Jam eaters takeover

Rango

11 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

I support town mate end of.

So there is talk of a new ground. A thriving and successful 'Town' is of course by far the best scenario ?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a new stadium is becoming a distinct possibility whilst Haven are currently working out how much a pot costs so they can at least p### in it. 

Aparently that's all Harvey wanted to know. 

If I was a young Cumbrian I know who id be looking to play for.....futures bright the futures Town. 

Utt

10 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

So a new stadium is becoming a distinct possibility whilst Haven are currently working out how much a pot costs so they can at least p### in it. 

Aparently that's all Harvey wanted to know. 

If I was a young Cumbrian I know who id be looking to play for.....futures bright the futures Town. 

Utt

with the reds juniors and reds in the communiy it would be great if town could get some kind of youth set up. youth football and rugby games as curtain raiser. maybe had the odd day when both teams play on the same day and offer a double header ticket etc

4 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

with the reds juniors and reds in the communiy it would be great if town could get some kind of youth set up. youth football and rugby games as curtain raiser. maybe had the odd day when both teams play on the same day and offer a double header ticket etc

Reds should be really proud of their youth setup rockerlad, I am always seeing  youth kids in town with the reds tee shirts on  its a credit to the club, its something hopefully Town could follow , it makes sense both clubs running from the same ground it would be used all week and not sitting empty for the majority of the time , bring it on I say and well done everyone with the vision to make this happen.

Town have had the opportunity this season to get involved with new community schools programme that Marnie Jackson heads up, but they haven't shown much interest unlike Haven, Marnie now works from a office given to her by them.

5 minutes ago, JMB said:

Town have had the opportunity this season to get involved with new community schools programme that Marnie Jackson heads up, but they haven't shown much interest unlike Haven, Marnie now works from a office given to her by them.

Town are getting starting to get involved in schools JMB, I know this as my daughter works in one, it may be taking time but they are moving in the right direction.

Town & Reds could boom with this new stadium.. As for haven their own downfall has nothing to do with anyone but themselves and spending beyond their means. Surprised they aren't begging town to merge as IMO its the only way they'd (Whitehaven) survive. It's all good going into administration but it's a revolving cycle at haven. it hasn't taken them 8 full years to end up back here.... UTT 

1 hour ago, JMB said:

I have never seen anything at haven like she did at Town having watched the Bulls game and being at the dump for the derby there was nothing. yea plenty of little ones but they could've organised a half time match or something pre match.... Town are doing well atm in that sense. 

9 hours ago, JMB said:

The community schools programme is for the amateur clubs to go in with the cumbria foundation to attract players to their clubs, Marnie has been doing a 50/50 split with Allerdale and Copeland.

What people don't realise is that in the days when town and haven were better there was a lot more vibrant amateur game which the community foundation is aiming to encourage so who supports what doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

10 hours ago, JMB said:

Absolute rubbish. There’s currently discussions at a higher level surrounding the fact the new ‘jount’ Community scheme is mysteriously concentrating more on Copeland these days.

25 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Town could do a lot worse than look at how well the reds in the community set up has worked in the last 12 months,with elite development age groups,work in schools and camps in holiday times accross west cumbria 

I agree. They do loads in schools at the moment.

3 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Absolute rubbish. There’s currently discussions at a higher level surrounding the fact the new ‘jount’ Community scheme is mysteriously concentrating more on Copeland these days.

Marnie lives in Copeland so maybe easier for her to concentrate on that area. Sad if that is the case and not Right the RL need to be looking at this. 

21 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Sadly not rubbish, as Marnie is going in to both Copeland and Allerdale schools equality, I'm sure she can give you a copy of her schedule if you want to clarify this with the schools, the schools she is not going in to in Maryport have Maryport arlfc coaches going in to them, and at the last west Cumbria youth league meeting I'm sure Glasson were also looking to help out in the schools, 

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Sadly not rubbish, as Marnie is going in to both Copeland and Allerdale schools equality, I'm sure she can give you a copy of her schedule if you want to clarify this with the schools, the schools she is not going in to in Maryport have Maryport arlfc coaches going in to them, and at the last west Cumbria youth league meeting I'm sure Glasson were also looking to help out in the schools, 

How dare you question GT. He will have evidence of it so he must be right. Marnie works out of Whitehaven cos Town kicked her out of the office there.

20 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

How dare you question GT. He will have evidence of it so he must be right. Marnie works out of Whitehaven cos Town kicked her out of the office there.

Behave yourself, she wasn't "kicked out" at all. 

12 hours ago, JMB said:

And that’s why there’s higher level discussions on it.........?

2 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

And that’s why there’s higher level discussions on it.........?

Tell us more Geordie Shore! You seem to know all about it so please share. What evidence is there of her concentrating more on Copeland because I haven’t seen that much evidence of it. Happy to admit I’m wrong if your stats prove it so. Please enlighten us so we can have a reasonable debate based on facts and figures rather than rumour and insinuation. 

1 hour ago, GeordieTownie said:

God you bore me

Snap! You make comments on here without substance. Rather than a glib or sarcastic comment why not put something meaningful on, if you know, so we can debate it. Or do you just like to think you are right all the time? Should be used to a bit of debate I hear.

Archived