PENNINE ADVERT

Really good idea from the Pennine League looks like they are trying to work with the summer leagues. Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of teams opt for the shorter option of October to Feb/March if it means they will be playing every week not like last year  and I think a lot more teams will complete their fixtures  

The YML are offering a short season from September to December, I wonder if this will affect numbers for the Pennine league. I don't know why it is so difficult for the leagues to work together, well I do I suspect the RFL want everyone under their banner. Which I guess isn't a bad thing if everything was run well.

9 hours ago, Yorkie44 said:

The YML are offering a short season from September to December, I wonder if this will affect numbers for the Pennine league. I don't know why it is so difficult for the leagues to work together, well I do I suspect the RFL want everyone under their banner. Which I guess isn't a bad thing if everything was run well.

You've just pointed out why it's difficult, it was agreed BARLA would run the winter and the RFL the summer and guess who is trying to break the agreement and the community game is under the one banner.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

14 hours ago, Marauder said:

You've just pointed out why it's difficult, it was agreed BARLA would run the winter and the RFL the summer and guess who is trying to break the agreement and the community game is under the one banner.

It has been common knowledge for some time Yorkshire League  were going to offer a short season as clubs were asking for it and looks like the idea has been copied.

You would think the YML  had more important issues than trying to break the pennine leagues licence on "winter" rugby.Last weekend only 8 out of 23 fixtures completed and it was not much better the week before, and we have not got to the holiday season yet.The pennine league had its problems last season and it was no coincidence that these occurred when the 2 season overlapped.There were very few postponed games from late september to january due to a shortage of players.It was february onwards when these problems arised.The YML league  ( and NWmens league) has no competition from may to august, but they can get nowhere near the fixture completion rate the pennine league did when it had the game to itself.You have got to ask yourself why.

8 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

It has been common knowledge for some time Yorkshire League  were going to offer a short season as clubs were asking for it and looks like the idea has been copied.

Common knowledge that I suggested it way before the RFL even moved to their next stage in ethnic cleansing, It looks like they may have just listened in an attempt to accommodate NCL teams and the teams who are jumping from one season to the other without really fulfilling either.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Defender1 said:

Our A team game off again RL league is a joke, Stanley have dropped out the NCL it’s falling to bits and ain’t been a full bit for years

Stanley where a cracking club as well, I used to love playing there, always a good set of lads. (I've got some photo's somewhere taken when they played in the winter, we all looked like proper players covered in mud :) )

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, Defender1 said:

I was in a clubhouse last week talking to some parents and that was the impression they had 

Seeing as the RFL have taken control and have the majority of the amateur game playing in the summer - How hard is it to now find a game that is on from the fixture list.

52 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Seeing as the RFL have taken control and have the majority of the amateur game playing in the summer - How hard is it to now find a game that is on from the fixture list.

Our A team 4 games in April season starts, 1 game in May, 1 game in June, struggling to get alternative fixtures and looks like next weeks fixture is off, season finishes 4th August been training sine the first week in January for what?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 10:10 PM, Marauder said:

Will be interesting to see what they have planned at the AGM.

pennine advert.jpg

Now the closing date has passed, does anyone know how many teams entered the “new season” of next years pennine league. At least they look as if they are trying to get a season that doesn’t overlaps summer one. 

7 hours ago, kev p said:

Now the closing date has passed, does anyone know how many teams entered the “new season” of next years pennine league. At least they look as if they are trying to get a season that doesn’t overlaps summer one. 

27 definitely, not including 3 new applicants and 3 have made enquiries about the short season, the secretary also said she was still waiting for a few clubs to reply to her email - noted that only Eastmoor from the NCL have committed and I believe they completed last seasons fixtures.

The divisions are to be announced at a later date but I do IMO believe they're going to miss the chance to make the Pennine a more attractive offer to everyone.

It will be interesting to see how many teams enter the short season & Sep to April seasons. Hopefully more teams overall. All being well both “leagues” have decent numbers, not just teams switching to the shorter season. 

10 hours ago, kev p said:

It will be interesting to see how many teams enter the short season & Sep to April seasons. Hopefully more teams overall. All being well both “leagues” have decent numbers, not just teams switching to the shorter season. 

The whole competition needs bringing up to date to give teams something to aim at in the second half of the season, it's a long haul for anyone in any season when your constantly on the wrong end of a score line and that's a major reason we have yo yo teams and players, eventually they fade away.

2 hours ago, kev p said:

Perhaps a 2 stage season with teams playing each other once in each half. Both stage winners plus top 2 points overall qualify for play offs, next 3 if same team wins both stages. Just an idea!

Something on those lines has been put forward, short season before Christmas of 6 team divisions, teams then wanting to go back to summer go and the remaining teams to be accommodated into divisions of standards after Christmas, after the first season a clue to the standard of each team should be known so the following season using the same system should have the league setting up 6 team divisions of equally the same standard.

Even if it was divisions of 5 it would still give 4 teams 3 games out of a 4 weeks cycle and 1 team 4 games in the same period, which is greater than what has been happening in both winter and summer at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, kev p said:

Has divisions for this seasons pennine been decided yet? Did the short season get the go ahead? Must be due to start in a few weeks

I've actually emailed the league this morning asking the same questions.

Archived