the female commentator tw v dews

was like a lovely 1st date where you take a girl to an rl match for the first time ever- well done to nobby for steering her through, quite charming and endearing and a lot different to stevo and mick morgan - I wonder if she will end up saying ( a cant spake) when she gets to grips with the game a bit better.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

27 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

was like a lovely 1st date where you take a girl to an rl match for the first time ever- well done to nobby for steering her through, quite charming and endearing and a lot different to stevo and mick morgan - I wonder if she will end up saying ( a cant spake) when she gets to grips with the game a bit better.

Truth be told she was pitiful and it was downright funny at first, then became an embarrassment.

The posh-sounding English guy with the soccer background was poor, but she wasn't an improvement.  The Canadian guy who did play-by-play for one match last year would be good as a regular commentator.

I liked her...found it very refreshing...Noble was clearly taken with this Canadian Amazon.

Give her a chance...a few games at least.  The onfield interview girl was good also...the whole thing was very Canadian...for the British fans, these two women are really the way we are over here.

Keep them on!

7 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

The plummy English dude came over as too much of a yawnion guy on secondment.

There's a lot of it about!

7 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

She's called Natalie Stoberman

Well she certainly made it different!

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I liked her...found it very refreshing..

Yes definitely

And look at the marked contrast with the awful sexist rubbish over the Beeb's FWC woman commentator  ......

I'm too busy with music & TGG to watch football

Mind you some miserable RL fan's bound to turn up sooner or later and saying she brought about a cataclysmic rift between the RFL and Super League or "It's not like when Eddie Waring were a lad!" or "And what's wrong with our Dave's aunty Margaret's full time summing up on Batley 406FM?"

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Very talented young lady.Degree in journalism,intern at CBC Sports,NBA. TV Canada and TSN.Reported on Toronto Raptors,Toronto Rock Lacrosse,Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Maple Leafs And has also done a Pan Am games.Vidioe journalist,associate producer C.B.C. reporter, ,production assistant,Digital host and writer.I wonder when she finds the time to do the washing up !.This young lady will rise to the top of the sports media and i think she may be able to teach Nobby a thing or two.

I enjoyed her commentary. It was raw, naive in parts, but very trying andfull of effort. You can tell she enjoys the game so I naturally support her inclusion in the commentary box. 

The sideline reporter was class calling Dewsbury's gaffer 'Coach Kelly' haha. Love it!

There's a bigger picture here than whether she is a top-quality RL commentator who could step into Dave Woods' shoes tomorrow

If you look at her portfolio, summarised by sentoffagain above, she is clearly very well-connected and respected in the Toronto sports broadcasting market. Check out http://www.nataliestoberman.com

Having her doing the commentary is actually a coup for the Wolfpack. If she actually becomes a fan of RL, then it could open all kinds of doors for TW.  From her Twitter last weekend she really enjoyed the game and is very much looking forward to this week, when I am sure she will improve

It's a great move for TW to have her onboard.

4 hours ago, Oxford said:

There's a lot of it about!

Well she certainly made it different!

Yes definitely

And look at the marked contrast with the awful sexist rubbish over the Beeb's FWC woman commentator  ......

I'm too busy with music & TGG to watch football

Mind you some miserable RL fan's bound to turn up sooner or later and saying she brought about a cataclysmic rift between the RFL and Super League or "It's not like when Eddie Waring were a lad!" or "And what's wrong with our Dave's aunty Margaret's full time summing up on Batley 406FM?"

I didn’t know Vicki Sparks was getting stick on the footy . She was excellent ... and had Martin Keown to contend with to . 

She's not an expert at the game, but neither will be a lot of the TV audience. 

She made more sense than Noble, who I find embarrassing. Not sure what Canadians think of his "expert analysis", but he needs to be explaining the game, not trying to be clever "theres a 1000 ways to skin a cat"  what does this mean?

I watched Myton v West Hull the other day, it was the first time I’ve watched the Conference stuff on FreeSports and I was looking forward to it but in the end, I turned it off. The commentary was a joke.

We, as a game, need eloquent and clear speaking people talking about the game on TV and radio and people like Morgan and Garry Schofield need bombing out. Jenna Brooks is fantastic on Sky and should be headlining the game for me. Brian Carney is abysmal. He constantly makes errors and mixes up teams and venues when reading fixtures out let alone when a game is on. The Chuckle Brothers of O’Connor and McDermott are as funny as an attack of glandular fever and Phil ‘Wigan’ Clarke should have been sacked after he said Danny McGuire deserved an injury and when his brother advised Denny Solomona to retire from the game. 

13 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I watched Myton v West Hull the other day, it was the first time I’ve watched the Conference stuff on FreeSports and I was looking forward to it but in the end, I turned it off. The commentary was a joke.

It was certainly cringe worthy. TH is OK but MM is well past his sell by date.

rldfsignature.jpg

The "plummy English guy" is mainly a Football commentator, so I assume he's in Russia for the duration of the World Cup. He was doing a good job, IMO, and most complaints I've read seem to centre around his "not one of us" accent.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

She made more sense than Noble, who I find embarrassing. Not sure what Canadians think of his "expert analysis", but he needs to be explaining the game, not trying to be clever "theres a 1000 ways to skin a cat"  what does this mean?

Thought I was the only one who can’t do with him and his over clever drivel . ‘ Good D ‘ . Is defence so hard to say

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Very talented young lady.Degree in journalism,intern at CBC Sports,NBA. TV Canada and TSN.Reported on Toronto Raptors,Toronto Rock Lacrosse,Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Maple Leafs And has also done a Pan Am games.Vidioe journalist,associate producer C.B.C. reporter, ,production assistant,Digital host and writer.I wonder when she finds the time to do the washing up !.This young lady will rise to the top of the sports media and i think she may be able to teach Nobby a thing or two.

With a CV like that, she could and should done a much better job than she did last Saturday.  She needs to spend some time watching match videos to understand the game and listen to how other commentators describe the action.

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

We, as a game, need eloquent and clear speaking people talking about the game on TV and radio and people like Morgan and Garry Schofield need bombing out. Jenna Brooks is fantastic on Sky and should be headlining the game for me. Brian Carney is abysmal. He constantly makes errors and mixes up teams and venues when reading fixtures out let alone when a game is on. The Chuckle Brothers of O’Connor and McDermott are as funny as an attack of glandular fever and Phil ‘Wigan’ Clarke should have been sacked after he said Danny McGuire deserved an injury and when his brother advised Denny Solomona to retire from the game. 

What a fantastic post. Very well said. 

40 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The "plummy English guy" is mainly a Football commentator, so I assume he's in Russia for the duration of the World Cup. He was doing a good job, IMO, and most complaints I've read seem to centre around his "not one of us" accent.

For me it was some basic errors which he's prone to because his background is soccer rather than RL or gridiron, e.g. characterizing a player as "going all the way" from only 30 metres out.  No Canadian would ever say something so stupid, we all understand that a player can only go "all the way" from their own end of the field.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It means that there are many different paths to accomplish a goal.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Thought I was the only one who can’t do with him and his over clever drivel . ‘ Good D ‘ . Is defence so hard to say

He is using Canadian lingo....the game is in Canada and it is a Canadian team so we use Canadian lingo...

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Noble’s always been like that. In all his years of doing the Cup on BBC, he’s spoke incoherent rubbish with a load of American/Australian jargon thrown in. 

What you want/need for both the BBC and Canadian TV, where the game may not be familiar to all is somebody that can offer a simple explanation from a player’s point of view. Jon Wilkin is very good, I’ve been surprised at how well Eorl Crabtree speaks and I’m a big fan of Tony Rea’s. 

Archived