Sunday, 01.07.2018

clifford

What are we expecting a free flowing brand of Rugby or 5 drives and a kick. 

No Oldham community radio so its twitter for me. 

Son leaves home for 6 months as well, so do I beg borrow the entrance fee or take him to the airport 

Dad head says airport rugby heart says Oldham and the boss says........... 

We've been ridiculously lucky with injuries so far essentially just having one player out throughout the season so we can't really moan now we have a few.

Can't see any of them playing on Sunday. Rib cartilage is very painful and generally takes a few weeks to get over and probably rules out Joy. Langtree shouldn't play even if its a minor hamstring pull. Bridge wouldn't have come off if he didn't have to so I can't see him being right for this week. The other 3 you would say are no chance at all.

Good opportunity for Briscoe, Jones and Rasool with two back row spots open and all three played quite well on Sunday.  Hopefully we can get a dual reg to cover Joy at prop and we should be ok

I thought Briscoe and Jones were superb on Sunday, like you say we just need some backup at prop. 

Shame for Ben though, I had the same thing earlier this year and it took ages to clear up properly in fact you can hardly stand up so can't see him being back very soon. 

Its a good opportunity for Rasool to muscle in and claim a spot 

I spoke with Dave Mcgealey who does the commentary and he said something was broken and they wouldn't fix it. Not sure if he meant Roughyeds wouldnt fix it or Oldham Community Radio wouldn't but I was told it was back on at the last home game by someone who said he had listened to it. Didn't hear it myself though, but then I didn't try to.

Yes, it is back on now. OCR had some general broadcasting problems for a while and these were due to technical difficulties which proved very troublesome. Certainly, nothing to do with Oldham RLFC.    

Town fan here

looking forward to the game Sunday should be a lot closer than the reverse.. With Oldham still being only the 2nd team to beat town at DP this season and the ONLY league 1 side to (the other London Broncos 22-20 in CC) we will be out for Revenge and to hopefully get to that 20 pts mark before home ties against Hunlset and Haven. We have a couple of light knocks being asset but other than that are at full  strength. 

UTT

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Yes, it is back on now. OCR had some general broadcasting problems for a while and these were due to technical difficulties which proved very troublesome. Certainly, nothing to do with Oldham RLFC.    

Sooooo.  Are we saying that OCR will be providing commentary again?  As you know I put their commentary on the match videos when I can.

I grab the recording automatically and its usually waiting for me when I get home.  You wouldn't believe the complicated way that I achieve that but hey-ho.  I just have to remember to set it in motion on match days.

One time I forgot and I was travelling to Stalybridge on the train when I remembered.  From my phone I was able to login to one of my servers, install a load of software and re-write my recording script from memory whilst sat on the packed train carriage floor amongst all the ale-trailers.  Ha!

Archived