Leigh game June 30

RobertAM

I posted elsewhere a chart of a likely finish to the season. Toronto and Toulouse will be there, with Halifax 3rd in all probability. London has a bit too much to do, so the 4th spot would then be between Leigh and Featherstone. It's a down to the wire race apart from the WP.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Just learned that when Craig Hall asked to be relieved from his WP contract deal was he wouldn't play against us this year...too bad as I would have liked to say hello.

Pity he left as I liked his style n ability.

york 11.jpg

But he did play against us twice already. 

gawd..everyone see the temperature for saturday  35c/95f !!  Centurions will be melting like a snow cone  just hope our boys are conditioned...

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

that's true - maybe its at Lamport only..be funny but maybe they have a reason

Hall requested it for “personal” reasons. He wouldn’t have signed for any club in the Championship without the club agreeing to it.

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

Hall requested it for “personal” reasons. He wouldn’t have signed for any club in the Championship without the club agreeing to it.

Would he also not play at Lamport if Leigh played there in the 8s?

Not sure, but my post was  from an ex director at our club, who is still a sponsor at the club. It does seem rather odd. Tomorrow is not a game we need to win, it's the other 4 games that matter. But if we do make the middle 8's and Hall won't play if we get Toronto away, I will NOT be happy.

Off thread. Ryan Burroughs has just signed for us till end of season. Any good. On thread, good luck Sat, but why can't teams send over their strongest squads to play you? Not fair on you fans.

57 minutes ago, TMF said:

Off thread. Ryan Burroughs has just signed for us till end of season. Any good. On thread, good luck Sat, but why can't teams send over their strongest squads to play you? Not fair on you fans.

He's pretty good but was injured/visa issues at the start of the season while on loan at London Scholars.

Oh no, don't talk about visa issues, lol. Thanks Nick. Just seen his presentation video. I tend not to take a lot into an agents promotion but he does look a hand full. Fast with an eye for a gap. We'll see tomorrow.

Well, I picked the margin. I'd like to say skill but obviously luck. Good win for TW and Leigh showed enough that could win their remaining games, all of which are against opponents in the lower half of the table.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Met Kayakman at the game, provided my promised sandwich...review coming I believe.

Leigh Gav's were great and obviously happy about the result even though the second half wasn't great for us. Still think that Leigh not sending their full squads and basically throwing the game might come back to haunt them. Down on point and score difference now in 5th...hows that a good thing?

2 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Met Kayakman at the game, provided my promised sandwich...review coming I believe.

Leigh Gav's were great and obviously happy about the result even though the second half wasn't great for us. Still think that Leigh not sending their full squads and basically throwing the game might come back to haunt them. Down on point and score difference now in 5th...hows that a good thing?

Don’t think we had much choice really with injuries and suspensions. 

Amazing experience by the way. Loved every second. Currently in the 3 Brewers with a beer and burger thinking of our next move. Only 10 hours after starting on the vodka with brunch in Liberty Commons...

Met a few Leigh fans on the way in and after in the beer garden. Great conversations, seemed to be enjoying the visit (except for the score). Always impressed by away fans who make the trip.

Having a team of Leigh's calibre made for a much more interesting game for fans than the recent blowouts.

The guys in huntsman's garb were hilarious. I heard it was someone's 60th birthday.

Gaz O'Brien achieved a Wolfpack first, converting a try that hit a streetcar (tram) on King Street. Craig Hall never could do that.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Currently in the 3 Brewers with a beer and burger thinking of our next move. Only 10 hours after starting on the vodka with brunch in Liberty Commons...

Jesus Matt, you have one hell of a constitution. 

1 hour ago, ojx said:

Jesus Matt, you have one hell of a constitution. 

Despite my best attempts - a can in my hand throughout - I sadly have a full recollection of the game! Just got back to our apartment on West Queen West ready for some sleep before doing it all again at the TFC game tomorrow - look out for the Bolton Wanderers jerseys!

There was a chap here for his 60th that his family bought for him as a surprise birthday present. The lads in the hunting gear were on a stag do. 

36 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I'm more interested in the result of krzzys sandwich?  hopefully it was all it was meant to be??

The bread was a fine rye....the meat plentiful and tasty, with a nice texture   (and plenty of it too)...but it was the mustard!....Krzzy was not exaggerating about this Polish mustard of his...sharp and crispy, tangy yet hot (but not too hot) with a glowing after taste that stays on the tongue for a period of time ...makes me think of (can't say on the forum)....well you know!   Just had to have seconds!

I have to say that it was indeed the finest mustard I have ever eaten!  The Polish beer went down well with it also!

Was good to meet Krzzy and his buds and watch the game together.  I can assure everyone that Krzzy is NOT from Yorkshire!

Yes it was a good sandwich, wish I had one with me right now actually.  The wife and girl are at the place up North and I will be going up there later today for awhile so I will get her to serve one up  for me when we meet.  He,,heee,,,,heee, heee....

The Game Itself:

The Leigh fans were well behaved and mannerly and getting into the fun Spirit of the day...a credit to the Club....well done.

The Leigh forwards and backs could not match the power and pace of Toronto.  Acton would have certainly helped today.  In the first half Toronto simply imposed their will on them.  It was overall domination plain and simple.

In the second half Toronto went on cruise control and this is where some of the Leigh quality shone through.   I've seen Toronto do this before but Leigh, unlike the other teams,  has the ability to make a team pay if they step off the gas and that is exactly what they did.   Good open field ball movement was nice to see.  If Leigh can get  a team on the backfoot they can open you up like a tin of Polish Mustard!   

Anyway enjoyed the day and now it is time to enjoy the outdoors in one of my boats...

Keep paddlin!

My daughter broke her ankle in 3 places on a trampoline and still made it to the game with her leg in a cast and in a wheelchair, pointed her out to the amazing Blake Wallace and he jumped over the concrete rail for a snap..great guy!!

leigh game tj and bw.jpeg

Archived