Jam eaters takeover

Rango

At the end of the day their own fans are calling local businesses for not putting money in... just because you own a business doesn't mean its flourishing or that they have money to throw about. Sure i also seen somewhere a week or so ago that they needed the 60K by the 29th and they've just put on their twitter with pledges and money raised there at 54K. While i do feel for some of the players their are others that honestly i don't as they were quick enough to jump ship when we were struggling. Goes to show the grass ain't always greener on the other side. They have also gone (Fans) calling for the RFL to bail then out yet in the same sentence calling them all the names under the increasingly hot sun.  

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JMB said:

Why should anyone fell sorry for any player who has followed the money train, at the end of the day the vast majority of the players are in it for the money and will go to the highest bidder, and anyone who thinks different is a fool, 

isn't like the old days where when you signed for a club it was for majority if not all your playing time

10 minutes ago, Cl1998 said:

At the end of the day their own fans are calling local businesses for not putting money in... just because you own a business doesn't mean its flourishing or that they have money to throw about. Sure i also seen somewhere a week or so ago that they needed the 60K by the 29th and they've just put on their twitter with pledges and money raised there at 54K. While i do feel for some of the players their are others that honestly i don't as they were quick enough to jump ship when we were struggling. Goes to show the grass ain't always greener on the other side. They have also gone (Fans) calling for the RFL to bail then out yet in the same sentence calling them all the names under the increasingly hot sun.  

Some great deflection of blame and responsibility going on then 

26 minutes ago, JMB said:

Why should anyone fell sorry for any player who has followed the money train, at the end of the day the vast majority of the players are in it for the money and will go to the highest bidder, and anyone who thinks different is a fool, 

Because he was promised it for 5 years and has a family and it’s not his fault the people in charge can’t run a rugby club.

5 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Because he was promised it for 5 years and has a family and it’s not his fault the people in charge can’t run a rugby club.

Anyone with a brain cell never signs anything in RL for more than 2 year at a time 

4 hours ago, Oneday said:

Apologies CD and possibly Unicorn for the assumption.

No prob Oneday....it's always highly emotive re M word, but can't see it happening  -  o.k. not in my time then, but for now I'll be wishing and hoping for a win at Oldham.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Some great deflection of blame and responsibility going on then 

It's moved on from that now, they're now congratulating their board for seeing through Harvey's BS !

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

34 minutes ago, Derwent said:

It's moved on from that now, they're now congratulating their board for seeing through Harvey's BS !

Surely they aren't that deluded, their board was still begging him after he walked away.

Isn't there some part of Haven that the RFL own? Think it was the result of the last time they went under/shafted local businesses. May be wrong.......

49 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Isn't there some part of Haven that the RFL own? Think it was the result of the last time they went under/shafted local businesses. May be wrong.......

No, the RFL own the lease on the stadium and sub-let it to Haven.

25 minutes ago, Cl1998 said:

Haven must spend their money before the end of month 

25 minutes ago, Cl1998 said:

Haven must spend their money before the end of month 

What happens after that? This is next years money ? oh well worry about that later, that’s why they are f**ked.

43 minutes ago, Brookie said:

I thought that the miners welfare owned the lease

The Miners own the land that the Rec is built on, it is then leased by the Miners to the RFL who in turn lease it to Haven. Same as the Bradford Council > RFL > Bulls setup at Odsal. The RFL also own the lease on Keighley’s ground and a 40% share of Rochdale’s stadium.

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

I presume that means they have a bill to pay, tax bill probably. 

Perhaps, but I’d think it was more likely to be the monthly wages. Might be some unhappy players soon.

1 hour ago, shaun mc said:

The miners own the ground under a charity and Haven rent the rugby pitch and surrounds from the RL Foundation charity.  The grandstand and other buildings are the property of Haven but would be no use to them if they went bust as they would either hand them over to the miners or pull them down which I presume would require funding. This is one reason I cannot understand the cost of shares because all you would be getting is player contracts in reality.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Just now, Derwent said:

Perhaps, but I’d think it was more likely to be the monthly wages. Might be some unhappy players soon.

No they play for the love of it and the club itself unlike our mercenaries who insist on being paid 

Wonder if Mr Harvey fancies a bit of investment in a much sounder prospect 10 miles North? He wouldn't get control but it's a much more attractive proposition for him. ?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

8 hours ago, Oneday said:

Well at least Marrafan and Unicorn have found common ground which is nice but I just don't get your determination to watch both teams fade away. Maybe you might both be right and in the long run and 'we're all doomed' but surely some change would generate new momentum and as the old adage goes "better to have tried and failed than not tried at all" ? 

I support town mate end of.

3 hours ago, Keith T said:

The miners own the ground under a charity and Haven rent the rugby pitch and surrounds from the RL Foundation charity.  The grandstand and other buildings are the property of Haven but would be no use to them if they went bust as they would either hand them over to the miners or pull them down which I presume would require funding. This is one reason I cannot understand the cost of shares because all you would be getting is player contracts in reality.

Thanks Derwent & Keith T for the info - I knew you'd know!

12 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Wonder if Mr Harvey fancies a bit of investment in a much sounder prospect 10 miles North? He wouldn't get control but it's a much more attractive proposition for him. ?

Not even if he paid for me new beach towel?

Archived