New signings

Monkeymagic22

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Most Likely there something in these rumours, but on the other hand we do have a history of failing to get transfers over the line as well.

Hint that visa's lol 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/5/2018 at 9:27 AM, Robin Evans said:

Has he definitively signed for fev or is it just cobblers....

I got a call last night from no-one actually connected with the club informing me smithy and penky had signed/are to sign for fev.... smithy on loan for rest of season

Penky's just been named in Workington's squad for their game against Hunslet, so unless that's a deliberate red herring it doesn't look like he'll be turning out for us this weekend.

18 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Has the team for this weekend been announced yet?

Yes, its on the Rovers' website. Briscoe, Dwyer and Ormondroyd all in 19 man squad, plus Hock. Dwyer also in Rhinos' squad for same date and time, so it might be wait and see over him.

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Has the team for this weekend been announced yet?

Yes it’s on the appropriate game thread 

Im Fev and im proud

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Penky's just been named in Workington's squad for their game against Hunslet, so unless that's a deliberate red herring it doesn't look like he'll be turning out for us this weekend.

Gutted.  So much better than Dwyer ! ........

With very little chance of a top 4 spot now most likely some players will be on their way out before next year so cannot see any new signings unless they were already agreed before the Halifax bash and I mean bash cos that is what Fax did to Fev on Sunday. Do not know what odds are for Fev to qualify but they must be a very risky bet heres hoping Im totally wrong and England win the world cup.

24 minutes ago, eltel said:

With very little chance of a top 4 spot now most likely some players will be on their way out before next year so cannot see any new signings unless they were already agreed before the Halifax bash and I mean bash cos that is what Fax did to Fev on Sunday. Do not know what odds are for Fev to qualify but they must be a very risky bet heres hoping Im totally wrong and England win the world cup.

My, you are a jolly old sole, doom and gloom on this thread, 'nails in Fev's coffin' on another thread! The room must just light up when you walk in lol! If things are so bad then I don't expect to see you at another Fev game ever again as there is no point watching a set of losers, no hopers and with no chance this side of the millennium of things getting better !

Yes. Sometimes you keep forgiving players for inept performances over the season but my patience has waned with quite a few in this Team especially taking into account the money they are getting paid.We are still in with a shout but for me whether we qualify or not a good clearout is required.

46 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Yes. Sometimes you keep forgiving players for inept performances over the season but my patience has waned with quite a few in this Team especially taking into account the money they are getting paid.We are still in with a shout but for me whether we qualify or not a good clearout is required.

Eggsbloodyzactly **** lad

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

My, you are a jolly old sole, doom and gloom on this thread, 'nails in Fev's coffin' on another thread! The room must just light up when you walk in lol! If things are so bad then I don't expect to see you at another Fev game ever again as there is no point watching a set of losers, no hopers and with no chance this side of the millennium of things getting better !

Look Baldrick you obviously have a cunning plan with your ever the optimist attitude whereas I’m a realist and state the obvious based upon probabilities which I’m entitled to bearing in mind :

I have supported Fev since I was 3 years old firstly going with my Dad to Bradford and then to three wembley cup finals taking a private bus full of family members from the Doncaster area (bear in mind my mum and dad and relatives are from Featherstone) to see the rovers win and lose and donating part of my winning bet against Hull to the floodlight appeal.

I with other family members have been to virtually every rugby league ground in the country baring Cumbria to follow Fev so there maybe some genuine fans who wish to read honest posts from long standing supporters without people like yourself getting off in making personal derogatory  remarks when they do not share your crystal ball outlook.

Might I suggest you just stick to calling people lemmings when they do not have blind faith like yourself.

It is only a game but for me it has serious repercussions if we don’t make the top four having invested heavily in a Team Which hasn’t fulfilled its potential and not delivered.The aftermath of this like Robin said earlier could put us back years.I have no idea what lies ahead if we don’t make the four as I and countless others don’t know what finances we have now or are incoming but I would worry about the following points 1.Forget new signings as we won’t have the money to sign anyone decent.2. Will we still have the money to honour the existing fat contracts of existing players.3 hardly anyone will watch the Losers ( Championship Shield ) resulting in massively reduced revenue.4.Will we be able to pay the paid staff at the Club in the bleak times ahead.This paints a bleak picture I know but it creates talking points between us.For me the units for hire are a disappointment for not happening but we have only one saving grace that we must act on to keep our ship afloat and that is to make up the money by selling if possible or leasing our major asset the land.

Just a thought:

With all the cobblers that's been going with Ian Leneghan and co.  Maybe MC knows something we don't about the "future" of the sport and has decided to keep his powder dry for now.  Maybe the funding formula and/or structure is changing next year and there's no point spending now, unless you've a realistic shot at promotion.

It's the only explanation I can think of for not strengthening sooner (or at all).  It's either that or we've totally ballsed up this season and we're done with any hope of ever progressing.

23 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Just a thought:

With all the cobblers that's been going with Ian Leneghan and co.  Maybe MC knows something we don't about the "future" of the sport and has decided to keep his powder dry for now.  Maybe the funding formula and/or structure is changing next year and there's no point spending now, unless you've a realistic shot at promotion.

It's the only explanation I can think of for not strengthening sooner (or at all).  It's either that or we've totally ballsed up this season and we're done with any hope of ever progressing.

I think it’s more like we are up to are limit anyway and can’t afford anyone else unless we make the top four .

Archived