Beer festival

Wakefield Ram

This is a serious post, looking at pictures of TWP game, the beer tent area was packed. Wonder if there is any chance we could do a real ale beer festival on a match day? Guess there would have to agree this with our current beer supplier.

The Portaloos somewhat take the sheen away from the prospect, don't you think?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'm curious as to why the girl in the bottom right hand corner is sniffing her fingers? I can only assume she's been persuaded to try Coolie's pork scratchings?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

52 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I'm curious as to why the girl in the bottom right hand corner is sniffing her fingers? I can only assume she's been persuaded to try Coolie's pork scratchings?

I could answer this question

In possibly 35 different ways

But I cannot come back with owt

That's not crude, realms of decency, 

Bad taste, innuendo, 

What does concern is... 

95% of the crowd are not looking at the pitch.. We might be doing the same vs barrow.. If it gets bad mate

it does make you wonder what crowds would be if no gala day and beer tents galore. they sure look to be having a great time but are they really bothered about the game. never looks to be this 7.000 plus crowds sat in stands when its on telly. wouldent mind an hour or two trying out a few a them wolf ales...:popcorn: is it  hot bovril when its colder times or boiled vimto like oldham fans have. am still saving up for a trip next year for cas game..:ok:

1 minute ago, RogerT said:

That's a good idea about the beer festival, still like our beer garden though.

tommos gold will do for me, when its a packed house you dont seem to get loads a folks milling around when games on like they do over WP. its like games a bonus for em.

3 hours ago, RogerT said:

I, Distantdog, and redditchbulldog will let you know when we get back

How on earth have you 3 got around the visa restrictions, quarantine laws, and saved up enough brass... 

With you 3 it will be like last of the summer wine does toronto

Have a great time lads and ill try watch the game with piggy... 

Try cheer the lad up while your team gets destroyed ;)

I'm sure he'll enjoy my deadpan humour

And dreaded wit.. ;)

5 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

6 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Bloody hell can you imagine us having a beer festival on match day's, quite a few on the south stand get pisht on Carlsburg can you imagine what they'd be like on some of the strong guest ales.

few extra stewards would go down well.:acute:

Because coolie I had the sense to apply for my visa as soon as Toronto where confirmed promoted and yes I did declare my speeding offense and I'm sure DD and Redditch did the same.

49 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Because coolie I had the sense to apply for my visa as soon as Toronto where confirmed promoted and yes I did declare my speeding offense and I'm sure DD and Redditch did the same.

All 3 of you have speeding offenses? :O

Nah, trust an Heckler from Heckmondwike to get it wrong, only I with a speeding thingy, DD and Redditch applied early.

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

What about that job you pulled back in 1963 on August 8th at bridego railway bridge... Surely that would have been enough to keep you out of canada

The Brazilian's were a little more relaxed about who ended up in their country

;)

Coolie my son I maybe old in age but I feel like a young un, at the moment see what I'm like when I get back from Toronto.

Archived