July 7th vs. Sheffield Eagles

NickWeaver

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/toronto-wolfpack-to-host-make-a-wish-game-day-on-july-7-686587261.html

TORONTO, June 26, 2018 /CNW/ - Listen up, rugby fans! The Toronto Wolfpack will proudly host Make-A-Wish® Game Day on Saturday, July 7, 2018 at Lamport Stadium in support of Make-A-Wish® Canada. Game Day will raise funds through a variety of on-site initiatives to help Make-A-Wish continue its mission to create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses across the country.

As part of this special day, the Wolfpack will welcome six wish children and their families to Lamport Stadium to take part in the ultimate VIP experience, including a chance to explore the team's dressing room, meet the athletes and carry out the ball before watching an exciting game between the Toronto Wolfpack and Sheffield Eagles.

"This season, the excitement and buzz that the Wolfpack has brought to the City of Toronto with its profile-building performances, have sports fans across Canada on their toes," says Reni Maitua, rugby operations manager, Toronto Wolfpack. "We are very excited for the opportunity to give these wish kids and their families an unforgettable experience during Game Day. The entire team is thrilled to help brighten the spirits of these amazing children and create lasting memories with them."

With every July 7 ticket purchase, $2 will be donated to Make-A-Wish. Money will also be raised through Game Day program sales within the stadium. For each program sold, $3 will help grant wishes.

"We look forward to Make-A-Wish Game Day and our incredible partnership with the Toronto Wolfpack," says Chris Pon, vice-president, national corporate alliances, Make-A-Wish Canada. "We are excited to have the opportunity to engage fans and spread awareness of our wish-granting mission. On behalf of our courageous wish children and their families, we thank the Wolfpack and its dedicated fans for their support in raising money to help grant the wishes of children living with critical illnesses in Canada."

Fans are also encouraged to arrive early on Game Day and visit the Toronto Wolfpack shop, located at 139 Jefferson Ave. in Liberty Village, to make a donation and fill out a wish star for a chance to win an official Toronto Wolfpack jersey and hat. The team's goal is to cover the storefront window with wish stars to show the local and international community the collective power of people coming together to make a difference in the lives of these children who are faced with uncertainty, fear and anxiety as they fight their illnesses.

"We encourage everyone to come on down to the shop for 2:30 p.m. and make a generous donation to help cover the shop window in wish stars," says Scott Lidbury, general manager, commercial, Toronto Wolfpack. "We have high hopes for a big turnout from all ages. The Wolfpack is working to create a fantastic experience for these kids and we are excited that our supporters can be part of this special day

17 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

This year is a massive push towards kids and families coming down to the games.  Planting the seeds in youth to take up RL.

Or to take up RU, because there are no kids RL teams around.

On 6/29/2018 at 3:28 PM, deluded pom? said:

That reminds me. Why don’t we see Kman’s school kids pointing at the blackboard any more?

School is out now plus they were furious that I was banned for awhile...really upset about it...never received so many free coffees and Timbits in my life....put on another 5 pounds....gotta  love those kids!

Don't worry DP...got a whole new crop coming in next year!

20170518_124247.jpg

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

School is out now plus they were furious that I was banned for awhile...really upset about it...never received so many free coffees and Timbits in my life....put on another 5 pounds....gotta  love those kids!

Don't worry DP...got a whole new crop coming in next year!

20170518_124247.jpg

I've got to hand it to you Kman, it's a great idea. (groan). Also, what loyal students if they got so upset in your behalf. You must be a popular teacher, well earned no doubt. Say hello to them from NZ  if you would and say how much I enjoy their contribution. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Surely time for Quinn to get some game time against Sheffield. We should also start resting our starting players on a rotation to keep them fresh for the 8s.

It will be interesting to see how attendances hold up, should be a party atmosphere for the next few games. I think there is a solid core support now in the West stand who are attending regularly.  They need to convert more to the casual fans to season ticket holders. TWP need to grow this support slowly, perhaps offer half season memberships.

I think that everyone is just buying west stand seats because of the sun, it's giving the anti expansionists hardons to see that the crowds are dwindling when they look at the TV not knowing that they are just sitting on the opposite side now....its rather funny actually. the big block of home games is actually hurting attendances as people can't commit every Saturday of their summer to going to games, hopefully this is sorted out for next season and there are breaks between home games.

Definitely time for Quinn to get some games under the belt again and the next three games seem perfect.

I'm loving having a game every weekend but I can see how it is hurting attendance with some people having other things to do.....my wife said at beginning of the year "are we planning to go every weekend?" I just said "I don't understand the question??"..she got the message...

I think 2018 is a "one of" due to the Lamport turf renewal but one concern I have is if they want to make the stadium "Superleague ready" and tart it up/add capacity will that mess things up???

and in the remaining games except maybe for Featherstone I too want to see Quinn out there.  BTW If we beat Shef this Saturday do we get awarded the Championship cup at match end??

Last year did they present the cup at the last game or once it was locked in? I would expect that with the organization skills of the RFL we wont have it this weakened if we win.

38 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Last year did they present the cup at the last game or once it was locked in? I would expect that with the organization skills of the RFL we wont have it this weakened if we win.

Last game.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:37 PM, RayCee said:

I've got to hand it to you Kman, it's a great idea. (groan). Also, what loyal students if they got so upset in your behalf. You must be a popular teacher, well earned no doubt. Say hello to them from NZ  if you would and say how much I enjoy their contribution. 

Whole new crop of Wolfpack fans coming in in the fall.; life is good.

Weather looks great for the game and am just back from up North looking for a break from the heat and the VICIOUS MOSQUITOES!  I figure we should do pretty good but never taking anything for granted.  We need to come out quick and set the tone.  I believe the Jays are taking on the Yankees at he same time so the  crowd size should be of interest....I'll be counting!   

Sheffield will have a weakened squad for tis game, I can see us knocking up a big score. Does anyone know if they will begetting some DR players to boost their numbers?

Their coach was complaining about flying back to Glasgow and then having a six hour bus ride afterwards.  Why aren't teams flying back to Manchester? I have to agree that this makes the journey way worse.

42 minutes ago, ojx said:

Sheffield will have a weakened squad for tis game, I can see us knocking up a big score. Does anyone know if they will begetting some DR players to boost their numbers?

Their coach was complaining about flying back to Glasgow and then having a six hour bus ride afterwards.  Why aren't teams flying back to Manchester? I have to agree that this makes the journey way worse.

Ahh tell them to quit the whining and be thankful!  Oh Be Joyful!  Ode To Joy that trip!

Don't underestimate them...remember the Rochdale game....one game at a time.

40 minutes ago, ojx said:

Air Transat do not fly to Manchester from Toronto on a daily basis, so I guess the flight to the next closest airport is Glasgow. If they flew out on Monday I think there is a flight to Manchester. According to google maps its 4.5 hours drive from Glasgow airport to Sheffield.

1 minute ago, Medway Bear said:

Air Transat do not fly to Manchester from Toronto on a daily basis, so I guess the flight to the next closest airport is Glasgow. If they flew out on Monday I think there is a flight to Manchester. According to google maps its 4.5 hours drive from Glasgow airport to Sheffield.

Like I said...a hop, skip and a jump, and by pampered Coach nonetheless...I don't know if these guys could handle even one Jr. A Hockey road trip up North or out West....

2 minutes ago, Medway Bear said:

This is another problem of playing part-time teams. Got to feel for their players who have to work on Monday.

I really hope the pack get promoted this year, another season of playing home games against below strength teams would not be good.

2 minutes ago, ojx said:

This is another problem of playing part-time teams. Got to feel for their players who have to work on Monday.

I really hope the pack get promoted this year, another season of playing home games against below strength teams would not be good.

We play what they put in front of us...don't feel too bad for them....I'm sure they get a nice box lunch on the bus and are quite pampered.

Archived