NZ v France Test set for out Toulon Nov 17

https://www.lindependant.fr/2018/06/25/rugby-a-xiii-un-france-nouvelle-zelande-a-toulon,4529907.php

Google Translate:

After Narbonne's refusal to host the match, the French Rugby League will certainly face New Zealand on November 17th at Mayol stadium in Toulon.

Final details are still to stall but the Kiwis could therefore face the Blues at Mayol very place where one of them, Sonny Bill Williams made sparks, XV, for years under the Toulon jersey. 
The match against the Kiwis will be the last of a long series this autumn for the French team rugby league. The Blues will play three matches of the European Cup, qualifying competition for the next World Cup. Then they will face England in a test-match before defying, therefore, New Zealand in Toulon.
Note that a disagreement between the French Rugby League Federation and the town of Narbonne could not allow the holding of this match in the Aude at Parc des Sports. It is a temple of rugby XV which should therefore host this meeting flagship for rugby league XIII tricolor. Confirmation is expected in the coming hours.

To be fair, I think the French Federation will have information on their clash with New Zealand when the details are confirmed.  The piece in L'Independant does read as speculation, albeit, no doubt, with some basis.

Other options would be to keep looking at the website for L'Independant or for another newspaper, La Depeche, which covers RL pretty well and is, I think (but stand to be corrected!), Toulouse based.  The site is www.ladepeche.fr 

On 6/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, Lobbygobbler said:

Narbonne is a ###### place anyway. Much better at Toulon

Shame England v France is not in Nice

Not particularly accurate. Narbonne is a historic and attractive town. Narbonne's stadium is decent and big enough (at around 12,000 capacity). I saw the XIII Elite 1 Championship final there last year and it was well presented and enjoyable.

Toulon's stadium has the benefit of being a dedicated rugby (XV) stadium (as opposed to Narbonne's which is multi-use with its running track) and is slightly bigger at, I think, around 15,000 capacity. Toulon itself is a port city - interesting and fun - but not as pretty as Narbonne. Still, I think Toulon is a good call and I will be going to the game and am looking forward to it.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:40 PM, damp squib said:

This could be a great opportunity as Toulon seem to be serious about establishing their RL sides.

Italy has been there for their under 19 and Women's game and yes, there is some appetite for league there. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Archived