Vin de Dragons

I know that David Ferriol has a vineyard (I think Eddie and Stevo had been his guests and used to enthuse about its produce!)  There is a piece about it here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1s8QOzysNg 

Is it possible to buy his wine in the UK?  If so, where? 

Do any other Dragons' players have a wine-making background?

4 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Not sure but I know that Gigot likes to milk it every now and then 

I imagine a glass of red from Roussillon would go nicely with a well-cooked gigot.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

39 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I imagine a glass of red from Roussillon would go nicely with a well-cooked gigot.

That joke is predicated on any British commentator ever managing to pronounce Tony's surname correctly.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Surely as he's from Provence it'd be a Cote de Rhone ?

Not a player but their CEO's (Chrisophe) father used to run a cooperatif near Avignon and he certainly knows his wine and may still be involved with the wine trade. SOA XIII have had their own wine in the past when Christophe was involved there.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

One of the joys of a dragons match being on the itinerary is the chance to but a bib or two.

Does anyone have a favourite place to buy?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

Blue Nun for me.

Amazingly, that stuff's still around. Maybe they have reformulated it and it is a really good bottle of bargain plonk these days, but I can't bring myself to find out. What would people think if they saw me put that on the conveyor belt at the supermarket? ?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Amazingly, that stuff's still around. Maybe they have reformulated it and it is a really good bottle of bargain plonk these days, but I can't bring myself to find out. What would people think if they saw me put that on the conveyor belt at the supermarket? ?

Put your snobbery to a side Futtocks and go with what you want and don’t worry about what others think.

rldfsignature.jpg

Just now, deluded pom? said:

Put your snobbery to a side Futtocks and go with what you want and don’t worry about what others think.

Not just (admittedly) snobbery, but also the memories of sweetened gutrot, from the days before you could actually choose different countries and grape varieties, even in a corner shop. And the weather is currently warm enough that I don't need any anti-freeze in my bloodstream: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_diethylene_glycol_wine_scandal

Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 minutes ago, Oxford said:

One of the joys of a dragons match being on the itinerary is the chance to but a bib or two.

Does anyone have a favourite place to buy?

For the Pellissier family place up at St Paul

http://www.maspeyre.com/

if you want to go and meet a couple with a fascinating back story, and sample some wonderful wine not far from Perpignan

http://www.domainetreloar.com/

28 minutes ago, timtum said:

For the Pellissier family place up at St Paul

http://www.maspeyre.com/

if you want to go and meet a couple with a fascinating back story, and sample some wonderful wine not far from Perpignan

http://www.domainetreloar.com/

Thanks very much for that really appreciate it

I want to make a list so does anyone else have a suggestion or two?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

Thanks very much for that really appreciate it

I want to make a list so does anyone else have a suggestion or two?

Just head out of Perpignan on the D117, you can't go wrong??.

We're living down here now and are looking to open our ground floor as a self contained holiday apartment (avec piscine). I was considering offering long weekends to folks who want to come down and watch their team play the Dragons and experience another side of the beautiful Pyreneese.

Loving life.

14 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

It’s not snobbery to dislike cheap sweet plonk is it?   I’m not a champagne fan, but I was lucky enough to get Dom Perignon for free every time I travelled back home to the UK during my previous employment (normally unaffordable at $120 a bottle)...   believe me I made the most of it, and I wouldn’t touch any other champagne now (not that I’ll ever get chance to drink it again).

The older I get the more I appreciate a good dark local pint anyway...   real ale is unappreciated by anyone outside Germany or the UK...! ?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

10 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

No but it's snobbery to like cheap sweet plonk but not drink it because you are concerned what others think of you.

I think he was just playing on the old ‘blue nun reputation’ joke.   I’m thinking of booking a week’s holiday for the family at a nice resort hotel near Benidorm.   I’m not a snob, but if people ask where I’m going on holiday I’ll defintiely be saying Spain, not Benidorm...?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Archived