A new all time low

ormskirknet

The defeat was not unexpected given the "prize" that Toulouse and five others are chasing, initially a place in the Super 8's and a chance for SL.  That prize took on a greater dimension recently, with the announcement by the SL Cabal that it will (perhaps now may?) only be on offer for this season, before reverting to 1 up/down from 2019.  All the teams at the mercy of these 6 teams conceded 40 plus points this weekend.  In fact, watching the scorelines today, you could envisage that 4 of them were trying to match each other!  Of course, two of the 6 will miss the top 8's, and their reaction/fall-out will be an interesting watch.  Also, they will feature in the bottom 8 play-off - and will affect that outcome, one way or another.

The fact that we have shipped near 140 points in two games does not help the club in any way, allowing even for the disparity of full-time/ financial status.  The stupid sin-binning today, with 15mins remaining, allowed a rampant Toulouse to ramp up an extra 22points.  I hope our Coach can get a settled side for the play-offs, but with Fev, Leigh, Toronto and Fax yet to be faced, it's hoped the troops will be still up for them.

Staying in this division has now, if reports are to be believed is now crucial. It is said that funding next season in the Championship will be equal meaning Hornets income would more than double to 314 thousand pounds. If money men are out there i hope  they invest on July 7th, its not too late yet. 

https://t.co/IgmcyLVnWO

One for your book to SCRAP!  Too many Hornets' defensive 'lapses', but some classy play by TO.  Emphasised again, the huge gulf between full-time, moneyed sides and most part-timers in this league. 

The Championship's current graduated funding is at odds with the other divisions' equalised central funding.  So, sorry Excolt it seems to be continuing awhile.  See below - which followed the "statement" by the new Super League CEO:

For 2019, the Championship & L1 clubs (these clubs have their own advisory group) recent statement:

“The position of the ‘Advisory Group’ has consistently been one whereby the best interests of Rugby League must rank ahead of the needs of a few wealthy club owners.

“And that importantly a competition structure and format, with associated funding is in place until the end of 2021, and that any changes prior to 2021 would require the agreement of the Championship and League 1 clubs, in consultation with the RFL and its broadcast partners.

“Otherwise no changes could be contemplated or sanctioned to the competition or funding structure prior to the expiry of the existing agreements which run until the end of 2021"

It will require a lot of character from Hornets through the next games to be in the right frame of mind come the relegation decider Shield games.  Based on last season's Shield games, we shall need min. 6 points more than we have now to survive - I think we will need at least 8 more.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, ormskirknet said:

It’s about as bad as I ever remember.

dissaray on and off the pitch, somebody needs to get a grip, if not I’ve got some serious doubt about our future.

cant be arsed on AND off the pitch.

Its not a new low, that was 0-109 with Cas, we came out of that.

7 hours ago, mickhornet said:

Its not a new low, that was 0-109 with Cas, we came out of that.

What was the name of the Castleford coach driver who stood in as referee. ? 17-1 penalty count against us and two sin binning's.  

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

20 hours ago, ArthurDaley said:

What was the name of the Castleford coach driver who stood in as referee. ? 17-1 penalty count against us and two sin binning's.  

Can you remember the Hornets coach Arthur? one game only I think,brother of the normal coach,first name Sean? 

On 6/27/2018 at 5:28 PM, Heywood Tiger said:

We’re down let’s not kid ourselves, might as well start preparing a team to challenge in League 1 which is where we probably belong looking at the club on and off the pitch. 

Factors outside the battle for safety may yet have a say in the outcome.  Barrow has today issued a statement in which it says they came within hours of going out of existence last Wednesday evening.

https://barrowrlfc.com/2018/06/statement-from-david-sharpe-on-behalf-of-the-club/

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Factors outside the battle for safety may yet have a say in the outcome.  Barrow has today issued a statement in which it says they came within hours of going out of existence last Wednesday evening.

https://barrowrlfc.com/2018/06/statement-from-david-sharpe-on-behalf-of-the-club/

I've read it,our game at lower league is in a right sodding mess.These are indeed worrying times for us all.

Sadly, Keighley has issued a similar statement to that of Barrow and of course Whitehaven is going through similar problems.

https://keighleycougars.com/club-statement-a-message-from-simon-neil/

How true is the following proposal within that statement?:

The Rugby Football League have now made it clear to clubs such as ourselves, Barrow and Whitehaven that there is no longer a pot of money available to save these community clubs and although they will support with the advice and professional administration that they are looking for a return on investment for all clubs in the professional game.

As a club we need to bear in mind that from 2021 that the Super League will be taking over Rugby League and the proposal is that there will be 20/24 clubs forming a Super League and a Super League 2 with those not involved being moved to the National Conference League as an amateur club.

Not withstanding the individual clubs' problems, perhaps any meetings between the Championship and League 1 clubs will take on some urgency.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, mickhornet said:

Can you remember the Hornets coach Arthur? one game only I think,brother of the normal coach,first name Sean? 

No.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

Looking at todays result it has managed to get worse.

Did we compete or did they lie down ?

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

We’ve got worse week by week, regardless of the opposition. We’ve gone from getting narrowly beaten by Totonto to yesterday’s shipping a point a minute. Our go forward is ###### poor and attacking structures are so predictable. The defence is just embarrassing at times, there’s just no fight or desire. Like I’ve been saying for weeks, the players aren’t responding to this coaching team. 

Is it too late to change the outcome of our season? I think so but I hope not, get beat this weekend and we’re done. 

There is a lot of effort in the team no one can fault that but we are not good enough at this level this year, we are not making the right decisions. we have the worst attack and defence with a points difference of -505 that's 147 worse that the 2nd worst and this shows we don't know what we are doing in the key areas of the pitch the question is what is that down to, the players?, staff?,  something else?, or a combination of a number of things?.

We played three of the top five in a row, two of which where full time and that has to be taken into consideration but even than we did not play to a standard that is acceptable. The problem with us like most teams in out predicament is that we are inconsistent and we play great one week at home to Toronto or at home to Halifax come to mind, but terrible the next week Swinton at the summer bash or a number of other occasions come to mind. And with the championship shield coming up we need consistency.

I'll just throw in there that Barrow took just 14 players to Toronto and conceded 64 points, the week before they took 15 players to featherstone and conceded  52. That's effort!

Not conceding 68, 70 and 80 points with 17 players! 

Archived