R15 Toon on Tour

AB Knight

This one won't be easy, like us Newcastle are on a good run of form. Also I wasn't convinced by Lingard's pre match Keighley comments about having the better strike players out wide, but on this occassion Newcastle genuinely do have some very good strike players out wide - Tuoyo Egodo, Theerapol Ritson and Lewis Young.

Our only ever present this season, Connor Robinson, will possibly miss this one along with Tim Spears. Hope Chris Siddons is back to add some leadership as Spears will be a big loss. Also I wonder who will partner Cockayne, is it a run out for Liam Jackson or can we get Matty Marsh on DR?

I think this will be our most difficult home test since the Bradford match, Newcastle have half decent support so I hope we can push for a 1500 crowd. I'm going for York by 16.

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

This one won't be easy, like us Newcastle are on a good run of form. Also I wasn't convinced by Lingard's pre match Keighley comments about having the better strike players out wide, but on this occassion Newcastle genuinely do have some very good strike players out wide - Tuoyo Egodo, Theerapol Ritson and Lewis Young.

Our only ever present this season, Connor Robinson, will possibly miss this one along with Tim Spears. Hope Chris Siddons is back to add some leadership as Spears will be a big loss. Also I wonder who will partner Cockayne, is it a run out for Liam Jackson or can we get Matty Marsh on DR?

I think this will be our most difficult home test since the Bradford match, Newcastle have half decent support so I hope we can push for a 1500 crowd. I'm going for York by 16.

I would like to see thiabault Frank used at halfback if Connor does  miss out, quite  agree  this will be a very tough one played in front of 1589 very passionate  fan's 

Up the kneets ???

4 hours ago, AB Knight said:

depends if we have egodo on duel reg from Castleford, don't forget our winger mo agoro very strong and quick and with lewis young and tee ritson them 3 are lightning quick, though you guys are a top side no doubt about that, tyler craig, Ben dent and jack aldous may all feature too, tyler has been getting a few trys lately.

On 6/26/2018 at 8:07 AM, AB Knight said:

Neither Matty marsh or will dagger included in rovers line up on Friday so could be useful additions with Connor Robinson probably not playing this weekend, also would help with racking up the five games needed to feature in later league matches.

1 hour ago, Thunder fan said:

fullback ritson is out, also scrum half marginet and hooker simons.

The curse of my 'ones to watch' programme column, every time I choose an opposition player they end up not playing! Safe journey over anyway.

Great defence today against a very useful thunder outfit, ground out a good victory today with a few players missing .

Roll on Donny at home next week.

Up the tenacious kneets???

16 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Great defence today against a very useful thunder outfit, ground out a good victory today with a few players missing .

Roll on Donny at home next week.

Up the tenacious kneets???

I'd take their number 6 and 14

26 minutes ago, Shadow45 said:

I'd take their number 6 and 14

Thought their no 6 Lewis Young was man of the match by a mile, we found him difficult to handle. IMO for much of the match Thunder looked the better side and it was only our tight defence that kept us in it at times. We sorely missed the leadership of our senior players and the guile of Connor .

Having said all that we did well to find a way to win against a very determined Thunder.

Archived