Most capped internationals

28 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

James Graham will win his 40th cap for England tomorrow, he's already England's most capped player, Gary Schofield and Mick Sullivan both have 46 caps for GB and Darren Lockyer has 59 for Aus which I believe no one has played more international games than Lockyer?

You're probably right with Lockyer. I can't think of anyone else who'd be in the running. Mal Meninga had a very long representative career, but only amassed 46 Kangaroo caps.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Garry Schofield and Mick Sullivan hold the record for the most Tests by a British player after each represented Great Britain 46 times and made three appearances for England but Graham's overall tally will be 45 after the Denver Test – of which 40 have been for England.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/21/golden-lion-england-prop-james-graham-closing-in-on-test-record/

30 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

I think Rueben Wiki won over 50 caps for the Kiwis.

Ruben Wiki played 55 times for the Kiwis. He also played a few games for the NZ Maori, but does that count as a full international cap?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I am sure it stands as Lockyer out on 59,Cam Smith on, 56 Reuben Wiki on 55 as the top 3 and the only players to have played over 50 games for the National team.

Has Smith retired from international rugby?

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Ruben Wiki played 55 times for the Kiwis. He also played a few games for the NZ Maori, but does that count as a full international cap?

God knows! At one point the RFL recognised RLWC games as test matches, but the Aussies refused to. I think they eventually relented on that though. So Maori might be a test cap, if it was in the World Cup...?...but might not be if it was during a tour...?

Could be a can of worms!

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Counting all the tour games over four Kangaroo tours Mal would have to be Australia's most capped player I assume. But yes, for test caps Lockyer is out in front. And he gave a great interview the other night when he was nominated to be an 'immortal'. He said his test career was the proudest part of his career and what he did on those ashes tours being his career highlight. Great to hear him talk about that. Too many Australians wouldn't even know about how he carried Australia to that series win, in hostile territory, in 2003.

1 hour ago, Southerner80 said:

Meninga played 84 times for Oz. It's a shame looking at how few tests are played now... It would take 10-12 years for a player to rack up 50 caps for Oz or England. 

84 really? Don’t think it was that many. Where did you get that number from?

2 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Meninga played 84 times for Oz. It's a shame looking at how few tests are played now... It would take 10-12 years for a player to rack up 50 caps for Oz or England. 

That would include all the tour games he played in as well a Test matches and WC games. Bearing in mind he toured the UK and France four times.

rldfsignature.jpg

21 hours ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

James Graham will win his 40th cap for England tomorrow, he's already England's most capped player, Gary Schofield and Mick Sullivan both have 46 caps for GB and Darren Lockyer has 59 for Aus which I believe no one has played more international games than Lockyer?

For a prop to play so many games is a hell of an achievement.  Great player and professional imo.  

I hope he can transform some of his ‘steel’ into the game when he decides to retire from playing.

Archived