Leigh game June 30

RobertAM

Well I didn't think the crowd was too bad for the Barrow game given the lousy weather. I spoke to JohnWPfan at the game and I know he was disappointed chiding the fair weather friends who didn't show up but it's incumbent on us "all weather fanatics" to put a real push on to make sure this weekends crowd is a big one given our opponent. Ignoring the standings but rather considering the closeness of the previous matches you must say Leigh and Toulouse are our real challengers so the boys will need our support especially if the Leighers show up in number. This also marks the return of Craig Hall and Ryan Bailey  to the Den so it will be interesting to see the crowd reaction when they walk out on the pitch. 

I am bringing a good contingent to what could well be THE game of the season  - in fact not taking no for an answer when I send out my usual Thursday "who's on board?" email. Not accepting any whiny "it's Canada day long weekend so off up north" excuses. So if you want a Christmas/birthday/anniversary, prezzie this year you're gonna bloody-well show up...and Run with the Pack!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm bringing at least two with me to the game, one was there last year for the home opener and the other is a complete newbie.

What time are people meeting at 3B? Kman you want that sandwich? looking forward to having a pint with the forum pack.

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

iKman you want that sandwich? 

You still haven't done the deed? Man that sandwich better be good. 

I notice the crowds are down on last year. Is it a case of second year blues or too early to say?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

9 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I notice the crowds are down on last year. Is it a case of second year blues or too early to say?

haven't met yet so this weekend is Sandwich time!!! kman can write his review after.

home opener was higher, lats game the weather was ######. The Leigh game is the biggest game but it's on a long weekend so we will see how it goes but i expect a big crowd, the Fev game will be massive as well.  With all the extra exposure in mainstream media i would expect the avg attendances to go up this year, especially when you consider we will have SL teams coming over for the first time in the qualifiers..

20 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Too early to say but the feel of the whole thing is larger crowds this year which will slowly build after the Leigh game....same as last year....no worries about attendance on this end really....everything going according to plan...bad weather could change everything though.

this saturday looks like a steambath...expect a very good crowd though...and really if u discount the FF game the avg crowd's only slightly down on last years average. as has been said I think it will build as we get closer to the end including qualies

10 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Just a reminder.....last years Canada Day Weekend crowd was the lowest at Lamport in 2017.  Hope that changes this year but there is just way too much going on....on this particular weekend.

Its going to be so HOT!....probably a low crowd due to the heat but I wouldn't miss it for the world...watching Leigh melt like a popsickle.   DOUBLE MUSTARD ON THAT SANDWICH KRZZYSTUFF!

On 6/26/2018 at 11:13 AM, Krzzystuff said:

It'll be there bud

Where and when are we meeting Krzzy?....it has to be before the game for me I'm afraid.....have some beers and that sandwich.

I'll confirmed once the travel arrangements are in stone but we will likely be parking in the Lamport lot, cooler in the back with beer and sandwich so i can msg you to meet us before we head to 3B or make it a tailgate potluck and everyone bring something.

will be hot as stick so Ac at 3B might be a good idea before the game.

6 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

I'll confirmed once the travel arrangements are in stone but we will likely be parking in the Lamport lot, cooler in the back with beer and sandwich so i can msg you to meet us before we head to 3B or make it a tailgate potluck and everyone bring something.

will be hot as stick so Ac at 3B might be a good idea before the game.

Sounds good, I think the ac at 3B is a good bet since I'll probably need it after the hot mustard.... if a potluck let me know ASAP. 

Leigh have included 5 players in their squad, who have only played about 10 games in total for us this season.

Our weakest squad for ANY game this season.

Jack Blagborough ( 0 appearances this season) Jonah Cunningham (1) Ilias Bergal (4) Kyle Lovett (5) Jordan Dezaria (5)

A defeat by 20 points for us, won't be a disaster.

5 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Leigh have included 5 players in their squad, who have only played about 10 games in total for us this season.

Our weakest squad for ANY game this season.

Jack Blagborough ( 0 appearances this season) Jonah Cunningham (1) Ilias Bergal (4) Kyle Lovett (5) Jordan Dezaria (5)

A defeat by 20 points for us, won't be a disaster.

Quit making excuses before the game even begins...enough talk...lets play and settle this.   If this is the whining before the game I don't even want to think about after....

Time to put up or shut up for Leigh....welcome to the Den!

Archived