Today's game 30/6/2018

First visit to Crigglestone

Liked the ground which is good enough for NCL

Could not get into the game due to the heat and lots of stoppages and one side nature

Wyke now 4 from 4 and look too good for this division

I made score nil 54 but I know ref has two less than me when asked during second half

About 40 watching and no shade at alll

c

7 hours ago, groundhopper said:

First visit to Crigglestone

Liked the ground which is good enough for NCL

Could not get into the game due to the heat and lots of stoppages and one side nature

Wyke now 4 from 4 and look too good for this division

I made score nil 54 but I know ref has two less than me when asked during second half

About 40 watching and no shade at alll

c

Would have been 150 plus at Bentley

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Last two Dockers games ive been to have had a masters/touch rugby games happening at the same time .

Both times good numbers taking part plus everyone seemed to be having a good time .

Small positive to take from a game that is struggling a little at the moment .

Travelled light on numbers , team lost three of there better players with serious injuries , two broken arms , ankle/knee  Earlier in the season .

Dockers have been turning out an A team .

Lots of lads now work in industries where the weekend is just part of the working week .

Hopefully Dockers will get the above players back on the park within the next few weeks , league is very close so everything still to play for . 

Not ideal for the 1st team things should improve as injuries ease . Could get worse as well !

Personally having 17 on a team sheet at Amateur level seems overkill , two subs use as many times as needed .

Game needs strong leadership to drive it forward , could be waiting  a while . 

My post is in no way a dig at Dockers, great club with a good history and good people who care about our sport. Just being honest and saying our game is struggling to  get player's commitment due to loads of other things to do.  I don't  want to bring up the old debate,  but I along with many others did forecast that summer RL at amateur level would not work. Sorry  to sound negative but I honestly believe it may take years to recover from this what I consider an awful decision.

54 minutes ago, chisholm said:

My post is in no way a dig at Dockers, great club with a good history and good people who care about our sport. Just being honest and saying our game is struggling to  get player's commitment due to loads of other things to do.  I don't  want to bring up the old debate,  but I along with many others did forecast that summer RL at amateur level would not work. Sorry  to sound negative but I honestly believe it may take years to recover from this what I consider an awful decision.

Makes me wonder what confusion would happen if BARLA ever got their act together

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived