What do we add ?

Magic XIII

Nothing if we listen to the flat cappers. Fev, a team steeped in history the home of Fox Newlove Burton Steadman et al now reduced to no academy no reserves and linking up with the hated enemy Leeds. 100+ years and that’s all to show. 

Broncos are certainly not a flag ship BUT we run a very good academy and today beat your mother club, several London products moved up food chain. Owner who loves the sport and is happy to put his money into the club. A squad now based largely on London products and enlightened northerners rather than Aussies. As for crowds Fev average say 2.5k (a guess) wow, we are lucky to get 100 away fans Leigh excepted so when you whine about the London 50 think on. 

I would never hold up Broncos as an example of good as we do far too much badly, but what we do well, we do very well. 

Looking forward to my trip to POR and the usual friendly welcome. 

3 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Nothing if we listen to the flat cappers. Fev, a team steeped in history the home of Fox Newlove Burton Steadman et al now reduced to no academy no reserves and linking up with the hated enemy Leeds. 100+ years and that’s all to show. 

Broncos are certainly not a flag ship BUT we run a very good academy and today beat your mother club, several London products moved up food chain. Owner who loves the sport and is happy to put his money into the club. A squad now based largely on London products and enlightened northerners rather than Aussies. As for crowds Fev average say 2.5k (a guess) wow, we are lucky to get 100 away fans Leigh excepted so when you whine about the London 50 think on. 

I would never hold up Broncos as an example of good as we do far too much badly, but what we do well, we do very well. 

Have you any idea how many people live in Featherstone? 15000, an ex mining town with not much going on for it (like most towns these days). London the capital of England with goodness how many live there and rarely get a thousand and you talk about our crowds! Get a life and read up on our proud history and achievements before the game of RL went belly up and will continue to do so. 

9 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Ha another Londoner living in cuckoo land .38 years of what ? , no major trophy , no major interest .

11 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

This is a first for me since joining this forum seeing a fan of another Team starting up a Thread topic on another Clubs forum.All I get from you is negativity, nastiness and above all jealousy.Havent you got some of your own to post to or is it just Rugby Union Forum down your way.What a large chip on your shoulder you have.I remember you slagging us off big time when you beat us at your place saying things like how slow and lacking in ideas we were .Hope we give it to you large  on our return fixture .

11 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

An interesting opinion however you fail to grasp any of the underlying issues because they don’t necessarily relate to London. Let’s start with the academy Fev have always run a successful academy over the years when it was a level playing field however the RFL introduced a system where some clubs were allowed to pay their players and others including Fev weren’t, naturally the better players went to clubs where they paid. However we still continued to run an academy side despite this and ultimately the academy was disbanded due to a lack of opposition rather than a lack of players. Furthermore Fev are in a very different position to London in that competition to sign local players is fierce because we are surrounded by SL clubs who can offer better deals than we can whereas London have no real competition.

With respect to a 2nd team once again Fev used to run one but it was dropped due to a lack of opposition. Indeed Duffy said on Twitter last week that the club are looking at running a 2nd team next year but have asked for reassurance regarding fixtures before they go ahead.

Incidently Leeds are not our hated that would be Castleford.

I was the only Northerner in the IWT (Inland Water Transport)recalled  for the Suez invasion. All the rest in our regiment were from London. I was treated with disdain and looked on as something hardly human. That was until we had a ship disturbance relating to the Londoners that needed a court inquiry. The Commanding Officer told me to represent them as they were very belligerent and spoke with Cockney accents. I did this and got them off the hook. Then I got some respect. Londoners have always thought they are superior to people from up north and their attitude remains the same. But most of it is BULL so let us show them how we can play and give them a good beating when we meet.

London has changed for the worse as an area to live .I watched a Police documentary on You Tube and its become a Republic that believes its better than up North to live but stabbings are a daily murderous ritual mainly drug related and the Police can’t cope with it and most of the murders are not reported by the TV news.Its a place I wouldn’t even consider visiting again.Just returned from Beautiful Cornwall but wouldn’t swop the Lakes or Yorkshire Dales for that place or anywhere really in England.Getting back on track it’s looking like and always has really,beat London and Fax and we are top four.

Probably shouldn't rise to the bait but...
It says plenty that in 2018 the team that this London fan is trying to troll is a 15k-population Championship team. London have been in existence for 38 years, were handed a SL place over 20 years ago based on location not merit (and at our expense), and after doing ok for a few years have steadily slid backwards. I'm sure the dream back in 1996 was that they'd be well established as a SL flagship team in the capital city by now, regulars in the top 4 and playing in front of five-figure crowds, and presumably our friend here would be trying to troll the likes of the Wigan and St Helens forums.

Instead, they have gradually slid backwards and are now playing in a glorified recreation park , sharing with a second-tier rugby union team, and their latest game attracted a "crowd" of 684.

London are at a massive advantage to most British teams in that their scolarship and academy teams can practically take their pick from a thriving junior scene in the south-east, but it does seem that plenty of the graduates of this scheme don't reach their potential until heading for other clubs. Indeed, Lewis Bienek, who was touted as the big white hope amongst their youngsters at the start of the season, has already left the club for Hull and was last seen playing for Doncaster.

As much as we'd like to see Fev running a reserve and academy team, that last sentence does highlight why they were abandoned by so many teams (especially Championship teams) up north - as soon as a young player has shown some promise he's likely to be snapped up by a SL team, most agents very wise to the advantages of not signing long-term contracts for youngsters.

Unlike many northern RL fans I'm not anti-expansion and I'd actually like to see a strong Broncos team as I can see how that would strengthen the game overall.

But here we are in 2018 and they're playing in front of about 600 people at a pub ground and one of their fans thinks it's us that's the joke? ?

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Probably shouldn't rise to the bait but...
It says plenty that in 2018 the team that this London fan is trying to troll is a 15k-population Championship team. London have been in existence for 38 years, were handed a SL place over 20 years ago based on location not merit (and at our expense), and after doing ok for a few years have steadily slid backwards. I'm sure the dream back in 1996 was that they'd be well established as a SL flagship team in the capital city by now, regulars in the top 4 and playing in front of five-figure crowds, and presumably our friend here would be trying to troll the likes of the Wigan and St Helens forums.

Instead, they have gradually slid backwards and are now playing in a glorified recreation park , sharing with a second-tier rugby union team, and their latest game attracted a "crowd" of 684.

London are at a massive advantage to most British teams in that their scolarship and academy teams can practically take their pick from a thriving junior scene in the south-east, but it does seem that plenty of the graduates of this scheme don't reach their potential until heading for other clubs. Indeed, Lewis Bienek, who was touted as the big white hope amongst their youngsters at the start of the season, has already left the club for Hull and was last seen playing for Doncaster.

As much as we'd like to see Fev running a reserve and academy team, that last sentence does highlight why they were abandoned by so many teams (especially Championship teams) up north - as soon as a young player has shown some promise he's likely to be snapped up by a SL team, most agents very wise to the advantages of not signing long-term contracts for youngsters.

Unlike many northern RL fans I'm not anti-expansion and I'd actually like to see a strong Broncos team as I can see how that would strengthen the game overall.

But here we are in 2018 and they're playing in front of about 600 people at a pub ground and one of their fans thinks it's us that's the joke? ?

That’s just about nailed it for me.I think the main thing that pi###s Fev fans off is that the lack of respect towards Teams like us who have won practically everything in the game from fans of London and Toronto.If it was the other way round I would be very humble when conversing but that’s how it goes I’m afraid.

They have no respect for the hard working men from the communities that built up the game. Crawled out of the mines and donned on a shirt to entertain honest working class folk. They now think players fall out of a money tree. What is actually worse its not just Bronco fans either. A few years ago on a train coming back from London a couple of young Leeds Rhinos lasses got talking to us and they asked what league Featherstone Rovers where in. The game is rotting in segregation.

A ray of sunshine; I was in the Old Success pub in Sennen Cove watching Belgium v Tunisia  match drinking my favourite Lager Korev whilst my extended families were baking on the beach and got talking to a couple from Bristol who knew who Fev were .??

Robin, cannot deny the fact that the Broncos have brought some good lads through their ranks, being scattered throughout all the divisions. Ten or twelve years ago they had a cracking academy set up down in the smoke led by Scarsbrook and company.  I have always admired their perseverance and the fact that they can still produce quality players.

38 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I wouldn't think of Burton for my top 4 to be fair.  (Although I wouldn't tell him that).

Think it shows that the poster has been looking up on our past players and knows little about our history Rob.

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Lovely fella tho. Top bloke.

For someone who played in such an "uncompromising style", he is a gent.

Remember seeing him running onto the pitch in his latter career resembling a mummy as he had that much strapping around his legs and arms and head ?.Where are all the characters now especially in the forwards.We had them in abundance at Fev.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:59 PM, Magic XIII said:

Were are you playing these days and I’m astonished  your name is  still London all the handouts you’ve had if it had not been for licensing you would have been Down years ago  all this time you have been going and you av still won nowt .. to have any sort of future you have to have history we have wots your excuse 

Archived