SWINTON AWAY

graham fisher

We are now going into the last group of games which are winnable,apart from Toulouse away I reckon we can win at least 3 of the last 5 games before the split.

No excuses now about budget's as apart from the Toulouse game we are playing teams around us that have spent roughly about the same. This is a must win game if we are to stand a chance of avoiding the dreaded drop.

Hopefully a few players will be back this week.

Swinton 16

Rams 24

FTS Morton

Mom Sykes

Att 645

Good luck lads.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good turnout by the fans would ceratinly help.

As Graham rightly says this is a game played on an equal footing - no excuses; time for the team to show its quality.

I have to be optimistic, or hopeful:

Swinton 18 - 22 Rams

FTS Brown

Att 750

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

If we are to win on Sunday, in my opinion, we really need Speakman and Knowles to be in the team!  I have given up on Moore ... but Speakman, our most improved player this season and Knowles have been 2 of our most creative players this term.

Badly missing Knowles.  Do we know what the problem is???

Just viewed the Broncos v Swinton highlights and I know you cannot really judge the opposition's play from them, but Swinton did look useful on attack and tried to the end.

This is a game both sides must win and I feel that the Lions, being st home, might have more in their attacking bag than we have, so we may succumb tomorrow..

Swinton 24-14 Dewsbury.

FTS: Brown.

MoM: Speakman

Att: 538

Legs, Dews, Legs.

39 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I I think Ned’s comments are right. half or more of the team are just going through the motions.

Is that what he was doing on Friday then when he didn't even turn up to training.

9 minutes ago, JimbobRam said:

Neil was right to question some of players desire last week, it proved today. No brain cells in the team. 

I think people like Sykesy and Michael Knowles would rightly take offence to comments like that

Did I miss something ..... can anyone enlighten me why we didn't go for the drop goal on that 5th tackle on their line when we we under the posts??  ...... I feel so disappointed today ...  ... and even with Iggys brain fade we really should have won this game .... 

Well, I know that I must be in a minority but I thought that Iggy shouldn't have got a yellow card (he didn't kick the player, he hooked his leg from under him whilst he had hold of him - legal in my book), and I don't believe that their player should have been red-carded: it was a yellow at worst and even that would have been harsh. Both of those periods when the other team were down to 12 men were when each side scored most of their tries, so really it cancelled out. I don't think that there was any lack of effort, just the occasional lack of nous that has been cited all season. Swinton looked sharper, hungrier and, at times, cleverer, and that is why they deserved to win.

We have eleven very important games ahead of us, all of which are winnable. Our fate is in our own hands.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

Did I miss something ..... can anyone enlighten me why we didn't go for the drop goal on that 5th tackle on their line when we we under the posts??  ...... I feel so disappointed today ...  ... and even with Iggys brain fade we really should have won this game .... 

Missed it myself but am told it was a knock on at the play the ball which deteriorated from there. 

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

BSJ ...... You really think Toulouse away is winnable ??

Today was inexcusable on so many levels....... I do think we'll stay up but a helluva clearout and recruitment drive is needed before next season..... Huge disappointment this year and some players need to take a long hard look at themselves...... james glover definitely looks to have gone missing

Archived