Jackson Hastings

3 hours ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

Giants pulled the plug on his transfer, could he be heading for another SL club? 

Leeds are desperate for a quality half back and have room under salary cap plus marquee allowance so I would hope GH shows some interest?

1 hour ago, Rhino2009 said:

Leeds are desperate for a quality half back and have room under salary cap plus marquee allowance so I would hope GH shows some interest?

Sometimes quantity is better then quality and there is alot more of Jamie Ellis than Jackson Hastings, so I would hope GH shows some interest.

13 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him replace Tyrone Roberts with Lui alongside him.

I don't believe Salford have the funds for that capture DS but it could be interesting .....

Watch this space!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

17 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Surely he meant at Warrington?

I think he meant when SRD go out of business ....

If any Super League club signs Jackson Hastings they will live to regret it.

Hastings was a flop at the Sydney Roosters, despite being given many chances, which is why the Roosters released him to Manly.

Then when at Manly Hastings got into a fist fight with star half Daly Cherry-Evans. Hastings was subsequently relegated to reserve grade.

It has been reported that a number of Manly players refused to play with Hastings.

This is unprecedented rejection of a player by NRL clubs. All Super League chairmen and coaches should just use common sense on this case.

13 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Hastings was a flop at the Sydney Roosters, despite being given many chances, which is why the Roosters released him to Manly.

Then when at Manly Hastings got into a fist fight with star half Daly Cherry-Evans. Hastings was subsequently relegated to reserve grade.

It has been reported that a number of Manly players refused to play with Hastings.

This is unprecedented rejection of a player by NRL clubs. All Super League chairmen and coaches should just use common sense on this case.

Unfortunately common sense isn't too common. 

10 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

There are clearly two sides to this.... Getting into a fight with DCE is hardly unusual; I wonder how many Manly players would side with Hastings given the chance.

3 hours ago, M j M said:

There are clearly two sides to this.... Getting into a fight with DCE is hardly unusual; I wonder how many Manly players would side with Hastings given the chance.

Heaps of players have come out in support of him, apparently DCE was playing pranks on him (Some have described it as bullying) and went a bit too far, which led to Hastings throwing 'em. Hastings is notoriously a bit of a bell though, Huddersfield withdrew their offer due to him making "Unreasonable demands".

FWIW, I'm hearing he's Salford bound

39 minutes ago, UniSamX said:

In order of following, most recent first, these are the SL clubs Hastings follows on Twitter: Salford, Saints, Warrington, Leeds, Catalan.

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

In order of following, most recent first, these are the SL clubs Hastings follows on Twitter: Salford, Saints, Warrington, Leeds, Catalan.

Haha! Interesting...

Reports seem to confirm Salford. 

Edit: adding link from NRL site. Seems close to done. https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/18/nrl-signings-tracker-player-movements-and-contracts/

A mate of mine taught him during his last year or two of school when he was with the Steelers/Dragons juniors (who also gladly let him go to the Rossters). All the rugby league talent in the world, but even back then on a social level he didn’t really have any mates. Arrogant was probably the tamest descriptor put forward. Doesn’t  seem to get into drunken, assaulting type trouble, just has a knack of really rubbing people the wrong way. He’s still young and people continually grow and develop, but the track record is there. 

4 hours ago, UniSamX said:

Heaps of players have come out in support of him, apparently DCE was playing pranks on him (Some have described it as bullying) and went a bit too far, which led to Hastings throwing 'em. Hastings is notoriously a bit of a bell though, Huddersfield withdrew their offer due to him making "Unreasonable demands".

Threw some at DCE ... but rubs folk up the wrong way . So good n bad then 

Under the circumstances  you would think other NRL Clubs would come in for him  if they thought he could be dragged into line....

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

On 7/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, Oxford said:

I don't believe Salford have the funds for that capture DS but it could be interesting .....

Watch this space!

Just remember you heard here first folks!

Billy Slater  up next!

• 1 year later...
On 01/07/2018 at 13:50, DavidM said:

Jackson Hastings hasn’t proven he’s a quality halfback

On 02/07/2018 at 16:21, Manfred Mann said:

Always interesting to read up on old posts!!

Archived