Workington Town

Dave Naylor

Love the club but dont support them, give over. There are covered seats and toilets you choose to stay away from the club you purport to love. Your choice. Thanks for yet another positive post.

Lets put it this way.....a club that doesnt have much money but pays the players on time and doesnt have to go begging like some clubs very recently to finish a season.

A bloke who is owed a fortune in directors loans trying to keep the club afloat if it wasnt for CH there would be no club. Fact.

A quality squad assembled on a shoestring budget, some players showing far more loyalty to the club than some on here, injuries hit every club, we dont have the luxury of 30+ players and with the small squad it hits us harder than most when injuries come all at once.

We have played some very good expansive rugby this season at times, if we need to play 5 drives and a kick then thats fine also.

A ground that is affordable to us and much improved (thanks to AVRO), perfectly adequate for league 1...if you disagree then go and ask 3000+ Bulls fans who stand every week with no cover.

Lads who pull their tripe out every week for the loyal fans, its a pleasure to watch them and see the spirit and togetherness they have with the fans who do go.

Just a few positives for you, thought i would list them to cheer you up ?

Thats me done on the whole issue now anyway ,frankly you two bore me ,onto ignore you both go.If you or Roughyedz want to continue the discussion you will find me in the club prior to games just ask for Taffy, dont worry you can just have a drink and not go into the ground......i will even buy you a pint of bitter.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2018 at 6:52 AM, moorside roughyed said:

Learn how to spell mate,it's Oldham not Oldhasm.A fall in numbers attending games is a problem across the game not just Oldham.If think that enough is enough then good luck to you in your future endeavours.

u can prove anything with stats after all the Newcastle attendances are up 400% if u look else where on this forum .

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

On 7/4/2018 at 5:50 AM, Dave Naylor said:

45 years of watching Oldham. Let's say an average of 35 games a year, home and away. That's 1575 games if you went to every one. 

I've definitely had more hot dinners than you've been to Oldham games. 

NB. I think I may have had a ploughman's lunch in Dawlish in the mid-70s.

Why oh why are getting so petty with your comments Dave ur getting just like the reast on heree trying to STOP people being interested or attending matches by insulting them, oh asnd i never spell check and im aleways pressing two keys at once that may be y u get eaxrta lettrs inserted ..... and it seems that now counts as being not worthy it seems

5 hours ago, Roughyedz said:

u can prove anything with stats after all the Newcastle attendances are up 400% if u look else where on this forum .

Look mate I support the team that's on the pitch,they represent the town in the sport. I supported the club before Mr Hamilton and will probably do so after him, that's if we're lucky enough to have a club to follow. I think you'll find that generally the attendances are pretty dire. That's why the club's are suffering financially. If you choose not to come then that's your prerogative but to come on here constantly putting negative stuff on here isn't very pleasant. There are people that want to follow the club and that's their prerogative and should be respected. In my view it's about what happens on the pitch. If you choose to no longer attend matches then that's your choice entirely.

10 hours ago, Roughyedz said:

Why oh why are getting so petty with your comments Dave ur getting just like the reast on heree trying to STOP people being interested or attending matches by insulting them, oh asnd i never spell check and im aleways pressing two keys at once that may be y u get eaxrta lettrs inserted ..... and it seems that now counts as being not worthy it seems

All I did was show you that I've had more hot dinners than you've been to Oldham games.  That's something you said remember.  

Where did I insult you?  

Don't worry about the spell checking.  If I saw a reasoned, properly formatted, spell-checked post from you I'd just assume someone had hacked your computer and was posting from your account for a laugh.

5 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Look mate I support the team that's on the pitch,they represent the town in the sport. I supported the club before Mr Hamilton and will probably do so after him, that's if we're lucky enough to have a club to follow. I think you'll find that generally the attendances are pretty dire. That's why the club's are suffering financially. If you choose not to come then that's your prerogative but to come on here constantly putting negative stuff on here isn't very pleasant. There are people that want to follow the club and that's their prerogative and should be respected. In my view it's about what happens on the pitch. If you choose to no longer attend matches then that's your choice entirely.

Sunday was absolutely soul destroying to me!

What is happening to MY beloved club?

Yes, MY CLUB, YOUR CLUB, OUR CLUB!! I watched my first game in 1959 as a 2 year old sat on the wall behind the sticks in the Watersheddings end held by my Dad. I watched the last game there in exactly the same spot again with my Dad. Sadly Dad at 91 can no longer get to the games but keeps in touch via OCR & me. He can't go, but it is still his club.I take my four grand children with me now. It is their club.

Currently it may be CH's business, but he is only the custodian of the club. Long after him, hopefully the club will still be around. It is Oldham Rugby League Club. It has been Oldham FC, Oldham ORLFC and Oldham ORLFC (1997). But it is still Oldham Rugby.

The owners / committee (as in the past) are just the custodians of the club. In years gone by the committees may not have owned it, but dug deep into their pockets when the need arose. Just like the current owner probably does now to keep the club running and make up the shortfall from other sources of income. It has always been the same.

Remember the "Ginger Group" of the 1970s, Arthur Walker and co? They were just a group of business men putting money in, trying to do the best for the club.

Would I like to see a change of ownership now - yes I would. Not because of what Chris Hamilton has done (my feelings regarding him and what he has done / not done, are irrelevant to this) but because the club NEEDS a change. CH is not a well man and has worked tirelessly to keep it going. Made a lot of enemies and lost a lot of friends along the way, but all part of business unfortunately! But sometimes you need to walk away and let the next custodian(s) take their turn.

You never know, what people want is new owners and benefactors. A club with 247 fans isn't of any appeal. A club with 1247 fans at this level is and may just encourage someone to take the plunge as a worthwhile project?

We have hit rock bottom.

We need to get people back and quick.

Lets stop the bickering and get the club back to where it should be.

25 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Sunday was absolutely soul destroying to me!

What is happening to MY beloved club?

Yes, MY CLUB, YOUR CLUB, OUR CLUB!! I watched my first game in 1959 as a 2 year old sat on the wall behind the sticks in the Watersheddings end held by my Dad. I watched the last game there in exactly the same spot again with my Dad. Sadly Dad at 91 can no longer get to the games but keeps in touch via OCR & me. He can't go, but it is still his club.I take my four grand children with me now. It is their club.

Currently it may be CH's business, but he is only the custodian of the club. Long after him, hopefully the club will still be around. It is Oldham Rugby League Club. It has been Oldham FC, Oldham ORLFC and Oldham ORLFC (1997). But it is still Oldham Rugby.

The owners / committee (as in the past) are just the custodians of the club. In years gone by the committees may not have owned it, but dug deep into their pockets when the need arose. Just like the current owner probably does now to keep the club running and make up the shortfall from other sources of income. It has always been the same.

Remember the "Ginger Group" of the 1970s, Arthur Walker and co? They were just a group of business men putting money in, trying to do the best for the club.

Would I like to see a change of ownership now - yes I would. Not because of what Chris Hamilton has done (my feelings regarding him and what he has done / not done, are irrelevant to this) but because the club NEEDS a change. CH is not a well man and has worked tirelessly to keep it going. Made a lot of enemies and lost a lot of friends along the way, but all part of business unfortunately! But sometimes you need to walk away and let the next custodian(s) take their turn.

You never know, what people want is new owners and benefactors. A club with 247 fans isn't of any appeal. A club with 1247 fans at this level is and may just encourage someone to take the plunge as a worthwhile project?

We have hit rock bottom.

We need to get people back and quick.

Lets stop the bickering and get the club back to where it should be.

Spot on mate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 12:09 PM, Dave Naylor said:

All I did was show you that I've had more hot dinners than you've been to Oldham games.  That's something you said remember.  

Where did I insult you?  

Don't worry about the spell checking.  If I saw a reasoned, properly formatted, spell-checked post from you I'd just assume someone had hacked your computer and was posting from your account for a laugh.

you are so funny Dave i just fell off my chair and had to go to hospital . . .  well im sure all the 274 loyalists will find you funny. . .  unforetunately the missing  1,200 since Oldhams first game at Whitebank may not agree perhaps

14 hours ago, Roughyedz said:

you are so funny Dave i just fell off my chair and had to go to hospital . . .  well im sure all the 274 loyalists will find you funny. . .  unforetunately the missing  1,200 since Oldhams first game at Whitebank may not agree perhaps

More great spelling.

I find this cat calling extremely annoying, I have my views on the administration of the club. I have my views on CH. But what is the point of slagging each other off as it may cause a passing fan to think that Oldham isn't a welcoming place. 

Yes the crowd/fan base is low, no effort has been or I can see in trying to Re-engage with people. 

Please post ideas which dave or anyone else can go to see whether the idea can be put forward 

Archived