Germany fail at soccer World Cup. Opportunities for RL

17 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

With Germany out of the soccer World Cup what opportunities will open up for RL?

Discuss.

I should think the league one money is certain to go now , probably from next week 

5 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Joachim Löw will be sacked, see the error of his ways and steer Germany RL to the 2025 World Cup in England after Jason Moore binned the US version due to NRL blocking tactics.

Captain Jimmy Keinhorst lifts the World Cup and the Golden Boot in career defining season.

Germany reach the final beating England in the Semis 2 - 0 (Penalty).

29 minutes ago, ojx said:

Germans (in general) aren't into contact sports. Unless you count the World Wars.

To be fair American football does have a very decent following in the amateur game, ice hockey is also quite popular. There's definitely potential. If I was being cheeky I'd also point out that 5 years after the code split they won a silver medal at the olympics, a feat never surpassed by the UK!

Pace Brexit

Germany want a rerun of WW2...they think they could win it now!

Amidst the tomfoolery on this thread, there's a feature in Rugby League World out Friday on German Rugby League. Headed by Simon Cooper, cancer sufferer and Halifax-born German international. They're doing it tough out there let me tell you.

Rugby League World writer

Twitter: @a_hope14
Mobile: iPhone 3

Archived