semi-pros. I would just like to know what you think the final score will be?

For the local amateurs who are coming (I support this move) Barrow 1000, DR 0.

Well done Barrow by supporting your lads, what are their names and what are their numbers?.....I will cheer loudly for them when they come on and you will hear me shout "Barrow!" over the TV.

Ah, good point Kman. What TV? Can we watch? For info we have Chris Fleming who retired halfway through last season while playing for Barrow for work reasons and a local amateur Ben Garner who put his hand up and said i'll play. Ben is actually a BARLA Great Britain International, but we're talking amateur rugby here.  These lads will have about the tenth of the fitness levels your guys will have, but i'm pretty proud of them. I would love to watch the match and hear you shouting for us, lol. Don't think we're bringing many fans. It's holiday season here.

18 hours ago, manu266 said:

Your TV will be fine. You can watch if you pay your TV licence and subscription.

Oh manu. Licence is always paid but I wouldn't p... on SKY or BT if they were on fire.

22 minutes ago, TMF said:

Oh manu. Licence is always paid but I wouldn't p... on SKY or BT if they were on fire.

I'm with you on that one, cut the cord! They are stealing our money. You're lucky you have a big game on free tv tonight though.

Cheers mate but i'm struggling to find it on freeview. What channel? Then again, do I want to watch it, lol? 

1 hour ago, TMF said:

Cheers mate but i'm struggling to find it on freeview. What channel? Then again, do I want to watch it, lol? 

You can’t watch it live for free in the UK, it’s shown on Premier Sports but it’s repeated on FreeSports tomorrow morning at 3am and 10am. Channel 95, I think. 

6 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

You can’t watch it live for free in the UK, it’s shown on Premier Sports but it’s repeated on FreeSports tomorrow morning at 3am and 10am. Channel 95, I think. 

For the free game, I was refering to England-NZ on the BBC... Not a free game for us, but well for you...

16 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

Yes, good old BBC. I was quoting TMF, though, who mentioned Freeview. 

Cheers guys , but we can't watch it and even our local radio station can't be bothered. Are we winning yet?

Well, its kiwis 6-0 up into an empty American stadium. Are we bothered?

1 minute ago, BatleyBird said:

Oh @TMF, you’ve only got 14 players and Ryan Johnson is off early with what looks like a shoulder injury. 

Oh no. Here we go.

Update, Kiwis 12 -0

Thanks BB. Kiwis 12-England 6

How do you know? 

How are you watching it? I know i'm stupid.

Archived