Jam eaters takeover

Rango

Surely the BOD have to go on a major charm offensive now and get the "in it together" mentality going to try and keep their heads above water for the short term.  The next step is a players wage cut and any other unpopular cost cutting that has to happen.

Hard to tell where the truth lies in this whole fiasco. I have had reservations about the mystery consortium that appeared out of the blue, but I wouldn't have any faith in some of their BOD. I wouldnt let TT run the bank at a game of monopoly .

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

#haven2019

Wouldn't be surprised,when is this going to be seen as cheating? Paying for players you cant afford(how many times have we said how do they afford it?)and they get people to feel sorry for them costing Town in the process ie Doncaster subsidising their supporters. I dont want to see them disappear before the jam mafia arrive but ffs stop taking the pi$$ like....

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

If they don’t ask players for a cut they’re taking the mick out of loyal supporters. When we were in bother we did and some of the players revolted and hated the club for it. If they’ve any business nous they have to though

not sure they have though as they’re extending the 10 quid offer which won’t generate any extra fans as has been proved but will just reduce income 

Sounds like there is an important bill Haven have to pay in the statement. The importance they have put on it probably means its HMRC or VAT, that they can't avoid. They may already be behind in payments

Forster and others have said that all players have been and and in full, which probably means other creditors haven't. As a few have said already on here  it will need a pay cut for the players from now, which is right

If they manage to survive this year, with the investors now pulling the plug, and haven having to use next years season ticket sales to survive this year, what on earth are they going to do next season. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

After appealing to local businesses , fans etc to bail them out then going into administration and cutting them all loose would be really awful ... then pop back up and say support us and give us money again , let’s move on . This whole mismanagement over quite some time really is very poor seemingly on a lot of speculation and hope

Saying on radio the reason for pulling the plug on the deal was no full financial disclosure by Haven and a paranoia of them planning to merge them with Town.So if they would rather run the risk of going bust than even contemplate a merger they must sure hate us with a passion and find it difficult to have any sympathy really.

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

After appealing to local businesses , fans etc to bail them out then going into administration and cutting them all loose would be really awful ... then pop back up and say support us and give us money again , let’s move on . This whole mismanagement over quite some time really is very poor seemingly on a lot of speculation and hope

It seems we were right about last seasons "s*** or bust" spending, and as much as I have sympathy for the fans the board have got no one to blame other than themselves. 

20 minutes ago, dkw said:

It seems we were right about last seasons "s*** or bust" spending, and as much as I have sympathy for the fans the board have got no one to blame other than themselves. 

Indeed , didn’t they even say more than once everything was into getting promotion . It’s like a big stakes gamble which in running a club / business really does seem strange 

When you see the constraints our board had to work under and are still working through after the pay cut season / scenario you got to applaud every single one of them whether still here or not on the board. 

To diligently work through that tough year, accept that we weren't going to be top end side,take the knocks and work through the debtors and show a more proactive longer term view shows true humility and I have no sympathy for the actions of the board down the road. Some legacy their going to leave. Disgraceful practice and they should barred from being directors of any company.

I remember that heavy defeat by haven at home in the 8s, it was absolute torture to watch to the bitter end but the sacrifices like that will make the successes mean that much more. 

Let's rally round our club once more and help push us on into the playoffs. There is a lot of good folk deserve it down there.

Utt

33 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

When you see the constraints our board had to work under and are still working through after the pay cut season / scenario you got to applaud every single one of them whether still here or not on the board. 

To diligently work through that tough year, accept that we weren't going to be top end side,take the knocks and work through the debtors and show a more proactive longer term view shows true humility and I have no sympathy for the actions of the board down the road. Some legacy their going to leave. Disgraceful practice and they should barred from being directors of any company.

I remember that heavy defeat by haven at home in the 8s, it was absolute torture to watch to the bitter end but the sacrifices like that will make the successes mean that much more. 

Let's rally round our club once more and help push us on into the playoffs. There is a lot of good folk deserve it down there.

Utt

Excellent post mate.Hitting the nail right on the head.?Their bod has been reckless with the lack of financial nous.Could they not see it coming ,we did.

The difference is that we have a BOD who understand rugby league as a sport and how it has to be run from a business point of view

It seems like theyre only scratching the surface of the true financial position theyre in at Haven and some kind of Insolvency event seems inevitable

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

On 6/26/2018 at 9:31 AM, Chrome Dome said:

Yep loyalty to Town prevails. And I had hair when the 'M' word surfaced....been through it all so many many times....the same old arguments just recycle. Let me add I would love a billionaire to fund a top west Cumbrian outfit..but it's always a dream. As for your ref, in brackets, to " concessionary ticket prices" it's something for you to look forward to....

Apologies CD and possibly Unicorn for the assumption.

Well at least Marrafan and Unicorn have found common ground which is nice but I just don't get your determination to watch both teams fade away. Maybe you might both be right and in the long run and 'we're all doomed' but surely some change would generate new momentum and as the old adage goes "better to have tried and failed than not tried at all" ? 

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

Indeed , didn’t they even say more than once everything was into getting promotion . It’s like a big stakes gamble which in running a club / business really does seem strange 

Unfortunately an insane hatred of Town has driven them to act irresponsibly in a desperat attempt to constantly get one over on us.

Youve got to feel for players like Shacks who was given a 5 year deal and who has kids and possibly may have budgeted his own life around it.

Why should anyone fell sorry for any player who has followed the money train, at the end of the day the vast majority of the players are in it for the money and will go to the highest bidder, and anyone who thinks different is a fool, 

Archived